What are your travel plans in 2021 and beyond?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
flyingaway

Re: What are your travel plans in 2021 and beyond?

Post by flyingaway »

Just came back from my 16 day trip to Europe, spent 9 days in Croatia, with 1 day each to Bosnia & Herzegovina, and Montenegro, then flied to Switzerland for 7 days with a day trip to Liechtenstein. Based on the prices of beers and ice creams, I think that Switzerland is about 5 times more expensive than Bosnia & Herzegovina.

We did all we wanted to do, even jumped into the water just down the wall of the old town of Dubrovnik (Croatia) at about 70 degree temperature. We had some minor problems with our rental car, but we fortunately bought their full insurance. I was impressed with the people in those Balkan countries. They are very friendly and kind. We stayed in apartments (with booking.com) for the first time in these three countries and we liked all the apartments and the owners.

No country asked for virus test results. We were only asked to show vaccination cards when crossing border from Croatia to Bosnia and Herzegovina, once. Only the U.S. needed us to do some virus tests before flying back.

A trip of 16 days seemed to be a little longer than desirable. We were longing for coming home after about 12 days. But, just three days back home, I am already planning for my next trips.