Any interest in an advanced discussion group?

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Topic Author
echomello

Any interest in an advanced discussion group?

Post by echomello »

Is anyone interested in getting together over Zoom for an advanced discussion group?

The idea is to discuss topics such as long-term stock return forecasts and safe withdrawal rates. We could read academic finance literature together to inform the discussion.

What do I mean by "advanced"? I myself have a STEM degree, a CFA, and many years of professional investing experience, and so I'm quite interested in and comfortable reading academic finance literature, and I would like to connect with others who feel the same way.

If you're interested, DM me!

(And you have suggestions for other forums/gatherings/etc. where there might be folks interested in such a discussion group, please lmk!)
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: Any interest in an advanced discussion group?

Post by LadyGeek »

This thread is now in the US Chapters forum (Bogleheads community).

May I suggest you start a virtual chapter for "advanced" level discussions? We have virtual chapters for "Life Stages" (search this forum), so why not one for academic and theoretical topics?

All you need is 5 interested members to form a chapter. Choose who you want to be the chapter coordinator and you're on your way.

If this turns into a chapter, the chapter lead can join the private email collaboration group on Groups.io and use the group's Zoom account which can handle large meetings. (The Zoom account license is funded by the Bogle Center.)

Members should post here if they're interested.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.