Clearing Worthless Stocks From Account

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
geobrick

Clearing Worthless Stocks From Account

Post by geobrick »

I was recently given account authority from my sister who at some point over the last 25 years bought a lot of high-risk low-cost stocks in her Fidelity account. About 12 of 15 showing no Value today. Last year I called Fidelity and they were able to declare 4 of them as Worthless Securities. They say they can declare them worthless after all bankruptcy litigation has ended and the company notifies them the shares can be considered worthless.

There are 8 stocks with no value remaining so I called Fidelity again this year to see if the 8 remaining stocks can be removed as worthless but they said their system shows they have not been deemed worthless yet.

I question their assessment because some of these companies seem really dead. Here's a list of them:
CUSIP________Name
05569W101___BSI2000 INC
293561106___ENRON CORP (don't worry, she bought when it was $0.16/share - still 16 cents too high as we know now)
29382U209___ENTREPORT CORP COM NEW
37945A107___GLOBAL CONCEPTS LTD COM
682411202___ONE PRICE CLOTHING STORES INC CO
87151H106___SYMBOLLON PHARMACEUTICALS INC CL A
928366202___VISTA INTL TECHNOLOGIES INC COM NEW
G84385106___CHINA TECHNOLOGY GLOBAL CORP COM

Can someone help me find out the status of these companies so I can get the shares cleaned out of the account (and maybe take the small capital loss associated with them)?