Shipping/Packaging Tape

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
DTalos

Shipping/Packaging Tape

Post by DTalos »

I know this is a mundane topic, but what brand and size roll (s) of shipping/packaging tape offers the best value for an average household that occasionally mails packages and wishes to tape boxes for storage? There are a bevy of brand, types of tape and roll varieties.
mikemagz11

Re: Shipping/Packaging Tape

Post by mikemagz11 »

I moved two weeks ago and also ship things occasionally on eBay and use Scotch Heavy Duty Packing tape. Can get it on Amazon for cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000J ... UTF8&psc=1
runner3081

Post by runner3081 »

I buy packs of 36 rolls, cheapest I can find on eBay. Has never, ever created an issue and I have shipped many packages.

Post by 123 »

We use the Scotch Heavy Duty Packaging tape as well. Have bought it at Costco, Amazon, and Office Max in various size quantities. I usually think "Oops I bought too much this time" but it always seems to get used up.
The closest helping hand is at the end of your own arm.
bob60014

Post by bob60014 »

I've used the Duck Tape brand purchased at Walmart. In 10-15 years I've never had a issue.

Link to Walmart Duck Tape, here...

tinyurl.com/2a5vspnm
gnujoe2001

Post by gnujoe2001 »

Scotch Heavy Duty.

The few pennies saved on other cheaper tapes ended up with more frustration and waste from the tape splitting while unrolled.
lthenderson

Post by lthenderson »

I find it better to invest in a good quality tape dispenser used to apply the packing tape than worry about what brand of tape I buy. If you get a good quality dispenser, it really doesn't matter on the quality of the tape. If you are applying it by hand and using scissors to cut it, I would splurge on better quality tape.