Wireless Ear Buds for Android

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Leesbro63

Wireless Ear Buds for Android

Post by Leesbro63 »

I purchased AirPods Pro for my iPhone about a year ago. They are great. I'd like to buy a gift of something similar for a friend with a Samsung Android phone. For $100 or less. Any suggestions?
Raybo

Re: Wireless Ear Buds for Android

Post by Raybo »

I really like the Aftershoxz bone conduction headphones both me and my wife use. They aren't earbuds. They are connected by a band from ear to ear and use bluetooth. They have transducers that go in front of your ears and vibrate the bones to provide sound (you can't feel them vibrate, at least I can't). The Trex version (the low-end) is less than $100.

After using them for several months, I wrote a review of them on my website, if you want a more in-depth review of them.
No matter how long the hill, if you keep pedaling you'll eventually get up to the top.
IthacaisGorges

Post by IthacaisGorges »

The Jabra bluetooth headphones have been terrific in my experience. Now that the 75t is out the 65 series (I have the 65t sport) can be had for less than $100. Great value.
yeah

Post by yeah »

AirPods work with Samsung Android phones That is what I use and they work great.
Costco has the 2nd generation AirPods for $129, Woot has them for $109 (refurbished) and Zuilly for $99 (Refurbished)
snailderby

Post by snailderby »

At that price range, I'd consider the Samsung Galaxy Buds+ Plus ($100) or Jabra Elite 65t ($74). If you're looking for something cheaper, the AUKEY EP-T21s are on sale at Amazon right now for a little over $20 with a coupon.
Last edited by snailderby on Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheGreyingDuke

Post by TheGreyingDuke »

Raybo wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:44 am I really like the Aftershoxz bone conduction headphones both me and my wife use. They aren't earbuds. They are connected by a band from ear to ear and use bluetooth. They have transducers that go in front of your ears and vibrate the bones to provide sound (you can't feel them vibrate, at least I can't). The Trex version (the low-end) is less than $100.

After using them for several months, I wrote a review of them on my website, if you want a more in-depth review of them.
I was given a pair of these by my son, they are terrific! I have never been able to manage earbuds, tolerate them for noise reduction on airplanes, but these are great. I am able to hear outside sounds as needed, great for calls, movies, etc.
"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race." H.G. Wells
detroitbabu

Post by detroitbabu »

Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2 - $69

https://www.cnet.com/reviews/anker-soun ... -2-review/