Please help find Vanguard Transition Tab!!

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
invhelpme

Please help find Vanguard Transition Tab!!

Post by invhelpme »

I have followed all the instructions and I CANNOT find the stupid transitions tab for the new conversion. It is not under the balances and holdings tab anywhere or any place on my account pages. Please help. This is so frustrating I'm about to move everything to Fidelity! Thanks in advance for the help.
Cheez-It Guy

Re: Please help find Vanguard Transition Tab!!

Post by Cheez-It Guy »

Transition or Transaction?
dru808

Post by dru808 »

invhelpme wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:06 pm I have followed all the instructions and I CANNOT find the stupid transitions tab for the new conversion. It is not under the balances and holdings tab anywhere or any place on my account pages. Please help. This is so frustrating I'm about to move everything to Fidelity! Thanks in advance for the help.
You could ask fidelity to move it, you wouldn’t have to fuss with any tabs.
1 fund
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

I found it under the accounts page, then click an account, there it is for each account. I converted to Brokerage and then converted to ETFs.
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
Topic Author
invhelpme

Post by invhelpme »

Tried that. All my in formation is there. I clicked on all the accounts and still no brown transitions tab to be found anywhere. So frustrating. I ever disabled popup blockers as someone mentioned that on a different website but that didn't work either. Followed all of Vanguards instructions and still not see it.
Cheez-It Guy

Post by Cheez-It Guy »

This means Vanguard wants to keep you as a client!
Topic Author
invhelpme

Post by invhelpme »

Yeah surely other people must be having this problem. I've Googled it and emailed Vanguard and got the same answer as before, that the tab is under the balances and holdings portion under account overview. It isn't under mine. I have tried other browsers and that doesn't work either. Maybe just forget about it?
Pacific

Post by Pacific »

Cheez-It Guy wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:08 pm Transition or Transaction?
This.

I have no idea whether the OP is trying to find transactions (which I have) or transitions (which I do not have).
Topic Author
invhelpme

Post by invhelpme »

Transition tab for the new format
Topic Author
invhelpme

Post by invhelpme »

To convert the old account to the brokerage account to be more clear
Cheez-It Guy

Post by Cheez-It Guy »

Any possibility you're already on the new format and don't realize it? You will likely get better help faster if you calmly explain the situation and your need in greater detail.
sycamore

Post by sycamore »

When we log on to my wife's "old platform" account, the browser's address bar shows https://personal.vanguard.com/us/MyHome
and the page shows the menu bar at the top, below that is a "Welcome back, <name>", and below that is the message "Take action to transition your account" and a button "Transition now".

Another thing to try is go to My Accounts > Balances and holdings. In each account section, I see an icon that looks like a folder followed by "Upgrade" which is a link to start the transition process.

A third way is to browse to https://personal.vanguard.com/us/faces/triage. Use the option "Upgrade from a mutual fund account to a brokerage account".
retiredjg

Post by retiredjg »

My guess is that the transition has already started so there is nothing to click on anymore.
Topic Author
invhelpme

Post by invhelpme »

The transition had not started retiredjg. It's still the old platform. Sycamore thanks for the advice but already tried that. No transitions tab there either. Vanguard finally got back to me. The only way I can find the tab is to type in "transition" in the search bar and it will take me to the site I need to do it. Thanks for the responses. If anyone else can't find the tab this is what you need to do.
Eagle33

Post by Eagle33 »

invhelpme wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:24 pm The transition had not started retiredjg. It's still the old platform. Sycamore thanks for the advice but already tried that. No transitions tab there either. Vanguard finally got back to me. The only way I can find the tab is to type in "transition" in the search bar and it will take me to the site I need to do it. Thanks for the responses. If anyone else can't find the tab this is what you need to do.
More hoops that a client, or should I say a show dog, has to jump through to transition. Sorry, I'm waiting until Vanguard gets their act together - simplicity.
Hiker-Biker

Post by Hiker-Biker »

Wow! I converted my account three years ago and my wife's two years ago and no issues. I'm not sure what's going on with VG's technology nowadays. :shock: I had to call them when I was trying to tax loss harvest multiple lots because there were no lots to pick using a Mac.
rkhusky

Post by rkhusky »

Eagle33 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:35 pm
invhelpme wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:24 pm The transition had not started retiredjg. It's still the old platform. Sycamore thanks for the advice but already tried that. No transitions tab there either. Vanguard finally got back to me. The only way I can find the tab is to type in "transition" in the search bar and it will take me to the site I need to do it. Thanks for the responses. If anyone else can't find the tab this is what you need to do.
More hoops that a client, or should I say a show dog, has to jump through to transition. Sorry, I'm waiting until Vanguard gets their act together - simplicity.
Hard to say if this is a Vanguard problem or an investor’s browser/computer/ISP problem.
UpperNwGuy

Post by UpperNwGuy »

Hiker-Biker wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:05 pm Wow! I converted my account three years ago and my wife's two years ago and no issues. I'm not sure what's going on with VG's technology nowadays. :shock: I had to call them when I was trying to tax loss harvest multiple lots because there were no lots to pick using a Mac.
Seriously? I had no problem tax loss harvesting last March. All the lots were there for me to pick using my Mac.
Hiker-Biker

Post by Hiker-Biker »

UpperNwGuy wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:24 pm
Hiker-Biker wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:05 pm Wow! I converted my account three years ago and my wife's two years ago and no issues. I'm not sure what's going on with VG's technology nowadays. :shock: I had to call them when I was trying to tax loss harvest multiple lots because there were no lots to pick using a Mac.
Seriously? I had no problem tax loss harvesting last March. All the lots were there for me to pick using my Mac.
Yes. I never had an issue before. This may have been a good time to be Flagship status since the VG rep manually entered the lots I wanted to sell. Fortunately, I don't reinvest dividends anymore in the taxable account.
beyou

Post by beyou »

Wow, this is why BH site is so good. I had emailed Flagship support and got back that I should call to talk me through the 2 ways to get into the transitions. There is the pestering daily reminder but couldn’t do what I wanted there (cherry pick and covert each one). This method above does seem to allow selection one account at a time.
Topic Author
invhelpme

Post by invhelpme »

Now that I have found a way to transition the account I have to pull the trigger and do it. Is it an easy process? If i screw something up it is very difficult to call Vangaurd anymore because of customer no service to get the help to straighten out the mess I made. Always something.
inverter

Post by inverter »

Was very smooth for me in 2014 and suspect it is even smoother now.
beyou

Post by beyou »

A relative just did it and it was quick and painless for them.