Boglehead Beer

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
BoggledHead2

Re: Boglehead Beer

Post by BoggledHead2 »

Craft beer (and cocktails) are a vice I splurge on

Never thought I’d pay $20 for a 4-pack, but there is nothing better than a “cloudy” double IPA made well

They tend to be high ABV, so a 4 pack lasts pretty much all day/night. There are things I splurge on - and my beer is definitely 1 of them
theplayer11

Post by theplayer11 »

HARPOON DUNKIN' COFFEE PORTER..delicious!!
bengal22

Post by bengal22 »

Thetightfist wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:33 pm What is a Boglehead beer? It should have good taste but it should be reasonable in cost, right?

What is the beer of choice for the Boglehead? Also, what is the beer of choice when splurging?

:lol:
I would think boglehead beer would be happy with average: "taste OK; semi-filling."

My go to beer is Newcastle brown ale
"Earn All You Can; Give All You Can; Save All You Can." .... John Wesley
dustinst22

Post by dustinst22 »

Whatever high quality beer is at costco, which has the best deals. Latest one? Chimay. Other than a couple wineries I belong to, all my beer and wine come from costco.
InvisibleAerobar

Post by InvisibleAerobar »

XtremeSki2001 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:47 pm
investingdad wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:37 pm When it comes to beer, I take a page from the old, white haired guy that built Jurassic Park in the movies...I spare no expense.

I recently got a 4 pack of N'Ice Chouffe for about $20. The happy little forest gnomes on the label cleverly disguise the high ABV of this Belgian dark ale.
Brasserie d'Achouffe makes great Belgian beers indeed! I personally love their La Chouffe ... coincidentally my draft cup of choice has always been the tulip glass of the same (below), but recently broke it after years of devoted use. RIP.
https://static.webshopapp.com/shops/019 ... -glass.jpg
head over to the brew pub at Wegman's. if you are lucky, they may just give you a tulip glass for free (with purchase of beverage). their prices on the gnome-made beers are quite reasonable too, certainly better than anything else in the Keystone state. Otherwise, a 4-pack d'Achouffe variety pack is $17 and includes a tulip glass

unfortunately, i opened 1 bottle of the N'Ice and am having trouble finding an occasion opening the other three. a bit too strong ( I knew what I was getting into), but this beer really isn't to be trifled with. In the same vein, I like Ommegang Adoration, which is quite similar to d'Achouffe, given the common corporate parentage (Duvel Moortgat). Speaking of Duvel, their tulip glasses are also quite similar to the d'Achouffe glasses
RobLyons wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:41 pm Everyone has different tastes, but once you taste good craft beer, its nearly impossible to ever drink that commercial stuff ever again..
And I just can't understand how people tolerate PBR but too each his own!
There's also been such a boom in the industry the past 5 years its impossible to keep up anymore but here are some personal favorites

Best craft beers I've had come from New England:
Treehouse (Julius, Curiosity series, Juice machine, Green) eureka is best value/low abv
Trillium
Alchemist heady topper, focal banger
Lawsons sip of sunshine, super session
Bissel brothers - swish

Best value local brews are usually anything in the 4-6% abv range:
$1-$2 per beer

Notch - Left of the dial
night shift brewing - whirlpool ($11 4pack 16oz)
Founders - All Day IPA
Treehouse eureka
The Treehouse stuff is quite good; better than most IPAs (not a big fan of them, save for a few exceptions such as Treehouse). It's so good, that i'm planning on making a detour to the brewery in the Spring, as there's no legitimate way to get the beers otherwise. Apparently they are selling like hotcakes on Ebay, something like four can for $50 (legality of inter-state beer shipment from secondary seller notwithstanding). That's almost Westvelteren levels
ncbill

Post by ncbill »

Any other Hefeweizen to recommend?
XtremeSki2001

Post by XtremeSki2001 »

ncbill wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:06 pm Any other Hefeweizen to recommend?
Weihenstephaner or Paulaner. The Germans do it best.
A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through
investingdad

Post by investingdad »

Wiehenstephaner for sure.
Bylo Selhi

Post by Bylo Selhi »

Erdinger, Franziskaner. And if you're driving or working, their alkoholfrei variants are pretty decent too.
praxis

Re:

Post by praxis »

XtremeSki2001 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:11 pm
Keim wrote:Homebrewing: Indexing for beer snobs. 8)
How did you learn?
I used to brew beer in the basement in college. My friends liked my results. It was not difficult at all.
I concluded making tasty beer at home was much easier than making drinkable wine.
Brewman

Post by Brewman »

praxis wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:56 am
How did you learn?
I used to brew beer in the basement in college. My friends liked my results. It was not difficult at all.
I concluded making tasty beer at home was much easier than making drinkable wine.
^^^^^
+100 I thought making decent homebrew would be more difficult than it is but it is pretty easy. Although It can be a hobby that will consume you and vice versa.....................
XtremeSki2001

Post by XtremeSki2001 »

Brewman wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:49 pm
praxis wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:56 am
How did you learn?
^^^^^
+100 I thought making decent homebrew would be more difficult than it is but it is pretty easy. Although It can be a hobby that will consume you and vice versa.....................
It's on my 'to do in retirement' bucket list ... or when my 4 kids are old enough to be self sufficient ... need someone to crush the grain :happy
acunn

Post by acunn »

if you decide to home-brew check out the Grainfather if you plan to continue. Super awesome. Not boglehead but awesome! :sharebeer
dsmclone

Post by dsmclone »

I got into homebrewing early on but it quickly faded. A few reasons:

#1 I just couldn't make as good of beer as the pros.

#2 Even when I made a good beer, I have no urge to drink 48 of the same beers over and over. Part of what I like about craft beer is discovering new things.

#3 Having everything spotless is a must. Cleaning up afterwords is not as fun.

#4 I found smoking BBQ to be more fun.

On a side note, I'm on Untappd. 3,488 check in's and 1,460 unique beers.
SevenBridgesRoad

Re:

Post by SevenBridgesRoad »

Keim wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:36 pm

5 gallons=approx. 50 12 oz bottles. That lasts a while, esp. once you've brewed a few different styles.
I dunno. Neighbors and other friends make my garage brewed beer disappear pretty fast.
oldcomputerguy

Post by oldcomputerguy »

Until last week, the only two beers I ever had a taste for were Red Stripe (preferably on the beach in Jamaica, store-bought just isn’t the same for some reason) and Blue Moon. Last week we were at Adam & Eve in St. James London, and I tried Guinness for the first time, and really enjoyed it.
There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way. (Christopher Morley)
Brewman

Post by Brewman »

dsmclone wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:12 pm I got into homebrewing early on but it quickly faded. A few reasons:

#1 I just couldn't make as good of beer as the pros.

#2 Even when I made a good beer, I have no urge to drink 48 of the same beers over and over. Part of what I like about craft beer is discovering new things.

#3 Having everything spotless is a must. Cleaning up afterwords is not as fun.

#4 I found smoking BBQ to be more fun.

On a side note, I'm on Untappd. 3,488 check in's and 1,460 unique beers.
#1 - I have found that if you are careful and patient that you can make beer that will rival some of the pro's, mind you I didn't say better but certainly on very close to the same level. It also gives you the ability to tweek a recipe to your preference. This comes from someone who has yet to have gone to an all grain system but has stayed with a mini mash or just steeping specialty grains for the past 15+ years

#2 - Brew more often! This way you have multiple styles to try from :sharebeer I still go to my local craft beer shop and pick up a mix your own six to try others and to see what I might like to clone but my daily or house brew is usually one of my own. Also I like sharing with friends and giving them as gifts

#3 - No Argument here - but I guess the same would go for any hobby (cooking, crafting, scrapbooking, etc) clean up is never fun

#4 - That does sound good - but even the best BBQ never made me tipsy!

I decided to try home brewing on a whim probably 15 years ago with some tax refund money and have really enjoyed it over the years - as with any hobby you can make it as expensive and time consuming as you like or as simple and inexpensive as you want......as long as you enjoy it that's what counts! :sharebeer
Olemiss540

Post by Olemiss540 »

Lately been on an Amber Ale kick. Any recommendations?

Was put on this path by an absolutely INCREDIBLE Gerst Amber Ale from the Nashville area. In Cred I Ble.

Could drink it all day every day. Weird warmth to it, but not as filling as a wheat beer. A LOT of flavor and aroma.
I hold index funds because I do not overestimate my ability to pick stocks OR stock pickers.
Woodshark

Post by Woodshark »

I'm a self professed bipolar beer drinker. I don't care for porters, or stouts or even wheat beers. I tend to drink from the opposite ends, either a refreshing Corona or a fresh hopped IPA. My current favorite is Huger Street. It's an American IPA style beer brewed in Charleston, SC. It's sometimes hard to find so I keep New Belgium Voodoo Ranger Imperial IPA on hand as a backup.
mattyfu1

Post by mattyfu1 »

If anyone can get their hand on Barrier Brewing out of Long Island - anything is good!
I would suggest:

Kicken Knowledge
Shadows and Dust
Money
Tanto

Matty Fu
pdavi21

Post by pdavi21 »

Bottom shelf liquor and wines will get you drunk cheaper than even Natty Ice.

That being said, a purist Boglehead shouldn't drink, as it's been proven for decades that drinking increases medical costs and decreases life expextancy. The WHO estimates that 5.3% of deaths worldwide were caused by alcohol in 2017.
"We spend a great deal of time studying history, which, let's face it, is mostly the history of stupidity." -Stephen Hawking
roymeo

Post by roymeo »

Good thing it's not 2017 anymore--we're safe.
The sewer system is a form of welfare state. | -- "Libra", Don DeLillo
StrangePenguin

Post by StrangePenguin »

Olemiss540 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:36 pm Lately been on an Amber Ale kick. Any recommendations?

Was put on this path by an absolutely INCREDIBLE Gerst Amber Ale from the Nashville area. In Cred I Ble.

Could drink it all day every day. Weird warmth to it, but not as filling as a wheat beer. A LOT of flavor and aroma.
Amber Ale is an interesting category because it is very un-trendy at the moment. Most breweries do not bother with one. I think it used to be much more popular back when craft beer was a newer thing. Back in the day when I was getting into beer (12 or so years ago), one of my "gateway" beers was Boont Amber Ale from Anderson Valley brewing in California. I tried it again recently and it held its own. It is widely distributed, I think, although I'm not sure if it is available nationally. If you see it, give it a try.
themesrob

Post by themesrob »

StrangePenguin wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:52 pm
Olemiss540 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:36 pm Lately been on an Amber Ale kick. Any recommendations?

Amber Ale is an interesting category because it is very un-trendy at the moment. Most breweries do not bother with one. I think it used to be much more popular back when craft beer was a newer thing. Back in the day when I was getting into beer (12 or so years ago), one of my "gateway" beers was Boont Amber Ale from Anderson Valley brewing in California. I tried it again recently and it held its own. It is widely distributed, I think, although I'm not sure if it is available nationally. If you see it, give it a try.
agreed, the Boont Amber is very good. I've seen Anderson Valley quite a bit on the East Coast in the past two years. Troegs HopBack Amber is excellent too.
drk

Post by drk »

Costco has been stocking Rogue's Hazelutely Choctabulous for about $5, so that's been in my cupboard all winter.

Less frugal is the Jolly Pumpkin collaboration series, which I'll pick up any time I find one.
A useful razor: anyone asking about speculative strategies on Bogleheads.org has no business using them.
G12

Post by G12 »

Cherry Street Steppin' Razor is excellent.
BlueCable

Post by BlueCable »

pdavi21 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:05 pm a purist Boglehead shouldn't drink, as it's been proven for decades that drinking increases medical costs and decreases life expextancy. The WHO estimates that 5.3% of deaths worldwide were caused by alcohol in 2017.
Or perhaps a Boglehead should drink a lot to shorten their retirement and increase their SWR! :sharebeer
Mike Scott

Post by Mike Scott »

I guess the Mexican and German import beer in the fridge means that we are not true bogleheads.
JDDS

Post by JDDS »

health teacher wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:32 am
JDDS wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:13 am Based on a rec. A few days ago I bought a six pack of Kujo, a col press coffee porter (6%) from Flying Dog. It's now gone and I'll have to see if I can get another, super enjoyed this one. There's a weird story about a dog on the bottle that I've since been informed is because Kujo is the name of a Stephen King novel/movie.

Cheers to the return of stout season!
You might like Southern Tier's Coldpress Coffee Pumking. Might be able to find it in a 22oz, but I know it's available in 4 packs of 12oz bottles. I almost bought it yesterday, but for $15 a 4 pack I didn't want to take the chance of being underwhelmed. You try it first and tell me if it's good.

Edited to add: It's not a stout though. It's a pumpkin beer.
I was offered our local store's last 4 pack, but I passed at the price. I subsequently heard it was just okay.
JDDS

Post by JDDS »

XtremeSki2001 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:38 am Not very Boglehead, but enjoyed Firestone Walker's Stickee Monkee from 2017 the other night. One of the most delicious Belgian quads I've ever had.
I agree that it's an amazing beer. Firestone's XXII anniversary is something like 44% stickee monkey, so you might like to try that if you also like Parabola.
Norsky19

Post by Norsky19 »

Favorites:
Cold Smoke from Kettlehouse Brewery in Missoula (scotch ale)
Moosedrool from Big Sky Brewing in Missoula (brown ale)
Summer Honey- Big Sky Brewing- Missoula (golden ale)
likegarden

Post by likegarden »

Sam Adams Boston Lager here. They use German hops, use an old formula, tastes like the good old times when I was German. Doctor says 1 beer a day is good for me, permits also 2 each day, like in summer after mowing the lawn.
German beers have to follow medieval purity laws, I like that too!
Rus In Urbe

Post by Rus In Urbe »

Ommegang Duvel.
Ommegang Three Philosophers.
Guinness (because it makes me nostalgic for the times we've spent in Ireland). :sharebeer
I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money. ~Pablo Picasso
lazydavid

Post by lazydavid »

carol-brennan wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:41 am Beer is best left on the shelf--the store shelf. And the money you would spend on it is best saved or invested.
Party pooper. :P
carol-brennan wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:41 amAlcohol is not only bad for you in itself; it also increases appetite and decreases one's willpower to eat in a healthy way
Not true: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16926710
It has been anecdotally suggested that alcohol stimulates appetite and so increases energy intake in people who have poor appetite. This review sought to systematically review the evidence for this practice, using the mini-review approach (Griffiths, 2002). Among the eight studies reviewed, only one showed a significant difference in appetite ratings between the alcohol and no alcohol preload. However, significant differences were found in energy intake following a high-dose alcohol preload as opposed to a no-alcohol preload, in three out of the eight studies reviewed. One further study reported an increase in energy intake after the alcohol preload but this failed to reach statistical significance. In conclusion, the effect of alcohol on appetite appears largely unsubstantiated. Alcohol's effect on energy intake does appear significant, but further research is necessary owing to small sample sizes.
I eat better than most, exercise a lot more than most (1300 miles on the bike since Thanksgiving), and enjoy my adult beverages. I'll do me, you do you.

Back on the thread topic, after two years of playing around with a little Picobrew, which makes 1.25 G of craft beer from predefined recipe paks (kind of like giant K-cups), I made the transition in December to a semi-automated 5 Gallon home brewery (Brew Boss). Loving the process and the product so far, even though I have a lot to learn yet. Kegged my third beer yesterday, an American Pale Ale that is currently carbonating. First two were Sierra Nevada's Resilience IPA (they published the malt/hops schedule), and a Blonde Ale made with Centennial hops.

As long as you ignore the substantial up-front investment in equipment :D homebrewing is very boglehead-ish. ingredient costs are generally $30 or so for a 5-gallon batch.

In terms of commercial beers, one of my best finds last year was Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale. It's a Session Sour that is a hybrid between the Kolsh, Gose, and Berliner Weiss styles, made with black limes and sea salt. Amazingly refreshing in the summer heat.

Cheers all! :sharebeer
theplayer11

Post by theplayer11 »

carol-brennan wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:41 am Beer is best left on the shelf--the store shelf. And the money you would spend on it is best saved or invested.

Alcohol, in any quantity, is very bad for your health. The best way to live a long life in order to enjoy the fruits of savings and investments is to eliminate any habit that is known to shorten life. The primary culprits are smoking, alcohol, and poor diet, along with lack of exercise. Alcohol is not only bad for you in itself; it also increases appetite and decreases one's willpower to eat in a healthy way, lowers energy levels (especially in older age), disrupts sleep, the list goes on and on.

So in my view, the best "Boglehead Beer" is no beer. My interpretation of "Boglehead" means good sense, and good sense starts with being honest with yourself.
Many, including myself, enjoy a drink or 2 while socializing with family and friends...if this shortens my life a little, I'll take the trade off.
XtremeSki2001

Post by XtremeSki2001 »

JDDS wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:52 pm
XtremeSki2001 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:38 am Not very Boglehead, but enjoyed Firestone Walker's Stickee Monkee from 2017 the other night. One of the most delicious Belgian quads I've ever had.
I agree that it's an amazing beer. Firestone's XXII anniversary is something like 44% stickee monkey, so you might like to try that if you also like Parabola.
Have not seen the XXII, but will give it a try if do. Actually had Parabola two weeks ago and enjoyed Velvet Merkin on Saturday. Might be my favorite, but I love Oatmeal Stouts. I have a deep stout inventory for winter that I'm trying to get through :D

Last night I enjoyed Dogfish Head's Oak-Aged Vanilla World Wide Stout ... excellent beer.
trueson1

Post by trueson1 »

Being from a great microbrew state - MI, we are somewhat spoiled with great brews. I am an IPA fan myself. I am from Kalamazoo, home of Bell's brewery, with the Flagship, Two-Hearted Ale (IPA) and the winter double IPA "Hopslam". Lot's of great beers here. But one of my favorites is a double from Victory brewery in PA, called "DirtWolf". Great refreshing double IPA - but be careful - that 8.7% ABV - 3 or 4 of these and you are in for the night.
dsmclone

Post by dsmclone »

trueson1 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:15 am Being from a great microbrew state - MI, we are somewhat spoiled with great brews. I am an IPA fan myself. I am from Kalamazoo, home of Bell's brewery, with the Flagship, Two-Hearted Ale (IPA) and the winter double IPA "Hopslam". Lot's of great beers here. But one of my favorites is a double from Victory brewery in PA, called "DirtWolf". Great refreshing double IPA - but be careful - that 8.7% ABV - 3 or 4 of these and you are in for the night.
I've had thousands of different beers and Two Hearted still remains one that I can always rely on to be great.
A440

Post by A440 »

As others have mentioned, Unibroue's La Fin Du Monde
I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future.
lazydavid

Post by lazydavid »

A440 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:14 pm As others have mentioned, Unibroue's La Fin Du Monde
Almost anything from this brewery is fantastic. My favorite is "La Terrible", a dark strong ale. For those that don't know, Trader Joe's annual Vintage Ale (here's the 2018 release) is made by Unibroue, and is a great deal. I buy a case almost every year and cellar them so I can do vertical tastings.
researcher

Post by researcher »

carol-brennan wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:41 am Beer is best left on the shelf--the store shelf...Alcohol, in any quantity, is very bad for your health...So in my view, the best "Boglehead Beer" is no beer.
GIven your response to this thread and others, you certainly have a unique take on life...

What do you do to relax just after returning from work:
"Definitely no drinking. That's a sure way to an early death."

Talk me in/out of $35k Tesla Model 3:
"Each time you step into an automobile, you are risking your life… Stay out of cars as much as possible …When I think about cars, I thank my lucky stars that I have remained alive as long as I have."

Swimming, do you? Advice sought.:
"I have not been able to bring myself to swim in public pools since I learned how much urine there is in a typical pool…Long-term exposure has been linked to asthma in professional swimmers and pool workers."

Why do you live where you live?
"My plan to maximize the savings and investments includes saying "no" to most of the things that suck up people's after-tax income: family, children, expensive house, car loans, etc."

"I live too often on the internet because my job is boring and I'm waiting for my life to begin."
westcoast

Post by westcoast »

I enjoy Crux Fermentation Project Half Hitch IPA, very smooth and a great taste. Its fairly expensive $6 for a 10 ounce glass at a tap house. A few others Barley Brown IPAs they have several all very good. Also from Block 15 Brewing Monster Cookies IPA and Melvin Brewings 2x4 DIPA.
greg24

Post by greg24 »

I'm almost purely a stout drinker. Current fav is Evil Twin Even More Jesus.

Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout is my main go-to beer. LH Wake Up Dead is also awesome.
Doom&Gloom

Post by Doom&Gloom »

More and more I find myself trying so many new beers that I can no longer settle on a single favorite for an every day beer.

I avoid IPA's and other hoppy beers, and I still find my beer fridge and pantry swelling past my consumption ability. It's a great time to be a beer drinker!
:sharebeer
jfn111

Post by jfn111 »

roymeo wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:37 pm Good thing it's not 2017 anymore--we're safe.
+1 :sharebeer
InvisibleAerobar

Post by InvisibleAerobar »

Rus In Urbe wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:59 am Ommegang Duvel.
Ommegang Three Philosophers.
Guinness (because it makes me nostalgic for the times we've spent in Ireland). :sharebeer
i could handle it when I was younger. I have to "prep" for it these days by making sure I eat enough carbs to slow the alcohol absorption. Getting old and all that
lazydavid wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:20 pm
A440 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:14 pm As others have mentioned, Unibroue's La Fin Du Monde
Almost anything from this brewery is fantastic. My favorite is "La Terrible", a dark strong ale. For those that don't know, Trader Joe's annual Vintage Ale (here's the 2018 release) is made by Unibroue, and is a great deal. I buy a case almost every year and cellar them so I can do vertical tastings.
Unibroue certainly makes good stuff. The stuff they made for TJ was great when it was $5.99/750 mL.
Starfish

Post by Starfish »

Alcohol, in any quantity, is very bad for your health.
Laughter, happiness and social life are much better for your health than the minor damage some reasonable alcohol consumption could produce (if that's even the case).
Alcohol is indissolubly related to above so it's a definite net plus.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

I removed an off-topic post and reply stating a contrary opinion (health effects) to consuming beer. Please stay on-topic.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
A440

Post by A440 »

lazydavid wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:20 pm
I'll have to make a road trip to Princeton's Trader Joe's and buy a case. Thanks for the tip!
I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future.
XtremeSki2001

Post by XtremeSki2001 »

Spoiled a few weeks ago ... was in San Diego so got the chance to visit a few breweries - AleSmith, Modern Times, and Resident.

AleSmith has a tasting room where you can peruse and taste the Speedway Stout catalog. Really great experience and had Sap Ness Monster (two batches separately aged in maple syrup and Islay scotch barrels and then combined), Mexican, Jamaican, Waffle, Vietnamese, and Double Barrel. Went on to Modern Times and switched gears for some great NEIPAs. Had two great collaborations - Unlike Birds, This is Real (collab w/ Other Half) and Temple of Ruin (collab w/Burial Beer Co).

Plenty I missed ... so many breweries out there and so little time. Hopefully for those that find themselves in San Diego, this is helpful.

Oh and to keep it on topic, the AleSmith experience is quite affordable because you can opt for 1.5oz, 4oz, 8oz, etc. pours. Pick your poison :beer