Join the Wiki!

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Miriam2

Re: Join the Wiki!

Post by Miriam2 »

Peculiar_Investor wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:29 pmStart small, with little steps, such as correcting a typo or misspelling. Rome The wiki wasn't built in a day.
I sometimes find grammar or spelling error or out of date links - but I'm afraid of messing up the Wiki by trying to edit :wink: I assume there's a way for the editors to correct my editing mistakes . . .
Peculiar_Investor
Site Admin

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

Two word answer ... Be bold
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
shaolin007

Post by shaolin007 »

May I join the Wiki? Just have a couple of edits here and there re: Vanguard fund changes. Thanks!
CollegePrudens

Post by CollegePrudens »

shaolin007 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:59 pm May I join the Wiki? Just have a couple of edits here and there re: Vanguard fund changes. Thanks!
Hi Shaolin - have you been able to become a wiki editor yet? If not, contact "Barry Barnitz" or "LadyGeek". You can see their posts earlier in this thread.
We need to learn to want what we have, not to have what we want, in order to get stable and steady happiness - The 14th Dalai Lama
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

shaolin007 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:59 pm May I join the Wiki? Just have a couple of edits here and there re: Vanguard fund changes. Thanks!
Yes, you certainly may join the wiki. I have added you as an editor. Please check your Private Message inbox.

CollegePrudens - Thank you for the reminder.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
GoPackGo

Post by GoPackGo »

Could I be added as a wiki editor, there is some updates about the iShares REIT fund I would like to update on https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Real_es ... ment_trust
fyre4ce

Post by fyre4ce »

May I please be made a Wiki editor? Following a long discussion on marginal tax rates and Roth vs. Traditional, I'd like to make some edits to these articles.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

You certainly may, and thank you! Please check your Private Message inbox.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
jmnbqb

Post by jmnbqb »

I would like to request being a Wiki editor. While I am not the most active on the forum, I have experience on Wikipedia's main site with creating pages and making regular edits. I wanted to make minor additions to several articles (most recently I saw was to add "DINK" to the abbreviations page).
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Thank you for your offer. We use the same software as Wikipedia, so you should feel right at home.

I have added you as a wiki editor. Please check your Private Messages inbox.
isidhu

Post by isidhu »

Count me in. It would be great learning experience
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Thanks! I have added you as a wiki editor. Please check your Private Messages inbox.
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

I'd like to join the wiki. To get started I'd like to correct a broken link on the 'Household budgeting' page at https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Household_budgeting

The U.S. Department of Labor .pdf document 'Savings Fitness: A Guide to Your Money and Your Financial Future' was at:
http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/pdf/savingsfitness.pdf
It is now at:
https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ ... itness.pdf
Topic Author
Barry Barnitz
Wiki Admin

Post by Barry Barnitz »

Thanks! I have added you as a wiki editor. Please check your Private Messages inbox.

regards,
Additional administrative tasks: Financial Page bogleheads.org. blog; finiki the Canadian wiki; The Bogle Center for Financial Literacy site; La Guía Bogleheads® España site.
Lyrrad

Post by Lyrrad »

I’d like to get access to edit the Wiki.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Ricchan

Post by Ricchan »

Mainly want to fix the link on this page:
https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/529_pla ... ings_plans

The link in question is under the text "chart from FINRA" and points to this (broken) url:
http://www.finra.org/Investors/SmartInv ... ge/P124117

I believe the updated url should be this:
https://www.finra.org/investors/learn-t ... ison-chart

I can fix it if someone gives me access, or if someone wants to fix it themselves that's fine too.
Cheers. :beer

(As an aside, I noticed the FINRA chart is incomplete as it doesn't mention recapture taxes under "Penalties for Non-Qualified Withdrawals" in the case of some states. But that's another topic.)
TedSwippet

Post by TedSwippet »

Ricchan wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:42 amI can fix it if someone gives me access, or if someone wants to fix it themselves that's fine too.
I have fixed this specific broken link. Thank you for the note, and for providing the corrected page URL.

I can't make you a wiki editor myself -- don't have the privileges -- but if you still want to become an editor you'd be more than welcome.
Ricchan

Post by Ricchan »

TedSwippet wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:30 pm
Ricchan wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:42 amI can fix it if someone gives me access, or if someone wants to fix it themselves that's fine too.
I have fixed this specific broken link. Thank you for the note, and for providing the corrected page URL.

I can't make you a wiki editor myself -- don't have the privileges -- but if you still want to become an editor you'd be more than welcome.
Thanks for fixing the link!

If someone wants to make me and editor just so I don't have to bother people in this thread again next time I want to suggest a change, I'm fine with that. If you want to keep the number of editors to a minimum, I'm fine with not being an editor too. Whichever fits with how you guys want to run things. :)
DCode

Post by DCode »

I’d also like the ability to edit the Wiki also if possible. I ran across a broken link recently and meant to report it but forgot. Sorry!
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Ricchan and DCode - I have added both of you as wiki editors. Thanks!

Please check your Private Messages for the login details.

Fixing typos, grammars, and broken links is just as important as an article's content. Anything you can do is much appreciated.
Pegasus_RPG

Post by Pegasus_RPG »

I'd like to edit the wiki, specifically the TSP page's matching section, as new military members (and those that joined after about 2005) now have access to matching funds.
lexor

Post by lexor »

I'd like to join the army please! I'm especially interested in improving the lazy portfolio pages, adding to the tax efficiency and costs pages and updating pages of major brokers like Fidelity, Vanguard and Schwab.
“The miracle of compounding returns is overwhelmed by the tyranny of compounding costs.” -Mr. John C. Bogle
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

lexor - I have added you as an editor. Please check your Private Messages for the login details.

Pegasus_RPG was added as an editor yesterday and has updated: Thrift Savings Plan

Thanks to both!
sycamore

Post by sycamore »

I'd like to edit the wiki. To start with I would fix some minor issues:
1. https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Saver%27s_credit mentions something about tables for years 2018 and 2017, but there are no such tables.
2. https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Rolling ... bond_funds says "This makes clear a key fact often admitted ..."; last word should be "omitted" like the same text says in https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Individ ... _bond_fund.
Topic Author
Barry Barnitz
Wiki Admin

Post by Barry Barnitz »

Sycamore:

We have added you as an editor. Please check your Private Messages for the login details.

thanks,
Additional administrative tasks: Financial Page bogleheads.org. blog; finiki the Canadian wiki; The Bogle Center for Financial Literacy site; La Guía Bogleheads® España site.
quokka70

Post by quokka70 »

I'd like to be an editor of the Wiki. There are some dead links on the Rebalancing page.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Thanks! I have added you as an editor. Please check your Private Messages for the login details.
Farragut

Post by Farragut »

I'd like to become an editor. Table 5 of https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Emerging_market_bonds has out-of-date expense ratios and the table of EM bond returns on that page hasn't been updated since 2016.
Topic Author
Barry Barnitz
Wiki Admin

Post by Barry Barnitz »

HI Farragut:

Please check your pm's. Instructions for completing your wiki editorship are included in the pm.

regards,
Iconicus

Post by Iconicus »

If you give me wiki edit access I will fix the broken link to the HSABank fee schedule in the HSA wiki article.
Else make the link go to here: https://www.hsabank.com/hsabank/-/media ... ashx?la=en
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Thanks! I have given you wiki access. Please check your Private Messages for the login details.
Osprey

Post by Osprey »

I would like to help with the Wiki.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Thank you! I have given you wiki access. Please check your Private Messages for the login details.
zarci

Post by zarci »

Hello there!

I'd like to join the wiki! After a few years of practical investing I think I may have a thing or two to contribute to the "Investing from [my country of residence]" page.

That page has been invaluable to me during my journey so far, for which I'm really grateful!
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Thanks! I have given you wiki access. Please check your Private Messages for the login details.
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

I have learned TONS on the wiki!

Thanks you to anyone who contributes!

Tony
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
oldchap

Post by oldchap »

Hello all, and Happy New Year!

I would like to join the wiki and help contribute!

Thanks
NRA, LSE-based ETFs only | 1-fund portfolio powered by Vanguard: 120% VWRA | Following the Lifecycle Investing Strategy
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Thank you, and Happy New Year! I have given you wiki access. Please check your Private Messages for the login details.
babystep

Post by babystep »

I would like to join the wiki and help contribute!

Thanks.
Topic Author
Barry Barnitz
Wiki Admin

Post by Barry Barnitz »

Hi babystep:

We have created a wiki account for you. Check your pm's for instructions on how to proceed. Thanks for joining, we welcome contributors.

regards,
Jacotus

Post by Jacotus »

I would like to help with the Wiki!
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

JBTX

Post by JBTX »

May I help with wiki?
Topic Author
Barry Barnitz
Wiki Admin

Post by Barry Barnitz »

JBTX wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:54 pm May I help with wiki?
Thanks! We have given you wiki access. Please check your Private Messages for login details.

regards,
ganeshkmurthy

Post by ganeshkmurthy »

I would like to edit the wiki for adding ESG type investing options. I am a long time editor of Wikipedia and am familiar with editing MediaWiki.

I would like the username, ganeshkmurthy. Thank you.
secondopinion

Post by secondopinion »

I have been combing through the wiki and found that https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Preferred_stock is missing some of the more recent preferred stock ETFs (well, recent-ish).

Could you add me (secondopinion) to the editors list or add the following?

Global X U.S. Preferred ETF (Ticker: PFFD): https://www.globalxetfs.com/funds/pffd/ (ETF.com: https://www.etf.com/PFFD). ER: 0.23%
Global X Variable Rate Preferred ETF (Ticker: PFFV): https://www.globalxetfs.com/funds/pffv/ (ETF.com: https://www.etf.com/PFFV). ER: 0.25%
Passive investing: not about making big bucks but making profits. Active investing: not about beating the market but meeting goals. Speculation: not about timing the market but taking profitable risks.
clearbluesky

Post by clearbluesky »

Hi Barry, I would like to become an editor, starting very simply as you suggest. I've been on your wiki since 2017. :happy
Topic Author
Barry Barnitz
Wiki Admin

Post by Barry Barnitz »

clearbluesky wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:20 pm Hi Barry, I would like to become an editor, starting very simply as you suggest. I've been on your wiki since 2017. :happy
Please check your private messages.

regards,
petulant

Post by petulant »

Can I have access to edit/suggest edits to Wiki articles? I want to make suggestions on an article per this thread. Thanks.