Planvision Demo- Tue June 22

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Planvision Demo- Tue June 22

Post by sleepysurf »

There have been a number of Forum posts about Mark Zoril's low-cost Planvision service. Rather than piggybacking onto those, I'm starting a new thread specifically for this upcoming demo, which will be open to the entire BH community.

The Tampa Bay and South FL Chapters will be hosting a joint (Zoom) meeting on Tue, June 22nd, 8PM *EDT* with guests Mark Zoril and Jason Lynch demo'ing the Planvision service (and eMoney platform). Since this will be a virtual meeting, all interested Bogleheads are welcome to attend.

You can (anonymously) RSVP for the meeting here... https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

The Zoom link will be posted in the BH Calendar of Events at least one week prior to the meeting.

Mark and Jason previously presented at our April meeting, covering a variety of investing topics, but not Planvision per se. The vast majority of participants at that time requested a full Planvision demo, so we invited them back for that. The April recording is available here... https://www.bogleheads.org/blog/2021/04 ... son-lynch/

Disclaimer: I recently signed up for the Planvision service, mainly for a 2nd opinion on my BH portfolio and Roth Conversion strategy. I have no other financial relationship with them, but thought their investing philosophy and low-cost advice model would be of interest to many Bogleheads.

For background, here are Mark's and Jason's bios, and you can read more about the Planvision service here... https://planvisionmn.com/

Mark Zoril
As the founder of PlanVision, Mark has 27 years of direct client work experience in the financial services industry. He started his career helping smaller companies establish employer based retirement plans. However, his efforts over the years evolved to primarily helping individuals plan and prepare for their financial futures.

Jason Lynch
Jason joined PlanVision in February 2020 after spending the last 18 years in private accounting as a controller, business manager, and consultant. He also spent 12 years in public accounting concentrating in tax with high net worth clients and their businesses. He’s been indexing since the mid-90’s and is a true Boglehead having attended the national conference in 2016 and is a regular presenter in his local Bogleheads chapter. Jason became a PlanVision client after hearing Mark’s Doughroller interview and is thrilled to have a platform to help clients and share his knowledge.
Last edited by sleepysurf on Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Retired 2018 | currently ~64/33/3 (partially sliced and diced, with a slowly rising equity glide path)
drzzzzz

Re: Planvision Demo- June 22

Post by drzzzzz »

Would you share what Roth conversion strategies and ideas come up after you discuss with them. I am interested in this particular topic, but have found it difficult to find an adviser who has the expertise or interest in addressing the issue regarding how much to do in Roth conversions prior to Social security and RMD happening. Thanks
Katietsu

Post by Katietsu »

drzzzzz wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:40 pm Would you share what Roth conversion strategies and ideas come up after you discuss with them. I am interested in this particular topic, but have found it difficult to find an adviser who has the expertise or interest in addressing the issue regarding how much to do in Roth conversions prior to Social security and RMD happening. Thanks
Much difference cost...but...check out the website for James Lange (www.paytaxeslater.com). Probably will not find anyone more into the details of Roth conversions.

I do plan to ask PlanVision and Jason about the Roth conversion topic myself.
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

drzzzzz wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:40 pm Would you share what Roth conversion strategies and ideas come up after you discuss with them. I am interested in this particular topic, but have found it difficult to find an adviser who has the expertise or interest in addressing the issue regarding how much to do in Roth conversions prior to Social security and RMD happening. Thanks
See my post on another thread, answering that question... viewtopic.php?p=6021823#p6021823
Retired 2018 | currently ~64/33/3 (partially sliced and diced, with a slowly rising equity glide path)
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

This thread is now in the US Chapters forum (community).
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Re: Planvision Demo- Tue June 22

Post by sleepysurf »

During the "Retired Life Stage" meeting this week, there was some discussion about retiring to another country (Mexico, others) as an expat. I believe that's one of the areas Mark Zoril specializes in, so if you are considering that option, feel free to ask a question or two about it following the presentation.
ClaycordJCA

Post by ClaycordJCA »

Are you planning on recording and posting the June 22 presentation? I’ve enjoyed watching the April program recording over the last couple of days.
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

Yes, we plan on recording the presentation, but not yet sure if we'll record the Q&A segment. I recommend folks participate live, if possible, especially if they wish to ask a question.
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

For some reason, the prior RSVP link (with shortened URL) stopped working, so here's the full link... https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

BTW, RSVP's are anonymous, so emailed meeting reminders cannot be sent. If you plan to attend, please manually add the meeting (for your appropriate time zone) to your digital or paper calendar. The Zoom link is posted in the BH Calendar of Events... https://www.bogleheads.org/blog/calendar-of-events/
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

For those interested, just bumping this as a final reminder about tomorrow's Zoom meeting. If you plan on attending, kindly RSVP, so we have a rough idea of the head count.
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

The recording from our June 22nd PlanVision/eMoney demo with Mark Zoril and Jason Lynch is now available here... https://www.bogleheads.org/blog/portfol ... entations/

We had over 90 attendees. Thanks again to Mark Zoril and Jason Lynch for a great presentation, as well as HoosierJim (Chicago Virtual Chapter) for the editing, and LadyGeek for posting on the BH Blog.