Vanguard Diehards > Bogleheads

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Topic Author
tomd37

Vanguard Diehards > Bogleheads

Post by tomd37 »

Taylor - When was Vanguard Diehards established and when did it close down and migrate to the current Bogleheads? I can remember reading and posting on Diehards but cannot put a date on it. Thanks for any info you can provide.
Tom D.
TravelGeek

Re: Vanguard Diehards > Bogleheads

Post by TravelGeek »

“ This 20-year journey started in 1998 on the Morningstar.com Vanguard Diehards forum. In February of 2007, we decided to start our own commercial-free forum in order to control our own destiny. Since then, the growth of the forum and the Bogleheads Community has been phenomenal.”

From https://www.bogleheads.org/AboutUs.php
oldcomputerguy

Post by oldcomputerguy »

This topic is now in the Local Chapters and Bogleheads Community - US Chapters forum.
There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way. (Christopher Morley)
Ramjet

Post by Ramjet »

It looks like it was about the date you joined this site, March 2007
Faith20879

Post by Faith20879 »

Ramjet wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:42 am It looks like it was about the date you joined this site, March 2007
This sounds about right. The old shop closed so I joined the new about that time, give take a month or so.
CABob

Post by CABob »

Faith20879 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:00 pm
Ramjet wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:42 am It looks like it was about the date you joined this site, March 2007
This sounds about right. The old shop closed so I joined the new about that time, give take a month or so.
The Morningstar Diehards forum remained open for quite some time (years?) after the Bogleheads was established. Taylor, Mel, and others still posted there frequently and there were a few who did not move to BH as near as I could tell. I used to go to DH frequently often just to check on BH when they had an outage or some similar thing. My visits got less frequent and the recent times have been somewhat of a disappointment in that it was just not the same forum.
Bob
greg24

Post by greg24 »

Speaking of the Morningstar forums, I still occasionally go there for TIAA talk.

I just noticed a couple days that their login system has totally changed. It looks like free accounts are gone, and only true Morningstar users can post.

Does anyone know what is going on with their forums?

General M* forums:
https://community.morningstar.com/s/top ... ing-forums