Post your Financial Milestone Announcements Here

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
shoelaces

Re: Post your Financial Milestone Announcements Here

Post by shoelaces »

As of this week, my retirement accounts have $500,000! This is 3 years sooner than I had hoped to hit that mark. Thrilled about this but nothing will change as to how I am saving or investing.
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

shoelaces wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:48 am As of this week, my retirement accounts have $500,000! This is 3 years sooner than I had hoped to hit that mark. Thrilled about this but nothing will change as to how I am saving or investing.
Congratulations! That is impressive.

Just keep saving and investing, and your account will grow nicely over time.
Retired life insurance company financial executive who sincerely believes that ”It’s a GREAT day to be alive!”
ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon »

shoelaces wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:48 am As of this week, my retirement accounts have $500,000! This is 3 years sooner than I had hoped to hit that mark. Thrilled about this but nothing will change as to how I am saving or investing.
Congratulations :D .
"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein | Wiki article link: Bogleheads® investment philosophy
rohitiiml

Post by rohitiiml »

Only place in the world I can share this!

Only 4 years ago I was posting on bogleheads how to time the market as I was sitting on the sidelines for years with cash and wiser heads advised me to stop trying to outsmart the world. Thanks for all the help!

Happy to post this month that my wife (38) and I(37), living in London, collectively crossed £2m (roughly $2.8m) in household net worth :)

About 50% in home equity (living in HCOL city but happy with our home) and 50% in global equities (all in vanguard index funds) - only exception is a small (c.1%) in a China tech ETF (KWEB) and 2 small private investments (not counting this value anymore) which are moonshot hopefuls and made prior to discovering bogleheads, dont know the outcomes yet...

I am pleased with one particular aspect in the last decade - and this is slightly non-boglehead of me - Over the last 7 years we got our mortgage down from £630,000 to £70,000 now, and are very averse to debt (albeit this was a v cheap mortgage it was too big for us psychologically). We bought a house in a nice suburb and the house value has likely gone up due to covid, but we would have probably made quite a lot more money if we had invested more in the market vs overpaying mortgage. We will continue to do this till we are fully debt free (likely in 2 years as this is the max overpayment allowed)! Not having debt is a huge comforting factor for us - and to a certain extent we compensate for it by being 100% in equities and taking more risk elsewhere.

I found buying a home in London was a game changer in terms for asset/wealth creation journey for us - completely changed the P&L/balance sheet from high expenses (nearly £2,500-3000 rent per month) to high value asset creation (low interest so almost all mortgage payment to reduce principal). Since then it is a virtuous cycle as we have overpaid on mortgage, monthly mortgage payments have reduced and ability/flexibility to invest has increased with stable employment.

Also helps that we are both employed in full time, have very low maintenance lifestyle in terms of expenses due to humble upbringings (in India), have zero cost hobbies (reading, relaxing/cooking at home) and our daughter goes to a local state school which is well rated (saves about £20,000 per year vs private school in London!).

Thank you once again to this board! Bogleheads have educated me more than my CFA, engineering degree and MBA put together!
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

canidothat wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:19 am I'm not sure if this is super noteworthy, but I'm finally free from my college student debt at 28!!! Super happy to start earning for myself now :D
I’ll pile on here and say awesome job! We had a couple small ones that we were sending a few hundred bucks each month for several years. We did a relo after several years overseas and realized we really should just write the check and be done. I don’t even remember the interest rate or amount, but I remember it feeling good to not have to deal with it.
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

We hit a second comma in our taxable equity account (100% VTSAX). The acceleration caused by not having a mortgage payment has been crazy to look at over the last few years. Of course, I will never take the yearly bonus checks that we sent to mortgage company and calculate what we would have if they had gone to Vanguard instead… sometimes it is great mentally to have a short memory. Sort of like a golfer, learn from the bad shots, but don’t dwell on them.

This big taxable is going to really be helpful as we 'need' to do a lot of Roth conversions starting in about seven years. Having funds to live off and pay taxes will be helpful (duh).
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

rohitiiml wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:50 am Only place in the world I can share this!...
Congratulations to you and your family! :sharebeer

Next goal is £3m :happy
"Ritter, Tod und Teufel"
ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon »

rohitiiml wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:50 am Only place in the world I can share this!

Only 4 years ago I was posting on bogleheads how to time the market as I was sitting on the sidelines for years with cash and wiser heads advised me to stop trying to outsmart the world. Thanks for all the help!

Happy to post this month that my wife (38) and I(37), living in London, collectively crossed £2m (roughly $2.8m) in household net worth :)

. . . . .

Also helps that we are both employed in full time, have very low maintenance lifestyle in terms of expenses due to humble upbringings (in India), have zero cost hobbies (reading, relaxing/cooking at home) and our daughter goes to a local state school which is well rated (saves about £20,000 per year vs private school in London!).

Thank you once again to this board! Bogleheads have educated me more than my CFA, engineering degree and MBA put together!
Congratulations :D :D
"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein | Wiki article link: Bogleheads® investment philosophy
CommitmentDevice

Post by CommitmentDevice »

My household's net worth grow from $30K to $200K over the past two years.

The biggest driver has been the appreciation of home and portfolio, followed by increasing our savings rate. Switching industries from nonprofit to tech was pivotal.

I'm grateful for what I've learned in this community.

Our next financial goals:
  • Max contributions to retirement accounts
  • Pay off remaining student debt ($75K)
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

CommitmentDevice wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:47 pm My household's net worth grow from $30K to $200K over the past two years.

The biggest driver has been the appreciation of home and portfolio, followed by increasing our savings rate. Switching industries from nonprofit to tech was pivotal.

I'm grateful for what I've learned in this community.

Our next financial goals:
  • Max contributions to retirement accounts
  • Pay off remaining student debt ($75K)
That’s excellent!

You’ll feel like a huge burden is lifted from you when those student loans go away. Post back when they’re paid off.

Congratulations!
Retired life insurance company financial executive who sincerely believes that ”It’s a GREAT day to be alive!”
JS-Elcano

Post by JS-Elcano »

My net worth reached 1 million today just a few months shy of my 50th birthday :D

Not in my wildest dreams did I ever think this would be possible. Until I made a plan. Now I am targeting 2 million by the time I retire (early).

I am single and can't share reaching this milestone with anyone, so I am excited to post it here with the people who have helped me (thank you everyone on this board!!) and can appreciate this accomplishment :beer

A little bit about my bumpy journey:

- started out late, not investing for retirement until my early 30s (being new to this country I had no clue about 401ks, Roths and IRAs, and my income was low, <30k)
- realized I needed to get my act together as I will have no pension and won't have any family or inheritance to support me in old age
- my income has more than quintupled and I have been plowing 65k into retirement accounts in the last 4 years, maxing out RothIRA, 403b, and 457b, and putting money into a VG brokerage account.
- bought a modest home in a MCOL. some would say it's a starter home, but I am making it my forever home :happy

Next goal: Having 1 million in retirement accounts. Current net worth of 1 million includes 290k in home equity.

I splurged on an excellent bottle of wine tonight to celebrate the day :happy
gonefishing01

Post by gonefishing01 »

JS-Elcano wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:54 pm My net worth reached 1 million today just a few months shy of my 50th birthday :D

Not in my wildest dreams did I ever think this would be possible. Until I made a plan. Now I am targeting 2 million by the time I retire (early).

I am single and can't share reaching this milestone with anyone, so I am excited to post it here with the people who have helped me (thank you everyone on this board!!) and can appreciate this accomplishment :beer

- started out late, not investing for retirement until my early 30s (being new to this country I had no clue about 401ks, Roths and IRAs, and my income was low, <30k)
- realized I needed to get my act together as I will have no pension and won't have any family or inheritance to support me in old age
- my income has more than quintupled and I have been plowing 65k into retirement accounts in the last 4 years, maxing out RothIRA, 403b, and 457b, and putting money into a VG brokerage account.
- bought a modest home in a MCOL. some would say it's a starter home, but I am making it my forever home :happy

Next goal: Having 1 million in retirement accounts. Current net worth of 1 million includes 290k in home equity.

Congratulations! That is some awesome savings work. :beer
mtmingus

Post by mtmingus »

JS-Elcano wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:54 pm My net worth reached 1 million today just a few months shy of my 50th birthday :D

Congratulations!
Darth Xanadu

Post by Darth Xanadu »

That's some really great progress, and an awesome accomplishment! Hope you enjoyed the wine, you deserve it.
ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon »

JS-Elcano wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:54 pm . . . . .
. . . . .
Congratulations, that's outstanding :D .
JS-Elcano

Post by JS-Elcano »

gonefishing01 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:02 pm

Congratulations! That is some awesome savings work. :beer
Thank you! I view the 1 million as more of a psychological "milestone" rather than a financial one since 1 million (especially when it includes equity of a home that I have no intention of selling) does not really change my financial situation. But it is a signal that I am on the right path and that allows me to SWAN (which is not to underestimated once one approaches 50 :mrgreen: )
JS-Elcano

Post by JS-Elcano »

mtmingus wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:38 am

Congratulations!
Thank you :sharebeer
JS-Elcano

Post by JS-Elcano »

Darth Xanadu wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:05 am

That's some really great progress, and an awesome accomplishment! Hope you enjoyed the wine, you deserve it.
Oh, yes, the wine was excellent - old world, an homage to my roots on the other side of the Atlantic, where I learned the balance between being frugal (minimalist) and living life to its fullest.

This board has taken the guess work, insecurity and anxiety out of my investing decisions. Simply knowing how to calculate a best guess for what I need when and for how long made my financial journey possible. Before I found this board I just saved, not knowing toward what end and never knew how I was doing. The knowledge I gained here has made me much more relaxed about my financial future since I know what work needs to be done.
luminous

Post by luminous »

JS-Elcano wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:03 pm Oh, yes, the wine was excellent - old world, an homage to my roots on the other side of the Atlantic, where I learned the balance between being frugal (minimalist) and living life to its fullest.

This board has taken the guess work, insecurity and anxiety out of my investing decisions. Simply knowing how to calculate a best guess for what I need when and for how long made my financial journey possible. Before I found this board I just saved, not knowing toward what end and never knew how I was doing. The knowledge I gained here has made me much more relaxed about my financial future since I know what work needs to be done.
Same here. This board is a gift.
67/12/21 US stock/international stock/bonds. Bonds capped at 10x annual spending. Semi-retired as of 2022.
PhillyPhan

Post by PhillyPhan »

Is 1.25 Million NW a milestone?

We just crossed this amount so why not post about it right?

Up 225k since Jan 1st 2021.
Approaching 1.1 million invested.
Normchad

Post by Normchad »

PhillyPhan wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:06 pm Is 1.25 Million NW a milestone?

Heck yes it’s a milestone! Congratulations!
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

Yes, I think that definitely qualifies as an important milestone.

Congratulations, and keep saving and investing!
JS-Elcano

Post by JS-Elcano »

Absolutely it is. Congratulations!
BogleRocksDB

Post by BogleRocksDB »

Hello everyone,

First time post. 41 with two pretty awesome kids and an amazing spouse. Grew up financially insecure, including lacking housing and food security at times. Best two things I read were the Bogleheads guide to saving and the Bogleheads wiki w/r/t financial planning. And I have read a lot of books.

I was doing some semi-annual financial planning and realized I hit over $2,150,000 in invested assets. I told my spouse but that's pretty much it. To give a flavor of how heated this market is, my initial future value planning from 2017 showed an expected value about 1.9m by the end of this year.

I basically follow a three fund portfolio, with 70 percent equity (split again 70 pc US, 30 pc ex US) and 30 intermediate bond or similar (like some Bogleheads for a period of time I had access to the ever amazing G fund at the government). I tilt to US over foreign because I believe in a premium to the US for strong rule of law for equity owners that you just don't get outside the US (putting politics aside, really).

No inherited money; finished college at a state school in 3 years, then went to the best grad school that gave me the most money. Paid my own way and started the end of Freshmen year with a negative net worth.

I have always lived below my means. I live in a VHCOL area, and drive a 10 year old 5 passenger SUV with over a 100,000. Our second car mostly sits in the driveway and is somewhat newer. Only 'windfall' was when I purchased a great apartment when everyone was full of fear in 2009. We rented it out for a while and then just sold it for my best return ever because our kids were young and cash flow was a bit tight. I don't regret the decision but it would have been a cool city pad when I was retired. We split the proceeds between investing and mortgage pay down, choosing basically not to make a choice (yes I would have made more money investing all). On paper lost lots of money in COVID and didn't sell a dime/bought under my investment plan.

Planning a splurge on a fancy electric vehicle (maybe) within the next 3-24 months. One trick will be how much to open up the purse strings. Don't get me wrong, we live plenty fancy and are willing to spend on experiences within reason.

Thank you all for your collective wisdom - the rebalancing spreadsheet makes my financial thinking take up about 20 minutes a year, when I rebalance at year end. Sometimes I get itchy at mid year end and check, which led to me recognizing this milestone.
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

BogleRocksDB wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:37 am Hello everyone,

First time post. 41 with two pretty awesome kids and an amazing spouse. Grew up financially insecure, including lacking housing and food security at times. Best two things I read were the Bogleheads guide to saving and the Bogleheads wiki w/r/t financial planning. And I have read a lot of books.

I was doing some semi-annual financial planning and realized I hit over $2,150,000 in invested assets. I told my spouse but that's pretty much it. To give a flavor of how heated this market is, my initial future value planning from 2017 showed an expected value about 1.9m by the end of this year.

I basically follow a three fund portfolio, with 70 percent equity (split again 70 pc US, 30 pc ex US) and 30 intermediate bond or similar (like some Bogleheads for a period of time I had access to the ever amazing G fund at the government). I tilt to US over foreign because I believe in a premium to the US for strong rule of law for equity owners that you just don't get outside the US (putting politics aside, really).

No inherited money; finished college at a state school in 3 years, then went to the best grad school that gave me the most money. Paid my own way and started the end of Freshmen year with a negative net worth.

I have always lived below my means. I live in a VHCOL area, and drive a 10 year old 5 passenger SUV with over a 100,000. Our second car mostly sits in the driveway and is somewhat newer. Only 'windfall' was when I purchased a great apartment when everyone was full of fear in 2009. We rented it out for a while and then just sold it for my best return ever because our kids were young and cash flow was a bit tight. I don't regret the decision but it would have been a cool city pad when I was retired. We split the proceeds between investing and mortgage pay down, choosing basically not to make a choice (yes I would have made more money investing all). On paper lost lots of money in COVID and didn't sell a dime/bought under my investment plan.

Planning a splurge on a fancy electric vehicle (maybe) within the next 3-24 months. One trick will be how much to open up the purse strings. Don't get me wrong, we live plenty fancy and are willing to spend on experiences within reason.

Thank you all for your collective wisdom - the rebalancing spreadsheet makes my financial thinking take up about 20 minutes a year, when I rebalance at year end. Sometimes I get itchy at mid year end and check, which led to me recognizing this milestone.
Welcome to the Forum!

What an awesome first post! You’re doing everything right. You’ve figured out that the road to financial success is living below your means, and then having an investment plan and sticking to it.

Congratulations! You’re doing great.
ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon »

Welcome to the forum :D .

BogleRocksDB wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:37 am Hello everyone,

I was doing some semi-annual financial planning and realized I hit over $2,150,000 in invested assets. . . .

. . . . . .

I have always lived below my means. I live in a VHCOL area, and drive a 10 year old 5 passenger SUV with over a 100,000. Our second car mostly sits in the driveway and is somewhat newer. . . .
. . . . .
Congratulations. That's quite an accomplishment.
DestroyingAngel

Post by DestroyingAngel »

My Wife and I just crossed the $700,000 mark today. I’m 44 years old.
Three years ago (2018) my savings looked like this:
110,000 in my 401K
30,000 in my vanguard Taxable Brokerage
5,500 in my Roth IRA
5,500 in my Wife’s Roth IRA

Two things happened. First, I started a new career in software sales. Second, I found Bogleheads and became obsessed with investing.
Today my savings look like this:
296,000 in my 401K
333,000 in my taxable brokerage
34,500 in my Roth IRA
35,000 in my Wife’s Roth IRA.
15,000 in crypto (shows some of my stupidity)

My house payment is now under $1000 a month, And my basement isn’t finished though I could afford it. I’m very well aware that the last 3 years were likely an earning bonanza that will likely come to an end by the end of this year. I kind of regret saving as much money as I have. I hope it’s worth it, because crossing the threshold is bitter sweet for me. Sweet for meeting a goal, but bitter that I still don’t have the corvette I always wanted, or finished my basement and become such a miser/money hoarder.
Oh well.
Cheers to the Bogleheads, how I’ve tried my best to become one of you. I failed in many Boglehead ways and succeeded in others. I hope to hit 1 million before I turn 46. I think it’s very doable. On to this next goal!
luminous

Post by luminous »

DestroyingAngel wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:26 pm My Wife and I just crossed the $700,000 mark today. I’m 44 years old.
Three years ago (2018) my savings looked like this:
110,000 in my 401K
30,000 in my vanguard Taxable Brokerage
5,500 in my Roth IRA
5,500 in my Wife’s Roth IRA

Two things happened. First, I started a new career in software sales. Second, I found Bogleheads and became obsessed with investing.
Today my savings look like this:
296,000 in my 401K
333,000 in my taxable brokerage
34,500 in my Roth IRA
35,000 in my Wife’s Roth IRA.
15,000 in crypto (shows some of my stupidity)

My house payment is now under $1000 a month, And my basement isn’t finished though I could afford it. I’m very well aware that the last 3 years were likely an earning bonanza that will likely come to an end by the end of this year. I kind of regret saving as much money as I have. I hope it’s worth it, because crossing the threshold is bitter sweet for me. Sweet for meeting a goal, but bitter that I still don’t have the corvette I always wanted, or finished my basement and become such a miser/money hoarder.
Oh well.
Cheers to the Bogleheads, how I’ve tried my best to become one of you. I failed in many Boglehead ways and succeeded in others. I hope to hit 1 million before I turn 46. I think it’s very doable. On to this next goal!
Congratulations! You are financially successful by any measure.
67/12/21 US stock/international stock/bonds. Bonds capped at 10x annual spending. Semi-retired as of 2022.
ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon »

DestroyingAngel wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:26 pm My Wife and I just crossed the $700,000 mark today. I’m 44 years old.

. . . . .
Congratulations on the change :D .
fatcoffeedrinker

Post by fatcoffeedrinker »

Deleted
Last edited by fatcoffeedrinker on Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

fatcoffeedrinker wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:22 pm We just hit $7M net worth today (including paid-off home). Our low on 3/23/20 (COVID bottom) was $4.4M. Scary times for many, but we held on, didn't sell and even rebalanced a little.

Thank you all BHers for all of the great info and advice (and thank you HEDGEFUNDIE for HFEA, which definitely helped in achieving this new milestone!).
Congratulations!

That’s a pretty awesome number.
fatcoffeedrinker

Deleted
Last edited by fatcoffeedrinker on Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
jarjarM

Post by jarjarM »

fatcoffeedrinker wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:22 pm We just hit $7M net worth today (including paid-off home). Our low on 3/23/20 (COVID bottom) was $4.4M. Scary times for many, but we held on, didn't sell and even rebalanced a little.

Thank you all BHers for all of the great info and advice (and thank you HEDGEFUNDIE for HFEA, which definitely helped in achieving this new milestone!).
Congrats, so ready to retire soon? :beer
fatcoffeedrinker

Deleted
chazas

Post by chazas »

$3.7m in financial assets, $4m net worth. Divorce recovery is going fine, retirement tentatively planned for end of 2023.
retire2022

Post by retire2022 »

retire2022 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:11 pm
Marseille07 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:25 pm
Congrats. Gotta grab a new handle, retire2021.
Thanks more confusion to my existing friends here, a good thought though, I had 2022 because I figured at 62 was earliest I was expecting to retire.

I never thought I was going to exit at 60.
Hit 2.6 million today a new milestone, yay!
Marseille07

Post by Marseille07 »

retire2022 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:07 am
Thanks more confusion to my existing friends here, a good thought though, I had 2022 because I figured at 62 was earliest I was expecting to retire.

Congratulations! :sharebeer
Grt2bOutdoors

Post by Grt2bOutdoors »

retire2022 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:07 am

Congratulations! :sharebeer
"One should invest based on their need, ability and willingness to take risk - Larry Swedroe" Asking Portfolio Questions
Green Street

Post by Green Street »

Decided to run the numbers today and realized I joined the two comma club! Can’t really celebrate with others about it… but it is what it is. It’s bitter sweet, a lot of sacrifice went into this journey but I’m ready for the next leg, going to go to dinner with the SO and have something nice! This forum has been invaluable to and I appreciate everyone here!
Searching Through The FiRE
Green Street

Post by Green Street »

Decided to run the numbers today and realized I joined the two comma club! Can’t really celebrate with others about it… but it is what it is. It’s bitter sweet, a lot of sacrifice went into this journey but I’m ready for the next leg, going to go to dinner with the SO and have something nice! This forum has been invaluable to and I appreciate everyone here!
Searching Through The FiRE
ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon »

Green Street wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:11 am Decided to run the numbers today and realized I joined the two comma club! Can’t really celebrate with others about it… but it is what it is. It’s bitter sweet, a lot of sacrifice went into this journey but I’m ready for the next leg, going to go to dinner with the SO and have something nice! This forum has been invaluable to and I appreciate everyone here!
Congratulations on joining the two comma club :D . Enjoy your dinner and night out.
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

Green Street wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:11 am Decided to run the numbers today and realized I joined the two comma club! Can’t really celebrate with others about it… but it is what it is. It’s bitter sweet, a lot of sacrifice went into this journey but I’m ready for the next leg, going to go to dinner with the SO and have something nice! This forum has been invaluable to and I appreciate everyone here!
Very impressive. Congratulations!

Have a nice dinner, and maybe a bottle of wine, to celebrate.
as9

Post by as9 »

as9 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:02 am
as9 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:38 pm Hit 300k NW today (age 35). Far too much of it is home equity, but working on that.
Hit 400k yesterday. Feels good to be making progress.
500k at the close yesterday. That is a nice round number. Can't wait to double it!
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

as9 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:22 am
as9 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:38 pm Hit 300k NW today (age 35). Far too much of it is home equity, but working on that.
500k at the close yesterday. That is a nice round number. Can't wait to double it!
Congrats! The heavy lifting is done, just keep doing what you are doing and you’ll be back to share that doubling before you know it.
fcf18

Post by fcf18 »

as9 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:22 am
Congratulations, you are on a super fast pace to 1M
Krischi

Re: Crossed $250,000 for first time

Post by Krischi »

I tallied up our current assets and noticed that we’ve quietly crossed over into the two-comma club. Some of it is home equity, but much less than a third of the total. Investments and savings have been on a tear. We couldn’t have done it without this forum. :sharebeer

Next goal: be able to work because I want to, not because I have to, in at most 14 years from now.
Krischi wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:23 am We just crossed $250,000 in investments for the first time yesterday. :sharebeer

The contribution of this forum has been invaluable. When I joined in December 2014, we had just $42k in invested assets to our name, and a wife who wasn’t fully on board re the need for retirement planning. Now she is all in, we have made big strides, and we are on a good path. A big thank you to everyone here!
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

Krischi wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:38 pm I tallied up our current assets and noticed that we’ve quietly crossed over into the two-comma club. Some of it is home equity, but much less than a third of the total. Investments and savings have been on a tear. We couldn’t have done it without this forum. :sharebeer

Next goal: be able to work because I want to, not because I have to, in at most 14 years from now.
Krischi wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:23 am We just crossed $250,000 in investments for the first time yesterday. :sharebeer

The contribution of this forum has been invaluable. When I joined in December 2014, we had just $42k in invested assets to our name, and a wife who wasn’t fully on board re the need for retirement planning. Now she is all in, we have made big strides, and we are on a good path. A big thank you to everyone here!
Awesome! That is great progress in the last few years. Keep it up.
dru808

Post by dru808 »

Krischi wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:38 pm I tallied up our current assets and noticed that we’ve quietly crossed over into the two-comma club. Some of it is home equity, but much less than a third of the total. Investments and savings have been on a tear. We couldn’t have done it without this forum. :sharebeer

That was a nice jump, congrats :sharebeer 🎉
1 fund
familythriftmd

Post by familythriftmd »

Back to broke! (assets minus medical school debt) :happy
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

familythriftmd wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:52 am Back to broke! (assets minus medical school debt) :happy
I assume you were negative before? :confused

If so, your move back to "broke" is a positive! Congratulations. And best of luck in paying down your medical school debt (quickly, I hope).