Columbus, Ohio Chapter

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Re: New Columbus, Ohio Chapter

Post by RetiredMarine »

fyi for those who couldn't make it, we had a good turnout (13) at today's meeting considering the snowy weather. Included a brief presentation (from one of our most experienced Bogleheads) & discussion on a Mr. Money Mustache spreadsheet (regarding tax rates), as well as conversation on tax gain harvesting to remain in the zero % tax bracket, and observations regarding “gender roles” noticed involving family money management. We had 8 folks get together before the meeting downstairs in the Carnegie's Cafe for some initial chats, as well as 9 people go to dinner after the meeting as well.

During the meeting, I mentioned that I had been asked by someone outside the group if they could make a presentation on self-directed IRAs (for alternative investments like real estate), and the group indicated a desire to hear the presentation so I'll look to get that on the agenda in a future meeting. Additionally, at dinner some folks expressed a desire to hear about other members specific asset allocations (percentages, not $ amounts and why) and noted their own willingness to share their own asset allocations and rationale - so we'll look to do that in the near-term future as well.
Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

All, Just a reminder about Sunday's (10 March) meeting schedule - first two portions are at the Columbus Main Library, 96 S. Grant Ave., Columbus, OH 43215.

2:00 - Carnegie's Cafe (Library 1st floor)
3:00 - Meeting - Room 3B
5:15 - Dinner @ Pat & Gracie's Restaurant (340 E. Gay St., Columbus - it's a few blocks from the library, w/parking across the street)

As feasible (depending on the number of newcomers/basic questions), the first hour or so of the meeting will be for "basics" while the last hour will be "beyond basics".

If you have any specific subjects you'd like to have discussed and let others know about ahead of time, please reply with them here as desired.

If you plan on going to dinner, please let me know by Thursday (7 March) so I can let the restaurant have a rough count of how many to expect, thanks.

Thanks and see you Sunday.
Btags84

Post by Btags84 »

Girlfriend and I will be at the meeting, but no dinner this time. See you all then.
Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

All, Just a late reminder about Sunday's (14 April) meeting schedule - first two portions are at the Columbus Main Library, 96 S. Grant Ave., Columbus, OH 43215.

3:00 - Meeting - Room 3A (NEW room this month)
5:15 - Dinner @ Pat & Gracie's Restaurant (340 E. Gay St., Columbus - it's a few blocks from the library, w/parking across the street)

As feasible (depending on the number of newcomers/basic questions), the first hour or so of the meeting will be for "basics" while the last hour will be "beyond basics".

If you plan on going to dinner, please let me know so I can let the restaurant have a rough count of how many to expect, thanks.

Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

Please note the room change for this week's meeting - room 3A (not 3B) - this room is bigger (24 vs. 16 capacity), but we could still overrun the room IF everyone on Meetup.com actually shows up (HIGHLY UNLIKELY). See you Sunday.
Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

All,

Our May meeting is being rescheduled from 12 May to 19 May due to Mother's Day. Unfortunately, I waited too long to make the change and our normal meeting location is full in May.

May 19th meeting location: Westland Area Library (4740 W. Broad St., Columbus, Ohio 43228 - in Lincoln Village Plaza Shopping Center)

Meeting will be in the Library Large Meeting Room - go to the left after entering the 1st set of library doors, before entering into the library itself)

2:00 - Library Large Meeting Room (coffee and doughnuts - I'll bring doughnuts, you bring the coffee)
3:00 - Library Large Meeting Room - Regular meeting
5:05 - Dinner: Several choices within a couple hundred yards - please let me know which you prefer before we settle on one - provide your choice/input by next Saturday (4 May), thanks.

W.G. Grinders - Italian sandwiches, salads
Roosters - Wings, etc.
Joseppi's Pizza

Meeting agenda item: For this meeting, there will be an initial brief (15-20min.) on Asset Allocation, and then members who are interested can share their own asset allocations as we discuss and learn from them (no $ amounts involved/requested).

On the Yahoo Group is an asset allocation template for members who wish to provide their asset allocations for discussion. Additionally, on the Yahoo Group I've attached my own asset allocation as a potential discussion starter if necessary.

Please provide your completed asset allocation template on the Yahoo Group by Saturday, 11 May. If necessary, we can continue this discussion into June, etc. depending on the interest level.

If you have any questions/comments, please let me know.

Thanks and see you on Sunday, 19 May.
Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

All, Just a reminder about Sunday's (9 June) meeting schedule - first two portions are at the Columbus Main Library, 96 S. Grant Ave., Columbus, OH 43215.

3:00 - Meeting - Room 3B (Old room this month)

Additionally, as mentioned on the Yahoo Group, we'll do a short (15-20 min.) brief on investment rebalancing during the first hour as well.

If you plan on going to dinner, please let me know - by Thurday, 6 June - so I can let the restaurant have a rough count of how many to expect, thanks.

Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

All,

Reminder about Sunday's (14 July) meeting schedule - first two portions are at the Columbus Main Library, 96 S. Grant Ave., Columbus, OH 43215.

3:00 - Meeting - Room 3A (NEW room this month)

As feasible (depending on the number of newcomers/basic questions), the first hour or so of the meeting will be for "basics" while the last hour will be "beyond basics". No starter brief this month.......unless somebody wants to volunteer to do one - if so please let me know.

If you plan on going to dinner, please let me know - by Thursday, 11 July - so I can let the restaurant have a rough count of how many to expect, thanks.

Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

Reminder about Sunday's (11 Aug) meeting schedule - first two portions are at the Columbus Main Library, 96 S. Grant Ave., Columbus, OH 43215.

3:00 - Meeting - Room 3A (Larger room this month)

If you plan on going to dinner, please let me know - by Thursday, 8 August - so I can let the restaurant have a rough count of how many to expect, thanks.

Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

All,

Reminder about next Sunday's (8 September) meeting schedule - first two portions are at the Columbus Main Library, 96 S. Grant Ave., Columbus, OH 43215.

For the next meeting (or more, depending on the number of newcomers questions), we can discuss the investor basics guide that was developed a few months ago by some of our members and adjust/revise it as applicable (you can view the investor basics guide on our Yahoo group).

If you plan on going to dinner, please let me know - by Thursday, 5 September - so I can let the restaurant have a rough count of how many to expect, thanks.

Thanks and see you next Sunday.
Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

Reminder about Sunday's (8 September) meeting - first two portions are at the Columbus Main Library, 96 S. Grant Ave., Columbus, OH 43215.

For this meeting (and more, depending on the number of newcomers questions), we can discuss the investor basics guide that was developed a few months ago by some of our members and adjust/revise it as applicable (you can view the investor basics guide on our Yahoo Group).

If you plan on going to dinner, please let me know so I can let the restaurant have a rough count of how many to expect, thanks.

Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

All,

Reminder about next Sunday's (13 October) meeting schedule - first two portions are at the Columbus Main Library, 96 S. Grant Ave., Columbus, OH 43215.

For this meeting (and more as necessary) we'll look to discuss the investor basics guide that was developed a few months ago by some of our members and adjust/revise it as applicable. We'll discuss it right after introductions - imagine it'll address at least some newcomer questions in the process.

If you plan on going to dinner, please let me know (by Thursday, 10 October) so I can let the restaurant have a rough count of how many to expect, thanks.

Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

Reminder about today's - 13 October - meeting. Schedule: first two portions are at the Columbus Main Library, 96 S. Grant Ave., Columbus, OH 43215.

See you this afternoon.
Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

All,

Reminder about Sunday's (10 November) meeting schedule - first two portions are at the Columbus Main Library, 96 S. Grant Ave., Columbus, OH 43215.

For this meeting we'll look to continue to discuss the investor basics guide that was developed a few months ago by some of our members and adjust/revise it as applicable. We'll discuss it right after introductions - imagine it'll address at least some newcomer questions in the process.

If you plan on going to dinner, please let me know (by Thursday, 7 November) so I can let the restaurant have a rough count of how many to expect, thanks.

Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

All,

Reminder about next Sunday's (8 December) meeting schedule - first two portions are at the Columbus Main Library, 96 S. Grant Ave., Columbus, OH 43215.

For this meeting, there's no presentation item planned (unless someone wants to cover one - if so please let me know ASAP) so we'll plan on just the normal open forum discussion/Q&A after the introductions.

Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

Reminder about tomorrow's meeting - 8 December - details above.
Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

Since Yahoo Groups functionality is going away, I created a new Google Group titled Columbus Bogleheads for folks to join. Using the Yahoo Group email list, I invited old members to the new group. Anyone new wanting to join may also request to do so.
GoldPressedLatinum

Post by GoldPressedLatinum »

Can you post a link to the Google group?
Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

Here's the Google Groups link to Columbus Bogleheads as requested.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum ... bogleheads
Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

Reminder about next Sunday's (12 January) meeting schedule - first two portions are at the Columbus Main Library, 96 S. Grant Ave., Columbus, OH 43215.

**3:00 - Meeting - Room 3B** - old room this month

Note the room change this month.

Please let me know by 9 Jan. (Thurs.) if you plan on going to dinner so I can give the restaurant a rough count.

Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

Reminder about next Sunday's (9 February) meeting schedule - first two portions are at the Columbus Main Library, 96 S. Grant Ave., Columbus, OH 43215.

3:00 - Meeting - Room 3A** - larger room

Note the room change this month - back to the larger room - could still be standing room only if attendance is like last month (except this time we can't borrow extra chairs - I got a nastygram from the library about doing that last time). In a couple of months the library is opening a new larger meeting room that we may be able to use if we need to - assuming we can reserve it in time since they're all first-come first-served.

Also, we'll start the meeting with a few slides summarizing the recent SECURE act (Setting Every Community Up For Retirement Enhancement) signed into law.

Additionally, as a heads-up our meeting in April will be on the first Sunday (5 April) due to the 2d Sunday being Easter and the library is closed.

Here's the Google Groups link to Columbus Bogleheads for those who want to view additional resources or have an additional method to track group communications.

Please let me know by 6. Feb. (Thurs.) if you plan on going to dinner so I can give the restaurant a rough count.

Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

Hello,

Vanguard compiled a list of of financial resources from input given by members of the Vanguard Steering Community - a group of Vanguard members who are routinely asked to participate in various surveys/discussions that reportedly help to improve Vanguard products and services.

The list is categorized by TV/radio shows, publications, SubReddits, YouTube Channels, webinars, websites/blogs, podcasts, books, and authors/personalities. It doesn't provide a description of each but does include ALOT of resources to check-out over time.

If you're a Columbus Boglehead and haven't done so already, please join the Google Group link https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum to review the list which is posted there.

See you at our meeting on Sunday.
Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

Reminder about next Sunday's (8 March) meeting schedule - first two portions are at the Columbus Main Library, 96 S. Grant Ave., Columbus, OH 43215.

3:00 - Meeting - Room 3A** - larger room

** Room note - could still be standing room only depending on attendance. Next month the library is opening a new larger meeting room that we may be able to use - assuming we can reserve it in time since they're all first-come first-served.

Additionally, as a heads-up our meeting in April will be on the first Sunday (5 April) due to the 2d Sunday being Easter and the library is closed.

Here's the Google Groups link to Columbus Bogleheads for those who want to view additional resources and/or have an additional method for group communications.

Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

All,

The Columbus Library is closed through at least 6 April, so we'll cancel our next meeting on 5 April. Hopefully, our 10 May meeting will be ok. Take care everyone and see you all soon.
Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

Hello,

We're going to try out an ONLINE meeting at the same day and time of our next meeting - 3-5pm, April 5th (Sunday).

I will put the Zoom meeting link on our Columbus Bogleheads Google Group (referenced in an earlier post on this thread) for you to access at the meeting time. The link will also be on the Columbus Investing & Personal Finance Meetup group on Meetup.com.

If you're going to attend, recommend you start the meeting join process a few minutes early in case you need to download the Zoom app/software. Also, during the meeting PLEASE keep your microphone MUTED unless you're talking - to reduce background noise.

Not sure yet if we'll have a specific topic or just try our normal open-forum Q&A format - if you have a specific topic recommendation, please let me know.

Thanks and we'll see how this goes - looking forward to the "experiment". See you on 5 April.
onmyway33

Post by onmyway33 »

Columbus Bogleheads chapter,

Greetings from your northerly chapter neighbor. I am the chapter coordinator for the North East Ohio Bogleheads (Cleveland/Akron area) chapter. We are also doing our best to comply with Ohio's sheltering in place directives.

May I ask if this Zoom invitation could be shared with any of your fellow Buckeye-state residents from Cleveland? I promise we won't share it with anyone from [*]ichigan (just kidding).

Thank you, be well, and go Bucks....
"When the market's going up, we think it's going to go up forever. When the market goes down, we think it's going to go down forever. Neither of those things actually happen" - John C. Bogle
Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

onmyway33,

Certainly, I'll PM you the Zoom link for you to share with your members.

Zoom accommodates 100 people (with the plan I have) - how many folks do you normally have attend your meetings? We've probably averaged around 20-25 the last 6 months or so (we meet monthly).

I've had a couple of people submit potential topics - the market, tax-loss harvesting/rebalancing, marginal tax rates, etc. - normally our meetings our just open-forum Q&A discussion, but sometimes we start with a specific topic that occasionally includes a short presentation. Not sure we'll get through even the topics I just mentioned as they can all be 2 hour+ topics by themselves practically, but we'll see.

Go BUCKS!!
onmyway33

Post by onmyway33 »

RetiredMarine and Columbus group,

Our meetings are very similar in size and format to yours, with open forum meetings, and some prompted by a presentation on a relevant financial topic. We meet every other month and have a wide range of members, from those early in their careers and starting their journey with aspirations of FIRE, to those enjoying the fruits of their labors in retirement. I will share the info with my group but am sure we will be well under the zoom limits.

Thank you, again, and I look forward to connecting with your group. Ironic how social distancing can bring people together :beer
"When the market's going up, we think it's going to go up forever. When the market goes down, we think it's going to go down forever. Neither of those things actually happen" - John C. Bogle
Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

Hello,

I changed the start time of next Sunday's meeting to 2:30 (from 3:00) to accommodate additional time for introductions/administrative stuff since this is our first online meeting.

More time is also needed for introductions because members from the North East Ohio Bogleheads (Cleveland) will be joining us. More info. will be coming in the next few days on potential topics/tech tips for using Zoom.
Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

Hello,

Just a few items regarding our online meeting this Sunday (5 Apr) at 2:30.

Topic input includes the market, rebalancing, tax-loss harvesting, stimulus legislation & marginal tax rates.

Not sure we’ll have time to fully cover all these, but after the initial starter slides (as applicable for any new members) and introductions we’ll start with the market and go from there.

Here’s a couple of links to review before the meeting regarding some of the topic input:

https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/bear- ... ld-you-do/
(Things to do and not to do during a bear market)

https://www.kitces.com/blog/analyzing-t ... -pandemic/
(Summary of the CARES Act – stimulus legislation)

Since we’ll be doing the meeting on Zoom, here’s a few Zoom tips and a link covering basic meeting attendee controls:

Keep yourself muted when you’re not talking – to reduce background noise, especially if we have 40-50+ people on the line.

Get on the video call a few minutes early to ensure your video/audio are working and to familiarize yourself with the controls as necessary. (download the app/desktop client software as needed first – or use the Zoom web portal)

Main non-verbal feedback features include: Raising your hand & thumbs up/down

Chat feature also exists (for asking questions) – chat can be to all participants or 1 to 1. Following is the link for meeting attendee controls:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articl ... -a-Meeting
During the meeting, please plan to ask questions or make comments via the chat or “hand-raising” feature.

See you all on Sunday. Take care and stay healthy.
Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

Columbus Bogleheads,

Reminder, if you want to join our online meeting this Sunday, you need to join our Google Group (or the Columbus Investing & Personal Finance group at Meetup.com) at the link below to get the Zoom link.

Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

All,

First, it was good to have a meeting yesterday, even if it was just on-line, to get together and talk (investing/personal finance). I also want to apologize for screwing up the password thing – Zoom made some changes this past Friday that I failed to take note of. In the future, any on-line meetings will involve both a link and a password which I’ll publish together.

Although it was good to have an on-line meeting yesterday, I think we could improve it significantly with a few tweaks. First, I think it’s VERY important for everyone to have both their audio AND VIDEO enabled/on. There’s A LOT to be said for seeing each other and the non-verbal communications that are still an important part of any group/meeting (i.e. facial expressions, body/hand and arms gestures and movements, and even eye contact). (I understand there may always be exceptions to the video – for example I knew one member attended but was sick and coughing a lot/hard to talk so they just stayed in the background)

Also, since this is a group endeavor, it would be great if every member made an effort to be involved during a meeting – even just a simple comment/quick question – so that everyone feels part of the group. Obviously, that doesn’t just happen, folks have to work at it – recognizing that there’ll always be people who know and/or talk more than others. And, I’ll do more in future meetings to prompt some of the quieter folks to share their thoughts – I think we’re all still learning and growing when it comes to managing money.

Lastly, to speed up the introductory portion of the meeting – especially since most members aren’t new and have been to at least a couple of meetings – at most we’ll only have any brand-new folks introduce themselves briefly before we start – or we may have them do so in their first comments on a subject.

As previously mentioned, we’ll assume the May meeting (2d Sunday – 10 May) will be canceled at the library and in a week or so I’ll put out the info. for the on-line meeting that afternoon.

We will start the next meeting by continuing to go over the investing decumulation basics document that we started during the last portion of yesterday’s meeting. I’ll put the draft document out on the Columbus Bogleheads Google Group for folks to review before the next meeting so that that you’re ready to provide better input at the meeting.

If anyone has any response/feedback to anything I mentioned or any suggestions for meeting improvements, please let me know – it’s OUR group (I just help to organize it).

Take care everyone and stay healthy/safe.
P.S. Yesterday’s lack of visual/communication dynamics are one of the main reasons I’m leery about adding an on-line option to our regular face to face meetings.
Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

Hello,

As the library is currently closed through May, we'll have our next meeting ONLINE - at 3:00-5:00pm on Sunday, 10 May.

I will put the Zoom meeting link (and password) on our Columbus Bogleheads Google Group (link below). The link will also be on the Columbus Investing & Personal Finance Meetup group on Meetup.com.

For this meeting, we have two topics. First, one of our members, AJ, (a medical doctor) has offered to provide a presentation on reducing out of pocket medical costs – a timely topic given the significance of health care costs (not to mention the current public health crisis).

Second, after AJ’s brief/Q&A, we’ll continue to go through and adjust/revise the draft investing basics guide for decumulation (i.e. retiree phase). The draft decumulation guide will be posted on our Columbus Bogleheads Google Group. Please review it and the embedded links ahead of the meeting so that you’re better able to provide input. As a reminder, you can join the Bogleheads Google Group via the following link:
Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

Hello,

Just a reminder about our online meeting this Sunday (10 May) from 3:00-5:00pm.

The Zoom meeting link (and password) is on our Columbus Bogleheads Google Group (link below). The Zoom link is also on the Columbus Investing & Personal Finance Meetup group on Meetup.com.

For this meeting, we have two topics. First, one of our members, AJ, (a medical doctor) will provide a presentation on reducing out of pocket medical costs – a timely topic given the significance of health care costs.

Second, after AJ’s brief/Q&A, we’ll continue to go through and adjust/revise the draft investing basics guide for decumulation (i.e. retiree phase). The draft decumulation guide is on our Columbus Bogleheads Google Group. Please review it and the embedded links ahead of the meeting so that you’re better able to provide input.

As a reminder, you can join the Bogleheads Google Group via the following link:

Also, as previously mentioned, it's important for everyone to have both their audio AND VIDEO enabled/on. Actually seeing each other and non-verbal communications are still an important part of meeting. Thanks in advance and see you Sunday.
NovisInvestor

Post by NovisInvestor »

Is this Chapter still active? I tried to subscribe and got an email that the yahoo group does not exist.
Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

NovisInvestor,

Yes, the chapter is still active, the post right before yours gives the Columbus Bogleheads Google Group link to join the group. The Yahoo Group was discontinued because Yahoo terminated a lot of the group functions - and that was also made known in an earlier post. Thanks.
Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

Hello,
Just a reminder about our online meeting this Sunday (14 June) from 3:00-5:00pm.

The Zoom meeting link (and password) is on our Columbus Bogleheads Google Group (link below). The Zoom link is also on the Columbus Investing & Personal Finance Meetup group on Meetup.com.

For this meeting, we currently don't have a set agenda - just our normal informal discussions. Having said that if there's something you know you want to talk about/bring up, please reply and let us know the subject ahead of time. Additionally, if folks have questions about the Personal Finance Basics guide that was recently posted on the Google Group we can talk about those.

Also, PLEASE enable your video during the meeting - actually seeing each other and non-verbal communications are still an important part of meeting. Thanks in advance and see you Sunday.

Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

Hello,
Just a reminder about our online meeting next Sunday (12 July) from 3:00-5:00pm.

The Zoom meeting ID and password will be on our Columbus Bogleheads Google Group (link below). The Zoom link is also on the Columbus Investing & Personal Finance Meetup group on Meetup.com.

For this meeting, we currently don't have a set agenda - just our normal informal discussions. Having said that if there's something you know you want to talk about/bring up, please reply and let us know the subject ahead of time.

Also, PLEASE enable your video during the meeting - actually seeing each other and non-verbal communications are still an important part of meeting. Thanks in advance and see you next Sunday.

Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

Just a reminder about our online meeting today (12 July) at 3-5pm. Details in the previous post.
Emily.Williams

Post by Emily.Williams »

Hi all, nice to meet you! A member of this group and colleague of mine, Rob Berger, invited me to join. I've never participated in something like this and am excited to learn! Is there a zoom invite or something like it I could get for the August 2020 meeting? Thanks!
Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

Emily,

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. In the next post, I'll put out the information about how to join our August meeting. Hope to see you there.
Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

Hello,
Just a reminder about our online meeting next Sunday (9 August) from 3:00-5:00pm.

The Zoom meeting ID and password will be on our Columbus Bogleheads Google Group (link below). The Zoom info. is also on the Columbus Investing & Personal Finance Meetup group on Meetup.com. Reminder, all you need is the meeting ID and password (no link required) and then you can just go to Zoom.us and click the "Join a Meeting" link at the top of the page and input the ID & password when prompted.

For this meeting, a couple of topics mentioned at the end of the last meeting include: 1) ETFs vs. Mutual Funds, and 2) discuss good investing/personal finance podcasts, blogs, websites etc. Please be prepared to give your own favorite investing/personal finance podcasts, blogs, websites, etc. and tell us why..........and we'll likely show an old list we developed a couple of years ago which may still have some good resources.

Also, PLEASE enable your video during the meeting - actually seeing each other and non-verbal communications are still an important part of meeting. Thanks in advance and see you next Sunday.

Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

Reminder about tomorrow's Zoom meeting (Sunday, 9 August). Further details in previous post.

Also, will post some starter slides regarding ETFs vs. Index Funds for our discussion on the Columbus Bogleheads Google Group. See you tomorrow.
Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

Hello,
Just a reminder about our online meeting coming up on Sunday, 13 September from 3:00-5:00pm.

The Zoom meeting ID and password will be on our Columbus Bogleheads Google Group (link below). The Zoom info. is also on the Columbus Investing & Personal Finance Meetup group on Meetup.com. Reminder, all you need is the meeting ID and password (no link required) and then you can just go to Zoom.us and click the "Join a Meeting" link at the top of the page and input the ID & password when prompted.

For this meeting, one of our most knowledgeable and experienced members will go over a version of his financial plan, focusing specifically on tax management. He's an early retiree who's been retired several years so it should be very educational for folks of all ages - both those in the accumulation phase as well those already retired. The financial plan that he'll be addressing will be posted on the Google Group for folks to review ahead of time.

Also, PLEASE enable your video during the meeting - actually seeing each other and non-verbal communications are still an important part of meeting. Thanks in advance and see you soon.

Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

Reminder about Sunday's Zoom meeting (13 sept). Further details in previous post.

Also, the financial/tax plan referred to in the previous post has been added to our Google Group.
Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

Hello,

Just a late reminder about our online meeting coming up this Sunday, 11 October from 3:00-5:00pm.

The Zoom meeting ID and password will be on our Columbus Bogleheads Group (link below). The Zoom info. is also on the Columbus Investing & Personal Finance Meetup group on Meetup.com. Reminder, all you need is the meeting ID and password (no link required) and then you can just go to Zoom.us and click the "Join a Meeting" link at the top of the page and input the ID & password when prompted.

So far, the only item on the agenda is some RMD payout rate info. If anyone reads an article on the web that is good for discussion, send to me in advance so that I can forward to everyone as a discussion topic….or if you have another discussion topic, please let me know ahead of time if possible.

Also, PLEASE enable your video during the meeting - actually seeing each other and non-verbal communications are still an important part of meeting.

Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

Hello,

A late reminder about our online meeting tomorrow - Sunday, 8 November from 3:00-5:00pm.

The Zoom meeting ID and password will be on our Columbus Bogleheads Group (link below). The Zoom info. is also on the Columbus Investing & Personal Finance Meetup group on Meetup.com. Reminder, all you need is the meeting ID and password (no link required) and then you can just go to Zoom.us and click the "Join a Meeting" link at the top of the page and input the ID & password when prompted.

No specific agenda items so far, but if you have any discussion topics, please comment here.

Also, PLEASE enable your video during the meeting - actually seeing each other and non-verbal communications are still an important part of meeting.

Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

Hello,

A reminder about our ONLINE meeting next Sunday, 13 December from 3:00-5:00pm.

No specific agenda items so far, but if you have any discussion topics, please comment here.

Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

All,

Just a reminder about our ONLINE meeting tomorrow - Sunday, 13 December from 3:00-5:00pm.

At least a couple of agenda items were submitted so far - dealing with Restricted Stock Units (RSU) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans (ESPP), and the large weighting of 5 mega companies in the Total Stock Market Index Fund and potential "mitigation" strategies.

Topic Author
RetiredMarine

Post by RetiredMarine »

All,

Just a reminder about our ONLINE meeting Sunday, 10 January from 3:00-5:00pm.

Also, PLEASE enable your video during the meeting.