Suggestions for the Wiki

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions for the Wiki

Post by LadyGeek »

No problem. There was one extra line after footnoe #7, which is fixed. The rest is identical to the published chart.

See: IRA rollovers and transfers

Update: Another wiki has corrected the footnotes after my original edit.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
crit

Post by crit »

Hi. Apologies for not searching whether this suggestion has been made here in advance, but I'm on mobile.

In the Backdoor Roth page, I think it would be worthwhile to post a suggestion. To report a full backdoor in Turbo Tax (at least, and possibly other software), it is often helpful to skip the suggested order of entry, which is income first, and IRAs later. Instead, use the index of topics to report the contribution to traditional IRA first. Then go back to the income section to enter the 1099R that reports the distribution, aka conversion, to Roth.

In my (and it seems, several others') experience, TurboTax gets confused if you report the income (1099R) component first.
Max125

Post by Max125 »

Hi,

on the page „Bogleheads® investment philosophy“ in the paragraph „Diversify“ it’s said that „If there were no fees, then every year, half of all actively managed funds would outperform the index (because the index is the average).“

This is only true for the median. Because average mostly means arithmetic mean (at least in Germany. So please correct me if I’m wrong) that’s false.

An oversimplified example for clarification:
If two funds are at 8 and four funds are at 2 the average is 4, yet only two are above and 4 are under the average.

This short sentence should probably be removed or clarified.
ShortStop

Post by ShortStop »

On the FTSE Developed Asia Pacific All Cap Index Wiki page the FTSE Pacific ETF is listed as VXUS twice. It should be VPL.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Yes, it should be VPL. Thanks!

The wiki has been updated: FTSE Developed Asia Pacific All Cap Index
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Max125 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:32 am Hi,

on the page „Bogleheads® investment philosophy“ in the paragraph „Diversify“ it’s said that „If there were no fees, then every year, half of all actively managed funds would outperform the index (because the index is the average).“

This is only true for the median. Because average mostly means arithmetic mean (at least in Germany. So please correct me if I’m wrong) that’s false.

An oversimplified example for clarification:
If two funds are at 8 and four funds are at 2 the average is 4, yet only two are above and 4 are under the average.

This short sentence should probably be removed or clarified.
Welcome! Thanks for the correction, the wiki has been revised: Bogleheads® investment philosophy - Bogleheads (Diversify)

The wiki is a collaborative effort. The View history tab (top-right corner) shows the editing activity.

Changes can be seen by selecting two revisions, then "Compare selected revisions". Your suggestion has been implemented here.
davidski

Wiki - Correcting Dead Link

Post by davidski »

I'm a relatively recent lurker and hence don't have PM permissions to request Wiki edit rights.

The wiki entry for Reverse Mortgages has a dead link to Washington state's deferred tax program for seniors. The correct link should be - https://dor.wa.gov/content/property-tax ... ed-persons.

If someone with edit permissions could make this change, that would be terrific. Thanks!

-David
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Welcome! I moved your post into relevant thread.

Thanks, the link has been fixed. See: Reverse mortgages
indexlover

Post by indexlover »

Hello admins,
Do you think a link to the excerpts from Mr. Bogle''s Princeton thesis can be posted in the wiki's.
https://www.etf.com/docs/magazine/2/2012_201.pdf

Page 10 has the excerpts.
“If a statue is ever erected to honor the person who has done the most for American investors, the hands-down choice should be Jack Bogle.” - Mr. Buffett - Berkshire Hathaway ’s 2016 annual report.
Topic Author
Barry Barnitz
Wiki Admin

Post by Barry Barnitz »

indexlover wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:01 pm Hello admins,
Do you think a link to the excerpts from Mr. Bogle''s Princeton thesis can be posted in the wiki's.
https://www.etf.com/docs/magazine/2/2012_201.pdf

Page 10 has the excerpts.
Here is a direct link to the excerpts: The Economic Role Of The Investment Company, February 28, 2012, ETF.com.

regards,
Additional administrative tasks: Financial Page bogleheads.org. blog; finiki the Canadian wiki; The Bogle Center for Financial Literacy site; La Guía Bogleheads® España site.
Angst

Post by Angst »

Hope this works... I'm pasting below a PM I sent to user "tfb" who once in the past was a wiki editor - my mistake - but no longer is. Maybe someone else can update this broken link I identified? Thank you in advance!

tfb wrote:Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:15 pm
Angst wrote:Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:05 am Hi Tfb,

I'm not a Wiki editor but I see that you first created the Wiki page: "Treasury Inflation Protected Security" and I have identified a dead link in it and have a new link to replace it with. In this Wiki page's Bibliography section, the pdf link (below) is no longer active:

Campbell, John Y. , Shiller, Robert J. , and Viceira, Luis M., Understanding Inflation-Indexed Bond Markets

I have a current link for it though:
https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/up ... mpbell.pdf

This is an excellent paper and I'm hoping you can update the Wiki link for it.

I just posted in a current thread and while linking in it to this paper I discovered that the old Wiki link was dead. Thank you for your help!

Angie
Hi Angie,

Thank you for telling me about it. Unfortunately I no longer have wiki editing privilege. The Wiki admins must have re-done the wiki users setup. My user name now shows up as not found.

https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/User:Tfb

[Personal info removed by admin LadyGeek]
FiveK

Post by FiveK »

Angst wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:23 pm Hope this works... I'm pasting below a PM I sent to user "tfb" who once in the past was a wiki editor - my mistake - but no longer is. Maybe someone else can update this broken link I identified? Thank you in advance!
Done - thanks for doing the hard part of finding a working link!
Angst

Post by Angst »

FiveK wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:58 pm
Angst wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:23 pm Hope this works... I'm pasting below a PM I sent to user "tfb" who once in the past was a wiki editor - my mistake - but no longer is. Maybe someone else can update this broken link I identified? Thank you in advance!
Done - thanks for doing the hard part of finding a working link!
:sharebeer
Thanks FIveK!
Spirit Rider

Post by Spirit Rider »

I suggest the following updates and important additions/modifications to the Wiki.

With the increasing number of forum members discussing the use of custom one-participant 401k plans. It has become apparent that the vast majority of them are not aware of the 415(c)(1)(B) 100% of compensation limit. This is especially true of its effect on the maximum employee after-tax contribution limit for self-employed individuals who are also making employer contributions.

I have provided the relevant references so you can verify the accuracy of the suggested changes. I feel these changes are critical, because the IRS provides no guidance or content/worksheet in publications and to my knowledge no tax software has addressed this. You could also ask tfb to review it for accuracy.

I'm afraid that a significant percentage of moonlighting forum members with < $68.75K in net self-employment earnings have and/or will make excess annual additions and not even realize it.

After-Tax 401(k) Wiki Page
After-Tax 401(k) limits
Traditional and Roth accounts share an employee deferral limit up to $18,500 per person for 2018 and $19,000 for 2019. However, Section 415(c)(1)(A) limits total contributions to defined contribution plans to $55,000 in 2018[2] and $56,000 in 2019[*]. ADD/MODIFY:Section 415(c)(1)(B) also limits total contributions to 100 percent of the participant’s compensation. The limit for an after-tax 401(k) is the difference between the amount already contributed by the employer and employee, and the lesser of the two Section 415(c)(1) limits. Reference 26 U.S. Code 415(c)

Solo 401(k) plan Wiki Page
Contribution limits
A Solo 401(k) contribution consists of two standard parts, an employee salary deferral contribution and an employer profit sharing contribution and an optional third part; employee after-tax contributions (currently only available from custom plans). The maximum allowable salary deferral contribution is $18,500 in 2018, $19,000 in 2019 (not to exceed 100% of pay and no more than $275,000 of pay for 2018, $280,000 for 2019 can be taken into account).[5] If one is age 50 or older one can make a maximum $6,000 catch up contribution. Depending on how the business is organized, 25% of employee salary or 20% of business earnings can be used for employer contributions. In 2018, the combined employee and employer maximum contribution limit is $55,000; in 2019, it is $56,000. The combined employee and employer maximum contributions are subject to the lesser of 100% of compensation or $55K in 2018 or $56K in 2019. The catch-up contributions do not count towards these limits.[6] Both sSalary deferrals, profit sharing contributions and optionally employee after-tax contributions are discretionary, so contribution levels can be adjusted to the fluctuations of business income.

Solo 401(k) Contribution Calculation - for an S or C corporation or an LLC taxed as a corporation
  • For W-2 shareholder-employees, your compensation is your W-2 box 1 with Box 12 pre-tax contributions added back in.
  • Employee Salary Deferral Contribution: 100% of compensation up to the maximum of $18,500 in 2018 and $19,000 in 2019, or $24,500 in 2018 and $25,000 in 2019 if age 50 or older can be contributed to an Individual 401(k).
  • Employer Profit Sharing Contribution: A profit sharing contribution up to 25% of compensation can be contributed into an Individual 401(k).[5] The maximum employer contribution (not counting employee after-tax contributions) is the lesser of the two annual addition limits - employee deferrals - employee after-tax contributions.
  • Employee after-tax Contribution: 100% of compensation. The maximum employee after-tax contribution is the lesser of the two annual addition limits - employee deferrals - employer contributions.
Solo 401(k) Contribution Calculation - for a sole proprietorship, partnership or an LLC taxed as a sole proprietorship
  • Employee Salary Deferral Contribution: These business organizations do not provide a W-2 salary to the business owner. The employee salary deferral contribution is calculated by taking gross self-employment income and then subtracting business expenses and then subtracting 1/2 of the self-employment tax (this is termed net adjusted business profit). 100% of net adjusted business profits income up to the maximum of $18,500 in 2018 and $19,000 in 2019 (or $24,500 in 2018 and $25,000 in 2019 if age 50 or older) can be contributed as employee salary deferrals into an Individual 401(k).
  • For self-employed individuals, your compensation takes into account both the following items from your business profit. Reference see Publication 560 Retirement Plans for Small Business (SEP, SIMPLE, and Qualified Plans), Chapter 4. Qualified Plans, Deduction Limit for Self-Employed Individuals, top of third column page 15.
    • The deduction for the deductible part of your self-employment tax.
    • The deduction for employer contributions on your behalf to the plan.
  • The above bullet is the reason that the employer 25% of compensation limit is calculated as 20% of net adjusted business profit. It is also (not counting employee after-tax contributions), the reason that that employer contributions are limited to (net adjusted business profit - employee deferral) / 2. Reference see Publication 560 Retirement Plans for Small Business (SEP, SIMPLE, and Qualified Plans), Chapter 5. Table and Worksheets for the Self-Employed, Deduction Worksheet for Self-Employed, Steps 10 - 13, page 22. Or solving for maximum employee deferral = net adjusted business profit - (employer contributions * 2). The reason it is employer contribution * 2, is that this contribution both reduces compensation and the total contribution space available. This is also applicable to the maximum Employee After-tax Contribution below.
  • Employer Profit Sharing Contribution: An employer profit sharing contribution can be made up to 20% of net adjusted businesses profit. Net adjusted business profit is calculated by taking gross self-employment income and then subtracting business expenses and then subtracting 1/2 of the self-employment tax.[5]
  • Employee After-tax Contribution: 100% of net adjusted business profits. Your maximum after-tax contributions are limited to the $55K/$56K limit - employee deferrals - employer contributions and are additionally limited to business profit - 1/2 SE tax - employee deferrals - (employer contributions * 2).
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Thanks! Your changes have been incorporated. How's it look?

- After-tax 401(k)

--What changed: Difference between revisions of "After-tax 401(k)"
-- Prior version: Revision as of 20:32, 11 December 2018

- Solo 401(k) plan

--What changed: Difference between revisions of "Solo 401(k) plan"
-- Prior version:
Revision as of 19:13, 4 November 2018

The wiki is a collaborative effort. The editor(s) who worked on the page are listed in the "View history" tab at the top-right corner of the article. (In this case, Barry Barnitz incorporated the changes, not me.)
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

mhalley has a question which is better addressed as a stand-alone discussion (vs. posting here). See: 401k Wiki suggestion [Rate your 401k expense ratio]
seonwoolee

HSA Page on Wiki is incorrect about Alabama taxation

Post by seonwoolee »

The wiki page for HSAs has outdated information concerning Alabama; as of 2018 it conforms with federal law.

I'd edit the wiki myself but I don't have privileges to do so
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

seonwoolee, Welcome! I moved your post into the discussion which will be seen by the wiki editors.
grabiner
Advisory Board

Re: HSA Page on Wiki is incorrect about Alabama taxation

Post by grabiner »

seonwoolee wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:38 pm The wiki page for HSAs has outdated information concerning Alabama; as of 2018 it conforms with federal law.

I'd edit the wiki myself but I don't have privileges to do so
Thanks; I'll update the wiki. Only CA and NJ now remain.
Wiki David Grabiner
longinvest

Post by longinvest »

I should have read the main Wiki page and discovered the link to this thread, before creating another thread. Anyway, here's my suggestion:

Behavioral Pitfalls: Money Illusion? (Wiki)
longinvest wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:30 am I sometimes refer to the money illusion in my posts. The money illusion is the tendency to think of currency in nominal, rather than real, terms.

I would have intuitively considered this as a behavioral pitfall, yet when I looked into our wiki's Behavioral pitfalls page, I didn't find any behavioral pitfall related to the illusion of nominal currency.

Should the money illusion be added to the list of behavioral pitfalls? What do behavioral pitfall experts think?
Variable Percentage Withdrawal (bogleheads.org/wiki/VPW) | One-Fund Portfolio (bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=287967)
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

If a consensus is needed, it's better to start a new thread. Then, post a link here so the wiki editors will know an update has been requested. (Done in the previous post.)

FYI - If you are already a wiki editor and are willing to update the wiki yourself, there's no need to post here.
dratkinson

Roth IRA for kids.

Post by dratkinson »

I looked but did not find a Wiki page on this topic.

Would it be a good idea to include a "Roth IRA for Kids" page in the Wiki?

I ask because in the current topic "8 year old investing help", viewtopic.php?f=1&t=267082 , a dad describes how he created a Roth IRA for his son: did the research, talked to his CPA, opened "Fidelity Roth IRA for Kids" account.

A later reply identified a website, http://irakids.com , that describes how in ~2007, a grandfather opened a Roth IRA for his 12yo granddaughter using her babysitting income.

I found it most interesting that the IRAKids website includes examples of the tax forms required for a child to document self-employment income. The tax forms are several years old, but still helpful:
See: Paying Taxes: http://irakids.com/index.php?section=ho ... ying_taxes

So we have a dad today, reinvesting a wheel that has existed for several years.

Would think we should be able to ask the IRAKids website for permission to link to them and use them as our initial Wiki page reference. And include that Wiki page among the others offering investing options for children: 529 plan,....

So for futures searchers of the BH forum....

Simple action steps to create, fund, and document a child's Roth IRA: the child, with adult's help,...
--Opens a free, zero-balance savings account at a local B&M credit union.
--Opens a Fidelity Roth IRA for Kids, and links it to CU account.
--Keeps good records of earned income. (From babysitting, mowing the lawn,....)
--Child's earned income goes into their CU savings, and is periodically sent to their Fidelity Roth IRA.
--Completes/files tax forms to document Roth contribution.

If the day should come when the IRAKids website should go away, then we would need to incorporate its advice into the Wiki. But for now, a quick fix to prevent future BH forum searchers from needing to reinvent this wheel, could be to provide a Wiki topic page reference and a link to the IRAKids website.

And recognize the IRAKids website founders for their groundbreaking work.

If you like, I could contact the IRAKids point of contact for permission to link to them as the new Wiki topic's initial resource.
d.r.a., not dr.a. | I'm a novice investor; you are forewarned.
FiveK

Re: Roth IRA for kids.

Post by FiveK »

dratkinson wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:49 pm I looked but did not find a Wiki page on this topic.

If you do, another link could be Where to start a child's Roth IRA with very low income?
jlint3024

Post by jlint3024 »

Please add QCD - Qualified Charitable Distribution - to your list of Abbreviations and Acronyms
Topic Author
Barry Barnitz
Wiki Admin

Post by Barry Barnitz »

jlint3024 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:55 pm Please add QCD - Qualified Charitable Distribution - to your list of Abbreviations and Acronyms
Thanks, the acronym has been added to the list.

regards.
Additional administrative tasks: Financial Page bogleheads.org. blog; finiki the Canadian wiki; The Bogle Center for Financial Literacy site; La Guía Bogleheads® España site.
CollegePrudens

Post by CollegePrudens »

dratkinson wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:49 pm I looked but did not find a Wiki page on this topic.

FiveK wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:31 pm If you do, another link could be Where to start a child's Roth IRA with very low income?
dratkinson, FiveK - any action on creating a "Roth IRA for Kids" page? If not (and I don't see one), I am willing to put one together from the links and threads linked to above. Let me know!
We need to learn to want what we have, not to have what we want, in order to get stable and steady happiness - The 14th Dalai Lama
FiveK

Post by FiveK »

CollegePrudens wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:06 am dratkinson, FiveK - any action on creating a "Roth IRA for Kids" page? If not (and I don't see one), I am willing to put one together from the links and threads linked to above. Let me know!
Have at it - thanks!
dratkinson

Post by dratkinson »

+1. Thanks.
CollegePrudens

Post by CollegePrudens »

dratkinson wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:38 am +1. Thanks.
FiveK wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:30 am Have at it - thanks!
Ok. I am working on a draft page. Will be a few days before I have something for review.
We need to learn to want what we have, not to have what we want, in order to get stable and steady happiness - The 14th Dalai Lama
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

mariezzz is not sure, but there may be a correction needed to: 457(b).

See: 457(b) wiki. I believe some correction is needed.

I don't have the experience to answer her question.
Leonid99

Post by Leonid99 »

The page for https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Wash_sale includes an archive.org page for Fairmark explanation on Wash sales. It can be replaced with an updated live link: https://fairmark.com/investment-taxatio ... gain/wash/
grabiner
Advisory Board

Post by grabiner »

Leonid99 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:09 pm The page for https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Wash_sale includes an archive.org page for Fairmark explanation on Wash sales. It can be replaced with an updated live link: https://fairmark.com/investment-taxatio ... gain/wash/
Updated; thanks.
Wiki David Grabiner
Moneybaron

Post by Moneybaron »

oldcomputerguy

Post by oldcomputerguy »

Moneybaron wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:05 am ETF Guide links are broken, https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Vanguard_US_stock_ETFs.
I can't login to use https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Talk:Va ... stock_ETFs.
Yep, coming up 404. Also, looks like Wikinvest has made some changes on their end that may affect those links.
There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way. (Christopher Morley)
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Moneybaron, Welcome! We restrict wiki editing to Bogleheads forum members. Once you are a member, you can become an editor by sending a private message to request access.

Details are at the bottom of the wiki home page.

Thanks for spotting the error. As oldcomputerguy notes, that page has more than a few problems.

There are four similar pages with those errors.

- Vanguard bond ETFs
- Vanguard US sector ETFs
- Vanguard US stock ETFs
- Vanguard international stock ETFs

Since the last update in 2013, I don't see publicly available links for Wikinvest nor ETFguide.com.
- Wikinvest has moved to SigFig.com
- ETFguide.com has changed their site
- The fund list is 6 years out of date

We'll have to think on the best approach to fix those pages.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Behind the scenes, another wiki editor has provided some suggestions. The links now point to Vanguard, Nasdaq, ETF.com, and Morningstar.com.

- Vanguard bond ETFs
- Vanguard US sector ETFs
- Vanguard US stock ETFs
- Vanguard international stock ETFs

How's it look?
Hydromod

Post by Hydromod »

There is extensive good discussion in the Traditional versus Roth wiki regarding marginal tax rates.

One important factor that is not discussed is the case of marginal tax rates for those married filing jointly once one spouse dies. In this case, the survivor is thrown into filing as single. This topic has been discussed in some of the forum pages, but hasn't made it to the wiki.

It is likely that the survivor will outlive the deceased by more than five years, and there is a substantial probability that the survivor will outlive by a decade or more.

I think it would be worthwhile adding a little discussion of this expected scenario, which can have a substantial impact on taxes when the income stream (e.g., from RMDs) continues at a high level.

Because of this, MFJ folks may want a greater weight towards Roth than singles, all else equal, as a hedge against being tossed into a higher bracket.
FiveK

Post by FiveK »

Hydromod wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:16 pm I think it would be worthwhile adding a little discussion of this expected scenario, which can have a substantial impact on taxes when the income stream (e.g., from RMDs) continues at a high level.
Seems reasonable.

Added "Another risk for MFJ filers is the death of one spouse, leaving the survivor with single filing status and its higher marginal rates" to the "Tax risk" section.
GR8FUL-D

Many of the links to these retirement calculators not working

Post by GR8FUL-D »

Sorry if this is the wrong place / sub-forum to post this, but in case site administrators are unaware, there are quite a few links under CALCULATOR NAME heading that are not working:

https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Retirem ... d_spending
GR8FUL-D

Re: Forum software upgrade bug reports and change requests

Post by GR8FUL-D »

Just an fyi: when I go to the Retirement wiki https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Retirem ... d_spending and click on the names of various retirement calculators, more than a couple of the links did not work.

A few minutes ago I posted this elsewhere on this site but just realized this is where I should have posted it, sorry about that.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

^^^ I moved both of your posts into the right thread, which is for wiki suggestions.

Thanks! Another wiki editor (or myself) will get it fixed.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Sorry for the delay. I fixed the broken links and removed entries that have disappeared entirely (site does not exist).

See: Retirement calculators and spending

Please let me know if anything was missed or is incorrect.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

There is a suggestion to reorganize parts of IRA recharacterization due to the 2017 tax law change which repealed Roth IRA recharacterizations (Ref: Outline of tax law changes - Bogleheads).

I don't have the experience to do this myself and will defer to the experts.

The suggestion is posted in: Trad to Roth IRA
FiveK

Post by FiveK »

^Done. At least, I think so. Didn't leave any comment noting that "recharacterizing a conversion used to be allowed." If that seems worthwhile to anyone, have at it!
davidski

Post by davidski »

Hello,

The links for MA, MN, and WI Medigap plans found at https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Medical ... retirement are broken. The correct links should be https://www.medicare.gov/supplements-ot ... sachusetts (for MA), https://www.medicare.gov/supplements-ot ... -minnesota (for MN), and https://www.medicare.gov/supplements-ot ... -wisconsin (for WI). Thanks for the resource!
funktor

Post by funktor »

There is a typo on https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Target_date_funds

Search the page for "retirment". It is in the Criticisms section :wink:
It's easy to believe in something when you win all the time. The losses are what define a man's faith
Topic Author
Barry Barnitz
Wiki Admin

Post by Barry Barnitz »

funktor wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:18 am There is a typo on https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Target_date_funds

Search the page for "retirment". It is in the Criticisms section :wink:
Thanks, typo corrected.

regard,
dratkinson

Post by dratkinson »

I believe this topic...
"Help understanding Roth for minor": viewtopic.php?p=4737702#p4737702

would make a good References link to add to Wiki topic...
"Accounts for children": https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Accounts_for_children

Why? It discusses the advantage of hiring a child as a W2 vs. 1099 employee.

Suggested title for Wiki reference...
"Helping understanding Roth for minor (W2 vs 1099 employee)"

Edit. Typo.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Thanks! I have added your topic to the wiki: Accounts for children (External links)
Taylor Larimore

Post by Taylor Larimore »

Barry:

nisiprius posted 180 links to Jack Bogle's speeches and op-eds from Mr. Bogle's website (which may soon disappear). I feel that it is very important that these speeches and articles be preserved and I don't know any better place than our Boglehead wiki under the "Bogle" topic.

This is a link to the links:

viewtopic.php?t=288548#p4708621

Best wishes.
Taylor
"Simplicity is the master key to financial success." -- Jack Bogle