Sacramento, CA Area Chapter - Master Thread

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Topic Author
digarei

Sacramento Bogleheads’ 40th Meeting

Post by digarei »

. ...
REMINDER

The next meeting of Sacramento Area Bogleheads is upon us!... Saturday, August 11, 2018 @ 10:30am
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Meeting agenda: see below. ....... After meeting brunch: Ink Eats & Drinks

📶 Diversify, Allocate or Rebalance?

Rekenthaler’s article reviewed by David B.

How to Survive an Inheritance! 🔚🔜

Confessional, Tutorial, Discussion *

* Tutorial: a rapid walkthrough of asset allocation techniques by Greg D.

Please remember to bring your name badge if you have one. Topics outlined above.
Connect with Bogleheads in Northern California! Click the link under my user info/avatar.
Topic Author
digarei

Re: Sacramento, CA Area Chapter - Master Thread

Post by digarei »

. ...
This thread has been updated with information about Sacramento Area Bogleheads' next meeting

in the month of September 2018

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Read the first post for more information. The next public meeting takes place on September 15, 2018.

3R 442x306 7ycmBCP

.. Bruce B. presents...

- Charting the Future by Controlling Cash Flow -
CF 848x730 5vj7z8Q
  • The above depticts an older version of the spreadsheet

Sacramento Area Bogleheads (SABH) local chapter #61 meets every month on Second Saturday in midtown —
except THIS month, when we will meet on the 3rd Saturday!

Connect with Bogleheads in Northern California! Click the link under my user info/avatar.
Topic Author
digarei

not this month ... next month ... S A B H mtg notice

Post by digarei »

sacramento area bogleheads meets on second saturday every month in sacramento
sacramento area bogleheads meets on second saturday except this one sacramento
sacramento area bhs will meet on the third saturday this monthstill in sacramento
september fifteenth leheads meets on second saturday every month in sacramento
sacramento area bogleheads meets one five a saturday every month in sacramento
sacramento area bogleheads to meet the third saturday on fifteenth in sacramento
september area bogleheads meets on third saturday on the fifteenth in sacramento

sacramento area bogleheads meets the third saturday in september on the fifteenth

Topic Author
digarei

Sacramento, CA Area Chapter - Waz Up?

Post by digarei »

Short Notice

We have a meeting coming up... this Saturday, Sept 15

For more informantion, see the last two posts or the text below.

To attend, email the contact info requested on the first post to:

Sacramento.Bogleheads@gmail.com

▫️ ◽️ ◻️

Charting the Future by Controlling Cash Flow

Bruce B. will present an updated version of his ‘Cash Flow’ spreadsheet,
a multi-function tool that documents your assets & liabilities, investments,
asset allocation, savings and budget (income and expenses). Features a one-
page snapshot showing annual cash flow and a twenty-year financial forecast.

This meeting only: scheduled for the 3rd Saturday of the month.

Segment #2 - Charting the Future

Come prepared to discuss 1 or 2 of your financial goals with the group.

▫️ ◽️ ◻️

We always try to make time to answer general investing questions.
Topic Author
digarei

Post by digarei »

This thread has been updated with essential information about Sacramento Area Bogleheads' next meeting on Oct 13.

See the first post to learn about the topic scheduled for Oct 2018. RSVP required.

If you're a member of this forum and reside in Sacramento or the surrounding area you owe it to yourself to check us out.
We're a group of friendly people who enjoy talking about personal finance and investing and you're welcome to join us.

• Send an email with the info requested (in first post) to: Sacramento.Bogleheads@gmail.com

THIS MONTH: Standing on the Shoulders of Giants
Topic Author
digarei

Sacramento Area Bogleheads - Oct 13 2018

Post by digarei »

What does it mean to

Stand on the Shoulders of Giants?
Most people have one or more books or authors that have made an impact on
their thinking but you may wish to share an epiphany that you experienced or talk
about other influences or motivations that helped you reach your present course.

digarei wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:46 pm .
This thread has been updated with essential information about Sacramento Area Bogleheads' next meeting on Oct 13.

See the first post to learn about the topic scheduled for Oct 2018. RSVP required.

If you're a member of this forum and reside in Sacramento or the surrounding area you owe it to yourself to check us out.
We're a group of friendly people who enjoy talking about personal finance and investing and you're welcome to join us.

• Send an email with the info requested (in first post) to: Sacramento.Bogleheads@gmail.com

THIS MONTH: Standing on the Shoulders of Giants

Read the first post to learn more! RSVP required.
Topic Author
digarei

Sacramento Area Bogleheads - Blogs & Podcasts

Post by digarei »

Sacramento Area Bogleheads - Blogs & Podcasts

has been updated with new content.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

See Sacramento Area Bogleheads ~ Blogs and Podcasts

🎙 . Recommended by members of Sacramento Area Bogleheads
Topic Author
digarei

Post by digarei »

This thread has been updated with essential information about Sacramento Area Bogleheads' next meeting on Nov 10.

See the first post to learn about the topics scheduled for Nov 2018. RSVP required.

THIS MONTH: The Millionaire Next Door
Socrates

where does this chapter meet?

Post by Socrates »

I live about 15 miles north of Sacramento.....thanks
“Don't waste your time looking back. You're not going that way.” ― Ragnar Lothbrok.
Topic Author
digarei

Re: where does this chapter meet?

Post by digarei »

Socrates28 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:58 pm I live about 15 miles north of Sacramento.....thanks
We meet in midtown Sacramento. If you’d like to attend our next meeting, please

Send an e-mail to

RSVP soon! must be rcv'd on or before Nov 7

Include the following info:

a. [First Last] Name
b. [Forum] User name
c. E-mail address
d. Cell phone number
e. City

I’ll respond with exact location & chapter overview.
Socrates

Re: Sacramento, CA Area Chapter - Master Thread

Post by Socrates »

what time do you meet as I work until 5:00....many thanks, Todd
“Don't waste your time looking back. You're not going that way.” ― Ragnar Lothbrok.
Topic Author
digarei

Post by digarei »

Socrates28 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:15 pm what time do you meet as I work until 5:00....many thanks, Todd
Hi Todd,

Sacramento Area Bogleheads meet on the Second Saturday of each month, from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM.

We’ve talked about meeting on Tuesday evenings in addition to our second Saturday event but haven’t drawn enough interest to date. I would be open to facilitating such a meeting if at least five other people want to attend.

- Greg
Peter Foley

Post by Peter Foley »

Hi Greg.

I'm on the steering committee of the MN Bogleheads group. I have communicated with someone from your group in the past. We would be happy to share information with you if you are interested.

A few things we are curious about:

You meet monthly. About how many people attend? Do you have set topics for each meeting or do you set the agenda at the beginning of each meeting?

I ask these questions because there are six of us on the MN steering committee and we often serve as plenary session leaders and small group moderators. Our meetings are now only 3 times per year because, quite frankly, we have grown to the point where a meeting is a lot of work and we are getting burned out. Average attendance has been in the 80 to 90 range for the past couple years.

Information as to how other groups are fairing would be helpful to us as we move forward.

Thanks in advance.
Topic Author
digarei

Post by digarei »

Peter Foley wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:32 pm Hi Greg.

I'm on the steering committee of the MN Bogleheads group. I have communicated with someone from your group in the past. We would be happy to share information with you if you are interested.

A few things we are curious about:

You meet monthly. About how many people attend? Do you have set topics for each meeting or do you set the agenda at the beginning of each meeting?

I ask these questions because there are six of us on the MN steering committee and we often serve as plenary session leaders and small group moderators. Our meetings are now only 3 times per year because, quite frankly, we have grown to the point where a meeting is a lot of work and we are getting burned out. Average attendance has been in the 80 to 90 range for the past couple years.

Information as to how other groups are fairing would be helpful to us as we move forward.

Thanks in advance.
I believe we exchanged emails a year or two ago.

Did you read my post to the thread in April that covered this (“Improving Local Chapter Meetings” see link below)?

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=246535&p=3881469#p3880307

We meet more often than Minnapolis but so far have remained a much smaller group, averaging about 15 people each month.

Topics are usually decided a month or two in advance. I will send you a PM
Topic Author
digarei

Sacramento Area Bogleheads - Meeting #43

Post by digarei »

. ...
REMINDER

The next meeting of Sacramento Area Bogleheads is upon us!... Saturday, November 10, 2018 @ 10:30am

Meeting agenda: see below. .......

digarei wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:24 am .
This thread has been updated with essential information about Sacramento Area Bogleheads' next meeting on Nov 10.

See the first post to learn about the topics scheduled for Nov 2018. RSVP required.

THIS MONTH: The Millionaire Next Door
Topic Author
digarei

Sacramento Bogleheads COMING SOON

Post by digarei »

[pic deleted]

Coming Soon: THE FUTURE OF INVESTING - December 8, 2018
Last edited by digarei on Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Topic Author
digarei

Post by digarei »

Small Crystal Ball 302x372 DR0A2Mg
. . . . What Does The Future Hold For You?
Topic Author
digarei

In Five Days

Post by digarei »

• THE FUTURE OF INVESTING

▪️ What are the prospects for your early retirement?

▪️ What trends & economic factors will most impact investors?

5 . D A Y S .

from today the members of Sacramento Area Bogleheads will be meeting in midtown
(see the first post in this thread). We meet to discuss all aspects of personal finance
and investing each month on Second Saturday.

Reservations are now being accepted for this meeting through Dec 5:

December 8, 2018

10:30 am

Topic Author
digarei

Sacramento Area Bogleheads - Meeting #44

Post by digarei »

. ...
REMINDER

The next meeting of Sacramento Area Bogleheads is upon us!... Saturday, December 8, 2018 @ 10:30am

Meeting agenda: see below. .......

digarei wrote: .
This thread has been updated with essential information about Sacramento Area Bogleheads' next meeting on Dec 8.

See the first post to learn about the topics scheduled for Dec 2018. RSVP required.

THIS MONTH: The Future of Investing
Topic Author
digarei

Sacramento meeting announcement

Post by digarei »

OPEN FORUM

Topic suggestions plus questions taken on any investing subject

This thread has been updated with essential information about Sacramento Area Bogleheads' next meeting on Jan 12.

See the first post to learn about the topic scheduled for Jan 2019. No RSVP required.

• For more information, send an email to: Sacramento.Bogleheads@gmail.com

THIS MONTH: OPEN FORUM
Topic Author
digarei

In Three Days

Post by digarei »

• Sacramento Area Bogleheads’ OPEN FORUM

▪️ This is our annual free-style event—all financial subjects: Investor Q & A

▪️ Bring a topic for discussion or just come to listen...

3 . D A Y S .

(see the first post in this thread). We meet to discuss all aspects of personal finance

Send an email to obtain meeting location ~ Sacramento.Bogleheads@gmail.com

No reservations are needed to attend this months’s meeting:

January 12, 2019

Topic Author
digarei

Post by digarei »

This thread has been updated with essential information about Sacramento Area Bogleheads' next meeting on Feb 9.

See the first post to learn about the topics scheduled for Feb 2019. RSVP required.

THIS MONTH: John C. Bogle - In Memorium | Safe Withdrawal Rate
Topic Author
digarei

Sacramento Area Bogleheads - Feb 9 2019

Post by digarei »

Discussion Topic #1

The Legacy of John C. Bogle
Members who had personal interactions with John Bogle over the years will share their stories with the group; and others who knew him from his books or speeches are likewise invited to give their thoughts and impressions.

Read the first post to learn more! RSVP required.
Last edited by digarei on Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Topic Author
digarei

Sacramento ~ February 9

Post by digarei »

S a c r a m e n t o A r e a B o g l e h e a d s
------------------------------------------------------
Sacramento Bogleheads - Local Chapter #61

Attention: SABH Members

If you haven't yet replied to the RSVP request and hope to attend the

Feb 9 meeting this coming Saturday, please do so as soon as possible.

We currently have 25 30 persons confirmed for Saturday's meeting.

Last edited by digarei on Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Topic Author
digarei

Post by digarei »

Reservations are CLOSED for February 9, 2019

We have exceeded the room capacity with the number of RSVPs for our upcoming meeting on February 9. Apologies to those who were unable to confirm before today.

Our next meeting is scheduled on March 9.

Thank you for understanding.

We are in the process of looking for a larger room for future meetings... please check back soon.
Topic Author
digarei

SABH Meeting Summary Feb 9 2019

Post by digarei »

Sacramento Area Bogleheads - Meeting #46

The Legacy of John C. Bogle

Feb 2019 agenda 900x549 dWEn3Ig

. Meeting Summary ... SABH ...February 9, 2019
Thanks to everyone who attended today’s event. We expected a large group but didn’t realize that 26 of us meeting together would fog up the windows! Special thanks to those who drove an hour (or two, or three) to participate.

David B gave an excellent presentation on the research behind Safe Withdrawal Rates and a number of people spoke about what it means to be a Boglehead, Jack Bogle’s legacy and what it means for investors.

History will favor the ideals, principles and tenacity of John Bogle. His dogged pursuit of corporate honesty and accountability, and his insistence that the (average) retail investor be accorded a fair return on their money alone made this flawed human being exceptional and significant. He was certainly a paradox, capable of exhibiting an ego of prodigious dimension and at the same time impressing those he met with his humility and self-effacement. Both attributes seemed genuine. We will miss the intelligence and candor evidenced in his writing and speaking but also his amiable personality and generosity.

An observation in the form of a question:

• Will we still be calling ourselves “Bogleheads” five years from now?

— or will this designation fall into disuse over time?

In 1971, Richard Nixon either said or didn’t say, "We are all Keynesians now." 1 Nearly 50 years later, this identification is still very much in use, frequently cited by both conservative and liberal economists (though perhaps with different meaning or context). Will investors of the future affirm, "We are all Bogleheads now?”

Most of those present felt the appellation would survive but not everyone agreed with the first definition proposed: ‘To be a Boglehead is to be frugal.’ The majority felt this to be a sound statement, albeit incomplete. A few of us protested: not all Bogleheads are frugal. We did agree that Bogleheads are strongly predisposed to living beneath their means. Does being a Boglehead imply discipleship? The coordinator thought that this carries things too far.

Respect and admiration, personal regard, adherence to the many financial management principles John Bogle promulgated but did not invent (e.g. delayed gratification; diversify across broad market funds/ETFs; a share of your portfolio should be in fixed income; contribute often to retirement accounts; keep costs low; ignore market gyrations, financial pundits & popular fads), adopt a philosophy that prioritizes human beings over financial gain, practice equity (fairness)... and so on. These are all fine attributes or good advice. Even so, we’re not obligated to become a follower or zealot on the path to investing perfection. 2 There are no sacred texts in investing. 3

What do Bogleheads practice? Many of us invest in index mutual funds—but not everyone. Buy and hold? Uh, huh. Low cost investing? We came close to reaching consensus on this one; it’s important to manage cost.

After the meeting was adjourned, a sizable contingent met for lunch/beer at Centro Cocina Mexicana on 27th & J Street.

Notes

1 Economist Milton Friedman likely coined this. Nixon adopted it as conventional wisdom.

2 Jack was confident that US investors need not invest in international equities, that US businesses would continue to perform into the future. So far, at least in recent years, he’s been right. Some day, this advice may not be as relevant. ‘Bogleheads’ seek to understand investing and, like Jack, always entertain the possibility that they could be mistaken.

3 ‘No sacred texts’ but there are some darn good quotes, many authored or adapted by John Bogle.

4 Links to the meeting audio, presentation slides and SWR spreadsheet were e-mailed to members on Feb 10.

▫️ ▫️ ▫️

Next meeting is in 28 days .... on March 9, 2019.

Mark your calendars!

Topic Author
digarei

Post by digarei »

This thread has been updated with essential information about Sacramento Area Bogleheads' next meeting on Mar 9.

See the first post to learn about the topics scheduled for Mar 2019. RSVP required.

THIS MONTH: How To Fire Your Investment Advisor
Topic Author
digarei

Post by digarei »

Fire Your Advisor 800x683 ufVyCbc
. . . .
  • . . . . . . . . . . . . How To Fire Your Investment Advisor ~ March 9, 2019
. . . .
Topic Author
digarei

Post by digarei »

. BF8080

. . .. a n n o u n c e m e n t s

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

1️⃣ . New content has been added to

Sacramento Area Bogleheads

Books, Blogs, Podcasts & Videos
🎧

Follow this link to access

Sacramento Bogleheads • Books, Blogs, Podcasts & Videos

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

2️⃣ . Next meeting is in 13 days... on April 6, 2019

The FIRST Saturday of the month... in midtown.

Mark your calendars! RSVP no later than April 3

This month we’ll be discussing:

. ~ How Bogleheads Investors Avoid Behavioral Mistakes

. ~ The Pursuit of Factors vs. Total Market Indexing

Check for notifications of upcoming events:

Sacramento, CA Area Chapter - Meeting Announcements

▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️

. 🎧 Recommended by members of Sacramento Area Bogleheads
Topic Author
digarei

Post by digarei »

This thread has been updated with essential information about Sacramento Area Bogleheads' next meeting on Apr 6.

See the first post to learn more about the topics scheduled for Apr 2019. RSVP required.

this month
this month
this month

~ Two hours of conversation Two subjects of interest

~ I. The Pursuit of Factors vs. Total Market Indexing

~ II. How Bogleheads Investors Avoid Behavioral Mistakes

Topic Author
digarei

Re: Sacramento, CA Area Chapter - Master Threa

Post by digarei »

Double Bill ~ This Saturday April 6

Total Market Indexing vs. Factor Investing

Behavioral Mistakes and How to Avoid Them

5 . D A Y S .

from today the members of Sacramento Area Bogleheads will be meeting in midtown.

We meet to discuss all aspects of personal finance and investing each month.

Sacramento Bogleheads wrote:

. . 21 people have confirmed as of today. There’s still room for a few more.

. . If you’d like to attend, please send an email with your name and city to:

. . . . . . Sacramento.Bogleheads@gmail.com

. .Thank you

April 6, 2019

Next month we resume meeting on Second Saturday ~~~ May 11, 2019
Topic Author
digarei

Post by digarei »

This thread has been updated with essential information about Sacramento Area Bogleheads' next meeting on May 11.

See the first post to learn about the topics scheduled for May 2019. RSVP required.

THIS MONTH: Financial Stewardship for the Boglehead Investor
Topic Author
digarei

Post by digarei »

. . . .

Financial Stewardship May 11 2019 666x500 8y3zO7K
Topic Author
digarei

Re: Sacramento ~ May 11

Post by digarei »

May 11 meeting this coming Saturday, please do so as soon as possible.

We currently have 26 persons confirmed for Saturday's meeting.

Topic Author
digarei

Post by digarei »

This thread has been updated with essential information about Sacramento Area Bogleheads' next meeting on June 8.

See the first post to learn about the topics scheduled for June 2019. RSVP requested.

T O P I C ▫️ 🕑 SAVING vs. SPENDING across life stages
Topic Author
digarei

Post by digarei »

Happy 4th? Celebrate Independence Day

by participating in this smorgasbord of topics:

Preserving your independence by diversifying your assets

What does it mean to be a patriotic millionaire?

How to revolutionize your savings plan

Abolishing debt servitude

Engineering success into your estate plan

Should you be loyal to your mutual fund? employer?

Surviving political turbulence, financial change

It’s the best of times... and the worst of times

Socialism vs Capitalism

Voting to ensure a prosperous future.

7 . D A Y S .

July 13 2019

Topic Author
digarei

Post by digarei »

B U M P !

(see last post)

Topic Author
digarei

Post by digarei »

Double Bill ~ This Saturday August 10

How to Obtain a First-Class Financial Education

Reimagining Retirement

7 . D A Y S .

August 10 2019

Topic Author
digarei

Post by digarei »

This thread has been updated with essential information about Sacramento Area Bogleheads' next meeting on Sep 14.

See the first post to learn about the topics scheduled for Sep 2019. RSVP required.

THIS MONTH: 🚢 How to be a Regular Billionaire
Topic Author
digarei

Post by digarei »

• Sacramento Area Bogleheads’ OPEN DISCUSSION

▪️ All financial subjects considered + Investor Q & A

▪️ Bring a topic for discussion or just come to listen...

4 . D A Y S .

from today the members of Sacramento Area Bogleheads will be meeting in South Natomas
and investing each month on Second Saturday. This month’s agenda:

Open Discussion

Any and All Investing or Financial Subjects!

South Natomas meeting location

• • •

Send an email for more information ~ Sacramento.Bogleheads@gmail.com

October 12, 2019

Topic Author
digarei

Sacramento, CA Area Chapter - Announcement

Post by digarei »

• Not a Joiner… but Like to Talk?

▪️ We talk about all subjects financial, especially those related to investing and retirement.

▪️ This month’s topics.... Analyzing the Periodic Table of Investments & How to Prepare for a Recession

8 . D A Y S .

and investing each month on Second Saturday. This month’s agenda:

Analyzing the Periodic Table of Investments

How to Recession-Proof Your Investment Portfolio

Midtown Sacramento

• • •

Send an email for more information ~ Sacramento.Bogleheads@gmail.com

Reservations are needed to attend this months’s meeting.

November 9, 2019

Topic Author
digarei

Post by digarei »

This thread has been updated with essential information about Sacramento Area Bogleheads' next meeting on Nov 9.

See the first post to learn about the topics scheduled for Nov 2019—or read the post that precedes this one. RSVP required.

THIS MONTH: 📉 How to Recession-Proof Your Investment Portfolio and

.. .. .. .. .. .. ✏️ Analyzing the Periodic Table of Investments

Topic Author
digarei

Post by digarei »

This thread has been updated with essential information about Sacramento Area Bogleheads' next meeting on Dec 14.

See the first post to learn about the topics scheduled for the balance of 2019 and into 2020.

D E C E M B E R ▫️ ✅ Special Event

• • •
Financial Wellness Workshop

Presented by Jim and Jane Cosgrove
for Sacramento Area Bogleheads

Midtown Sacramento
• • •
Topic Author
digarei

Post by digarei »

. . . .

Financial Wellness Workshop Dec 14 2019 512x512 iYe9Jzz
See previous post for more info or send an email to:

Topic Author
digarei

Sacramento - December 14

Post by digarei »

Dec 14 event next month, please do so as soon as possible.

We have exactly 1 seat remaining

Reservations are CLOSED for December 14, 2019

Prospective attendees

No seats left for December. Please RSVP Before Jan 7 for

the meeting scheduled on January 11, 2020. Thank you.

Topic Author
digarei

Post by digarei »

This thread has been updated with essential information about Sacramento Area Bogleheads' next meeting on January 11.

See the first post to learn about upcoming meetings in 2020.

T O P I C S ▫️

Investment Goals 2020

What are your financial goals for 2020 and beyond?
This discussion will help you clarify your priorities
in the new decade.

Exploring the Asset Classes

Sizing up Large, Small, Mid-Cap, REITs, US/Int’l, Bonds, etc
Which type of asset belongs in your portfolio and why?

Midtown Sacramento • • •

☑️ . To reserve a seat, please send an email with your contact info to:

. . .. Sacramento.Bogleheads@gmail.com

Topic Author
digarei

Post by digarei »

. . . .

Investment Goals 2020 Jan 11 2020 600x510 lvPXxgr

. . . .
Topic Author
digarei

Sacramento Chapter - Jan & Feb Meetings

Post by digarei »

• • •  
S a c r a m e n t o   A r e a   B o g l e h e a d s
Notice: members and prospective attendees

January and February 2020
~~~~~~~--~~~~~~~~~~--~~~--~

No seats remain for our January meeting. We’ve already exceeded the room limit of 24.

Next month, we meet in a larger venue in Citrus Heights. For those interested in attending

the meeting in February, we’ll accept reservations starting from today until Feb 4 -or- until

we reach the room capacity of approximately 55 seats.

February 2020
- - - - - - - - - - -

😈 Capital Vices (The 7 Deadly Sins of Investing)

This meeting scheduled 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm on Second Saturday, Feb 8, 2020

Meeting location: Citrus Heights
• • •  
Topic Author
digarei

Post by digarei »

This thread has been updated with essential information about Sacramento Area Bogleheads' next meeting on February 8.

See the first post to learn about upcoming meetings in 2020.

If you live or work in Sacramento or the surrounding area, you owe it to yourself to check us out! We're a group
of friendly people who enjoy talking about personal finance and investing and you're welcome to join us.

T O P I C S ▫️

Capital Vices (The 7 Deadly Sins of Investing)

The devil is in the details! What should you watch out for?

Exploring the Asset Classes - Part Deux

In January, we learned about numerous asset classes. This month,
we discuss: Which type of asset belongs in your portfolio and why?

New location this month • • •

Sylvan Oaks Library
6700 Auburn Blvd
Citrus Heights, CA 95621

Meeting Time: 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm

Topic Author
digarei

Post by digarei »

Prospective members or visitors:

We had to turn some folks away from our last few meetings because of limited room capacity.

In February and March, we’ve reserved larger accommodations for our Bogleheads meetings.

Next week, we meet in Citrus Heights (see post, above) in a room that will hold up to 55 persons.

All are welcome to attend!