What happened to the safe deposit box thread?

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
grogu

What happened to the safe deposit box thread?

Post by grogu »

I was enjoying the thread about the security of safe deposit boxes. Perhaps it wasn’t the most informative thread ever, but it wasn’t the worst either, and I did think there was some useful information. When I recently refreshed the thread, it said I don’t have permission to view it. And now it seems to have completely vanished from this site. Maybe things took a turn for the worse after I last looked, but what rule was violated such that it was apparently not merely locked, but erased from existence?
runninginvestor

Re: What happened to the safe deposit box thread?

Post by runninginvestor »

You should message one of the moderators, you would likely get a faster and more true answer. If it was deleted by the moderators, they would likely lock or delete this post, I'd imagine, to prevent further discussion of whatever was cut in another post.
cork

Post by cork »

grogu wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:00 am I was enjoying the thread about the security of safe deposit boxes. Perhaps it wasn’t the most informative thread ever, but it wasn’t the worst either, and I did think there was some useful information. When I recently refreshed the thread, it said I don’t have permission to view it. And now it seems to have completely vanished from this site. Maybe things took a turn for the worse after I last looked, but what rule was violated such that it was apparently not merely locked, but erased from existence?
Is this it?
viewtopic.php?t=286056
Topic Author
grogu

Post by grogu »

cork wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:13 am Is this it?
viewtopic.php?t=286056

Thanks, but no. Similar topic, but there was a more recent thread, within the past couple days. Discussions of floods, explosions, thefts, and crypto passwords.
NAVigator

Post by NAVigator »

Or was it "Home fire safe or safe deposit box?" started in March?

viewtopic.php?t=342230
"I was born with nothing and I have most of it left."
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

This thread is now in the Forum Issues and Administration forum (question on removed thread).
runninginvestor wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:03 am You should message one of the moderators, you would likely get a faster and more true answer. If it was deleted by the moderators, they would likely lock or delete this post, I'd imagine, to prevent further discussion of whatever was cut in another post.
The thread was removed by the moderators. Sorry, we don't discuss details.

If anyone has further questions, please feel free to PM a moderator.

(Thread locked to end the discussion.)
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.