Temporarily disable all email notifications

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
occambogle

Temporarily disable all email notifications

Post by occambogle »

I'm going on a trip with limited internet access and don't want my mailbox to fill up with email notifications for the dozens and dozens of threads I have subcribed to. Is there a way to temporarily diasable all email notifications for thread subscription replies, without unsubscribing from each and every one of the threads? So that when I get back I can just turn them all on again? Thanks
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: Temporarily disable all email notifications

Post by LadyGeek »

Change your notification options.

User Control Panel --> Board Preferences --> Edit notification options (generic link which goes to your account)

Uncheck the "Email" boxes in the "Posting Notifications" section and the "Someone sends you a private message" Email box in the "Miscellaneous Notifications" section.

I recommend you do check boxes in the "Notifications" column. When you return, the notifications will let you know what's waiting for you.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Topic Author
occambogle

Re: Temporarily disable all email notifications

Post by occambogle »

Perfect! Thank you. I knew it must be in the settings somewhere I just could find it....