Why Aren't Market Timing Threads Locked?

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
windaar

Why Aren't Market Timing Threads Locked?

Post by windaar »

Political and medical threads are instantly locked because they have nothing to do with this forum. Market timing threads also have nothing to do with a forum based on "Investing Advice Inspired by Jack Bogle" yet they are tolerated. Why?
Nobody knows nothing.
alex_686

Re: Why Aren't Market Timing Threads Locked?

Post by alex_686 »

There are thread that look like market timing threads but are not. Valuations & Risk Management come to mind.

It is also our area if expertise. People have questions. Our position is based on logic and history. We encourage debate, not dogma.
Former brokerage operations & mutual fund accountant. I hate risk, which is why I study and embrace it.
wootwoot

Post by wootwoot »

We try to be inclusive of different investing strategies and talk through them, this is not a forum for cancel culture / echo chamber type thinking.
JoeRetire

Post by JoeRetire »

windaar wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:36 pm Political and medical threads are instantly locked because they have nothing to do with this forum. Market timing threads also have nothing to do with a forum based on "Investing Advice Inspired by Jack Bogle" yet they are tolerated. Why?
Different opinions are tolerated. This is not a "hive mind enforced" forum.
This isn't just my wallet. It's an organizer, a memory and an old friend.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

^^^ Exactly. If anyone has further questions, please feel free to PM me.

This thread is locked to end the discussion.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.