More BH Abbreviations and Acronyms?

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
Sweetbriar

More BH Abbreviations and Acronyms?

Post by Sweetbriar »

I printed the list in Jan. 2019....but still come across "letters", that I have no idea what the'yre referring to!
Is the list updated?
Last edited by Sweetbriar on Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gwe67

Re: More BH Abbreviations and Acronyms?

Post by gwe67 »

IDK. :confused
VTI 48%, VXUS 12%, BND 40%
Silk McCue

Post by Silk McCue »

It was most recently updated about a week ago. Use this link to the Wiki at anytime for the most up to date.

https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Abbrevi ... d_Acronyms

Cheers
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

This thread is now in the Forum Issues and Administration forum (abbreviations).
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
TravelGeek

Post by TravelGeek »

Sweetbriar wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:17 pm I printed the list in Jan. 2019....but still come across "letters", that I have no idea what the'yre referring to!
Is the list updated?
New (to you or me) abbreviations are probably used all the time. Is there a formal mechanism to ensure the addition to the list? I doubt it. I can think of a number of abbreviations I saw just today that don't appear to be on the list.

If you come across some you don't know, I would ask in that thread. I generally think we overuse abbreviations and such questions might lead people to rethink the use of obscure ones.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Since the abbreviations are in the wiki, you can request changes in Suggestions for the Wiki.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.