Option request/feature request [anonymous posts]

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
B4Xt3r

Option request/feature request [anonymous posts]

Post by B4Xt3r »

Hi,

I've got a question. Is it an option to post a truly anonymous post? (Perhaps at most the mods could access who made what post). Occasionally I am interested in posting something which is pertinent and appropriate to my situation but hits a little close to my foxhole.

Regards,

-b4xt3r
ResearchMed

Re: Option request/feature request

Post by ResearchMed »

B4Xt3r wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:03 pm Hi,

I've got a question. Is it an option to post a truly anonymous post? (Perhaps at most the mods could access who made what post). Occasionally I am interested in posting something which is pertinent and appropriate to my situation but hits a little close to my foxhole.

Regards,

-b4xt3r
Can you alter the specifics in what you post? Change the state, the ages/numbers of children, your/spousal ages, year/make/number of cars, number of bedrooms in home, approximate number of employees you work with, where the vacations were/will be, etc., or general nature/category of work?
Changing just a few of these might suffice.

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: Option request/feature request

Post by LadyGeek »

Sorry, no truly anonymous posts are allowed.

As ResearchMed states, obfuscating the numbers or situation can help. Just be sure to be "close enough" that the answers will apply to your situation.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

Re: Option request/feature request [anonymous posts]

Post by 123 »

That when posters are "Asking for a friend..."
The closest helping hand is at the end of your own arm.
Watty

Post by Watty »

Using multiple accounts is not normally allowed, from the rules;

rules
Please do not sign up for more than one account (username). If there is a problem with your account, please contact a site admin via PM or send an e-mail to bhadmin@bogleheads.org. If we discover that one person is using multiple accounts, the least active account(s) will be deactivated. Use of multiple accounts to circumvent forum policies, including suspensions or bans, will be considered a serious violation.

We do understand that there are certain situations in which holding multiple accounts is reasonable. If you feel you have a compelling reason for maintaining multiple accounts, please send a request with an explanation to a moderator or site admin.
I don't recall the situations but I have seen a few rare situations where a long term poster would request and be granted permission to use a seperate account to ask a question that they would not want associated with their prior and future posts.

For example if I won the lottery I might ask for permission open a second account to ask questions about that since it would be impossible to disguise the situation.

You also need to be careful about using the same user ID on multiple web sites since it might be possible for people to link those together and figure out more information about you than you realize was possible. For example I just googled your user ID and I noticed that someone uses that same user ID in instagram and twitter which may or may not be you. You can also ask a moderator to change your user ID if that is a problem.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

The situations are usually ones where a member is concerned about privacy. In those cases, a moderator will usually permit creation of a second account.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.