SITE OFFLINE Sunday (Jan 31) at 4 PM Eastern (21:00 UTC)

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
LadyGeek
Site Admin

SITE OFFLINE Sunday (Jan 31) at 4 PM Eastern (21:00 UTC)

Post by LadyGeek »

The site will be offline Sunday, January 31, at 4:00 PM Eastern (21:00 UTC) to update the forum software. We will be doing a maintenance release. Readers will not see any changes as a result of this update.

I expect the update to take less than 1 hour.

(This thread is posted in the Forum Issues and Administration forum, but appears in all forums.)
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
arcticpineapplecorp.

Re: SITE OFFLINE Sunday (Jan 31) at 4 PM Eastern (21:00 UTC)

Post by arcticpineapplecorp. »

thank you. I will take my dinner between the hours of 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. eastern standard time. If I was into wallstreetbets (which I'm not) I'd be eating tendies for dinner, right?
It's hard to accept the truth when the lies were exactly what you wanted to hear. Investing is simple, but not easy. Buy, hold & rebalance low cost index funds & manage taxable events. Asking Portfolio Questions | Wiki
Topic Author
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

^^^ Here's a reddit decoder: Re: [GameStop GME trading mega-thread] - please confine all comments to that thread.

==============================

For those composing long posts, it's good practice to save your work in a separate text editor (notepad.exe on Windows).

Not just for the site going offline, but to avoid losing your work if you accidentally close your browser.

An additional tip: Your browser saves what you type. If you hit "Submit" and lose your work, use your browser's "back" button. The content should be there. Then, save your post in a text editor for later use.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Topic Author
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Final bump for visibility.
Topic Author
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

We're back, all OK. The forum software has been updated to phpBB version 3.3.3.
Marseille07

Post by Marseille07 »

Thank you for the work! That was very quick.
Peculiar_Investor
Site Admin

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

LadyGeek wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:39 pm We're back, all OK. The forum software has been updated to phpBB version 3.3.3.
Even though I have "Remember me" clicked and cannot remember when I last actually had to login, post-update I was logged out and had to login again.

Added, it only happened on my desktop session. Tablet session still working without re-login. I’m guessing that trying to access the site while it was offline somehow caused my desktop browser to delete the needed cookie(s) for Remember me to work.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams