Silk McCue

Re: Time to give to this website

Post by Silk McCue »

Thanks for the reminder!

Cheers
Cigarman

Post by Cigarman »

Best ROI in my lifetime. Happy to have just donated.
retiredjg

Post by retiredjg »

Done. :happy
nepats

Post by nepats »

Done. Thanks for the reminder!
Skeeter1

Post by Skeeter1 »

Thanks, Dan for the reminder and thanks mods and all the Bogleheads who make this a fun and priceless site. I am making my donation now through Amazon smiles. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. :sharebeer
rotorhead

Post by rotorhead »

Have just made my donation. Would also like to add my thanks and appreciation to all the folks that make this wonderful resource what it is! Without question, Bogleheads.org is the finest "go to place" for personal investors, for wide variety of financial matters.

Thank you all again, so very much; and all Best Wishes for 2021.
BionicBillWalsh

Post by BionicBillWalsh »

Donating more than the Black Friday HR Block Tax software price seems to be counterintuitive to the Boglehead way of life.

For the record, I’m joking. Mostly.
Jerry Garcia: If I knew the way...I would take you home.
Orange44

Post by Orange44 »

Done
:sharebeer
goingup

Post by goingup »

Yep. Done. Thanks for the reminder each year. :beer
alpine_boglehead

Post by alpine_boglehead »

Done. Thanks to everyone making bogleheads possible.
laketrout

Post by laketrout »

Done. Thanks for the reminder!
jimgour

Post by jimgour »

Like other people here, I put it on autopilot years ago. My Amazon perk money goes to a strange nonprofit. Something call "Bogleheads"?

I like it. Since I set it up, every time I see these "Time to give to this website", I know I've already done it. A few hundred dollars this year.

Party on folks, and stay safe.

Jim
Alex Frakt
Founder

Post by Alex Frakt »

Thank all of you. We really appreciate your support.

Of course, we just provide the framework. The real value of this site is your discussions and your answers. So let me thank everyone who contributes to the site, however you do it.

Here's a toast to a happy, healthy and prosperous new year! :sharebeer
BrklynMike

Post by BrklynMike »

Any chance you can set up donations through Venmo? Would love to contribute but don't have PayPal and don't want to set it up. Thanks.
"In a world of uncertainty, one should focus more on the consequences than the probabilities." - Benjamin Graham
kelvan80

Post by kelvan80 »

Donation sent. Been popping in to this website for almost 11 years now. I owe a debt of gratitude to all the posters and the wiki and the mods. We will be able to give generously for years to come, retire early, or do whatever we can imagine once my spouse retires from the military. It's nice to be among friends.
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

BrklynMike wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:24 pm Any chance you can set up donations through Venmo? Would love to contribute but don't have PayPal and don't want to set it up. Thanks.
Once you start the donation process, you can SKIP that nasty PayPay :wink: which is what we do.
(I HATE PayPal, but that's another story!)

When you get to the "source of funding, there will be a secondary choice for a charge card.
Select that, and enter the information for charge card of choice.
Just make sure you do *NOT* click on any of the "PayPal" sections.
BTW: This works for most (maybe all?) of the "pay by PayPal" processes.

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.
LFT_PFT

Post by LFT_PFT »

Thanks for the reminder.

Done.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

ResearchMed wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:55 pm
BrklynMike wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:24 pm Any chance you can set up donations through Venmo? Would love to contribute but don't have PayPal and don't want to set it up. Thanks.
Once you start the donation process, you can SKIP that nasty PayPay :wink: which is what we do.
(I HATE PayPal, but that's another story!)

When you get to the "source of funding, there will be a secondary choice for a charge card.
Select that, and enter the information for charge card of choice.
Just make sure you do *NOT* click on any of the "PayPal" sections.
BTW: This works for most (maybe all?) of the "pay by PayPal" processes.

RM
Thanks! The description has been modified to show that you can indeed use a credit card.
The button will take you to a PayPal donation page. You can use a credit card for payment, you do not need a PayPal account.

Note that the page will show you are sending the payment to paypal@gostynska.com, with bogleheads.org listed under the heading "Purpose".
(The description was provided by the site owner, Alex Frakt. I updated the page.)
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
neverpanic

Post by neverpanic »

Thanks so much!

Quick question: have you considered registering the forum as an educational non-profit?
I am not a financial professional or guru. I'm a schmuck who got lucky 10 times. Such is the life of the trader.
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

neverpanic wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:16 pm Thanks so much!

Quick question: have you considered registering the forum as an educational non-profit?
That's entirely up to Alex and Larry (the site owners).

While this forum isn't registered as a 501c3 non-profit, The Bogle Center for Financial Literacy, who's mission statement includes helping to support this forum, is an IRS-approved 501c3 non-profit, which means that donations to The Bogle Center are tax-deductible.

So, for those who want a tax-deduction for their donation, they can donate to The Bogle Center and indicate on the donation that it's to help support the forum.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi
seymore92

Post by seymore92 »

I didn’t see anywhere, but it may help to know what is the magnitude of the annual costs to run the site?
houseofnine

Post by houseofnine »

dwickenh wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:02 pm I am happy to say another year has passed with many things learned on this site that has saved me time and money. Everyone involved in the website does a tremendous job and I am sure spends many hours making sure it works seamlessly.

I want to say Thank You to all involved with keeping the website going. A donation is the best way I know how.

It's not a lot of money, but if we all chip in, it can be substantial. You can donate at the "Support this Site" link at the top of the web page.

https://www.bogleheads.org/support.htm

Thanks for donating $35.00 USD to
paypal@gostynska.com

Have a great Holiday

Dan
Done and thanks!
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Mel Lindauer wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:22 pm So, for those who want a tax-deduction for their donation, they can donate to The Bogle Center and indicate on the donation that it's to help support the forum.
Bogle Center donations by credit card (link) don't have an entry field where you can specify where the donation goes.

You can try contacting them via the About --> Contact page to explain what you'd like to do.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
vineviz

Post by vineviz »

dwickenh wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:02 pm I am happy to say another year has passed with many things learned on this site that has saved me time and money. Everyone involved in the website does a tremendous job and I am sure spends many hours making sure it works seamlessly.

I want to say Thank You to all involved with keeping the website going. A donation is the best way I know how.

It's not a lot of money, but if we all chip in, it can be substantial. You can donate at the "Support this Site" link at the top of the web page.

https://www.bogleheads.org/support.htm

Thanks for donating $35.00 USD to
paypal@gostynska.com

Thanks for the timely reminder!
"Far more money has been lost by investors preparing for corrections than has been lost in corrections themselves." ~~ Peter Lynch
Exchme

Post by Exchme »

Done.

The quality of this site is amazing, most social media devolves into snark, invective, talking past each other, etc. but the mods here do a great job of keeping people talking without shouting at each other. It's quickly become my favorite site to read with so much to learn and so many experts that participate.
Kompass

Post by Kompass »

Six years ago I inherited a large sum and while my father was what I now know would be an absolute Boglehead and taught me the basics of LBYM, Invest and be patient, I was in no way prepared for his estate and all that would entail. I am thankful that I found this community right away and have benefitted greatly from it's steady hand which surely steered me away from possibly large mistakes and by being a bell-weather of logic and un-common sense.

I hope it is alright to use my Fido DAF, I have submitted a grant: JOHN C BOGLE CENTER FOR FINANCIAL LITERACY
Shortsellforfun

Post by Shortsellforfun »

Done.
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

Kompass wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:28 pm Six years ago I inherited a large sum and while my father was what I now know would be an absolute Boglehead and taught me the basics of LBYM, Invest and be patient, I was in no way prepared for his estate and all that would entail. I am thankful that I found this community right away and have benefitted greatly from it's steady hand which surely steered me away from possibly large mistakes and by being a bell-weather of logic and un-common sense.

I hope it is alright to use my Fido DAF, I have submitted a grant: JOHN C BOGLE CENTER FOR FINANCIAL LITERACY
Nothing wrong with using your Fidelity DAF (or Schwab or any other brokerage account DAF). Donations come from all kinds of sources, both personal and DAFs, and they're all appreciated.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi
destiny

Post by destiny »

Done. Thank you!
once bitten, twice shy
Brianmcg321

Post by Brianmcg321 »

DesertDiva wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:36 pm Also, “John C Bogle Center for Financial Literacy” is an option through smile.amazon.com. :idea:
Thanks for letting us know that. I’ll change my beneficiary from smile to that.
Rules to investing: | 1. Don't lose money. | 2. Don't forget rule number 1.
TravelforFun

Post by TravelforFun »

Done!

TravelforFun
ElJefeDelQueso

Post by ElJefeDelQueso »

I have donated!
LilyFleur

Post by LilyFleur »

Maybe someone needs to post a link to this thread over on the "2020 Net Worth" thread. Some of the folks on that thread can easily afford a very large donation, much less a small one. :moneybag
Smilodon

Post by Smilodon »

Thanks for starting this thread; I just submitted a donation. This site has improved my understanding of finances and investing in fundamental ways.
Pandemic Bangs

Post by Pandemic Bangs »

Was very helpful to have Taylor chime in to verify it's legit :D
Wait 'til I get my money right | Then you can't tell me nothing, right?
Elsebet

Post by Elsebet »

Done!

Thanks for the reminder!
"...the man who adapts himself to his slender means and makes himself wealthy on a little sum, is the truly rich man..." ~Seneca
ChowYunPhat

Post by ChowYunPhat »

Sent a donation to the Bogle Center directing resources to the forum from my DAF. Thanks for the reminder and for those who help keep the forum going. Nice that Fidelity Charitable lists the Bogle Center as one of the charitable options :D

:sharebeer
A wise man and his money are friends forever...
Mumfie

Post by Mumfie »

Thank you so much for this wonderful website, all you who make it possible. Much appreciated. Donated $50; worth every penny.
WienerG

Post by WienerG »

Just donated too. Thanks to the mods & admins for their work in making this the amazing resource that it is.
gwe67

Post by gwe67 »

Amazon sent me this update:

This is the quarterly notification to inform you that the charity you've selected, John C Bogle Center for Financial Literacy, recently received a donation of $361.78 from AmazonSmile -- at no cost to you or other customers.

Thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com, or with AmazonSmile ON in the Amazon Shopping app, everyday purchases have generated over $266 million in donations to charities worldwide so far.

AmazonSmile's impact:
$2,778.23 to John C Bogle Center for Financial Literacy*
$241,928,506.19 to all charities in the US
$266,896,659.48 to all charities worldwide
VTI 48%, VXUS 12%, BND 40%
Topic Author
dwickenh

Post by dwickenh »

gwe67 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:34 am Amazon sent me this update:

This is the quarterly notification to inform you that the charity you've selected, John C Bogle Center for Financial Literacy, recently received a donation of $361.78 from AmazonSmile -- at no cost to you or other customers.

Thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com, or with AmazonSmile ON in the Amazon Shopping app, everyday purchases have generated over $266 million in donations to charities worldwide so far.

AmazonSmile's impact:
$2,778.23 to John C Bogle Center for Financial Literacy*
$241,928,506.19 to all charities in the US
$266,896,659.48 to all charities worldwide
Thanks for posting this, it is impressive to see how much is donated from the Amazon Smile!!

Dan
The market is the most efficient mechanism anywhere in the world for transferring wealth from impatient people to patient people.” | — Warren Buffett
CalcHP12c

Post by CalcHP12c »

Small donation made via PayPal. It’s against my instinct to PayPal random people but the education I have received here is invaluable. Worth much more than a gift subscription to Kiplingers, which is what started my financial Vanguard journey.

Thank you!!