How to change the forum of an existing post?

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
international001

How to change the forum of an existing post?

Post by international001 »

I think i posted something in 'Investing - Theory, News & General' but it's better suited for 'Non-US Investing'.

How do I change it?
prudent

Re: How to change the forum of an existing post?

Post by prudent »

Send me a PM and I'll take care of it.
Peculiar_Investor
Site Admin

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

Or use the Report post icon, which the ! in the top right part part of the post. A dropdown of reasons for reporting is shown, one of which is 'Wrong forum'.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
Topic Author
international001

Peculiar_Investor wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:11 am Or use the Report post icon, which the X in the top right part part of the post. A dropdown of reasons for reporting is shown, one of which is 'Wrong forum'.
Just did that. But post seems completely deleted. Do I have to repost from scratch?
Peculiar_Investor
Site Admin

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

international001 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:54 am
Peculiar_Investor wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:11 am Or use the Report post icon, which the ! in the top right part part of the post. A dropdown of reasons for reporting is shown, one of which is 'Wrong forum'.
Just did that. But post seems completely deleted. Do I have to repost from scratch?
My sincere apologies, I gave you the wrong icon. :oops:

It should be the ! icon. I've corrected my post and your quote of it. My first cup of coffee is still brewing and clearly I wasn't posting straight.

The button that I did indicate was indeed the delete button, so unfortunately the post is gone. You could check if your browser still as a cached copy or perhaps Google has a cached copy, but unfortunately you will need to repost from scratch. Again my apologies. What was the subject? I'll see if I can find if Google's got it.

ADDED: Check your PMs, I might have found it in Google's cache.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
Topic Author
international001

Peculiar_Investor wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:01 am
Peculiar_Investor wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:11 am Or use the Report post icon, which the ! in the top right part part of the post. A dropdown of reasons for reporting is shown, one of which is 'Wrong forum'.

It should be the ! icon. I've corrected my post and your quote of it. My first cup of coffee is still brewing and clearly I wasn't posting straight.

The button that I did indicate was indeed the delete button, so unfortunately the post is gone. You could check if your browser still as a cached copy or perhaps Google has a cached copy, but unfortunately you will need to repost from scratch. Again my apologies. What was the subject? I'll see if I can find if Google's got it.

No worries, I'll repost

But '!' seems useful only to 'report' the post
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

international001 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:41 am
Peculiar_Investor wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:01 am

No worries, I'll repost

But '!' seems useful only to 'report' the post

"Reporting" means it gets viewed by at least one moderator-type.
There is also a box for you to insert text, such as why you are reporting (e.g., someone else's post), or what you need help with for your own post.
The mods here are really helpful :happy

You can also totally delete your own post using the "x", as long as no one else has posted after you in that thread. The complete post will disappear. If there are subsequent posts, then only the "content" gets deleted.

So when some people have a duplicate and note in the second one "Deleted, duplicate post", in many cases they could have just x'ed out the second of their own post, as long as no one else posts first.
Just one of those handy hints!

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.