Ignore list?

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
TomatoTomahto

Ignore list?

Post by TomatoTomahto »

Is there a handy way to ignore certain posters? Something like a blacklist, or unfollow?
I get the FI part but not the RE part of FIRE.
Peculiar_Investor
Site Admin

Re: Ignore list?

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

TomatoTomahto wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:11 am Is there a handy way to ignore certain posters? Something like a blacklist, or unfollow?
Previous answer,
LadyGeek wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:04 pm
TravelGeek wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:05 am
MN-Investor wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:43 am I post on a different site which uses this forum software. In the User Control Panel is a tab for Friends and Foes. On the other site, I can designate another user as a Foe and their posts will, by default, be hidden. It doesn’t look like the Administrators here have enabled that feature.
Or it might be a 3rd party extension. Such as this one:

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ends_foes/
To be clear, the site owners do not want this feature enabled. This decision won't change.

(Topic remains locked to avoid possible personal attacks.)
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
Topic Author
TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto »

Thanks. I guess there’s no point in arguing over it. Additionally, with some thread hijacks, I’d have to read the quoted texts anyway.
I get the FI part but not the RE part of FIRE.
Nowizard

Post by Nowizard »

The ones who own or control the property make the rules. Even if not perfect, this is the best financial site on the Internet in the opinion of many. Certainly, not meant to be a criticism of your view, just a fact.

Tim
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

^^^ FYI - An off-topic post which bumped this 2018 thread has been removed.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.