"Reply" options only on top and bottom of page

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
NewOldGuy

"Reply" options only on top and bottom of page

Post by NewOldGuy »

I haven't visited in a few months, but today I notice I can't reply to a remark, I can only reply to the thread. In other words there's no reply button to a specific remark so I can't quote and reply specifically. I can add remarks to the thread using the reply buttons at top and bottom of page.

Hope this is clear. Thanks.
livesoft

Re: "Reply" options only on top and bottom of page

Post by livesoft »

NewOldGuy wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:11 pm I haven't visited in a few months, but today I notice I can't reply to a remark, I can only reply to the thread. In other words there's no reply button to a specific remark so I can't quote and reply specifically. I can add remarks to the thread using the reply buttons at top and bottom of page.

If you click on the quote button, what happens?

I think you will not see the quote button unless you are logged in.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.
CABob

Post by CABob »

livesoft wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:19 pm
NewOldGuy wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:11 pm I haven't visited in a few months, but today I notice I can't reply to a remark, I can only reply to the thread. In other words there's no reply button to a specific remark so I can't quote and reply specifically. I can add remarks to the thread using the reply buttons at top and bottom of page.

If you click on the quote button, what happens?

I think you will not see the quote button unless you are logged in.
You will still be responding to the entire thread rather that specifically to the poster you are quoting. This is fine for my purposes but I think the OP is looking for something different.
Bob
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

CABob wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:13 pm You will still be responding to the entire thread rather that specifically to the poster you are quoting. This is fine for my purposes but I think the OP is looking for something different.
If the OP wishes to send a private message to only one person, then they should see if they can send a private message:

Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.
greg24

Post by greg24 »

I'm replying by clicking on the Quote picture icon in the upper right corner of your message. If I mouse over that icon, it says "Reply with Quote"

Do you see that icon in my reply?
Topic Author
NewOldGuy

Post by NewOldGuy »

Good Gawd, do I feel dumb. Yes, I made sure I was signed in, but I swear the "quotes box" wasn't visible. I even moused over the "exclamation box" and don't remember seeing the quotes, but they are quite visible now!

Thanks all, sorry for being a nitwit. lol :oops: