How to figure out why a post was deleted?

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
oregoncopflier

How to figure out why a post was deleted?

Post by oregoncopflier »

Hi All,

I'm a long time lurker but new member in terms of posting, having only made a handful of posts. I tried my first time starting a new topic rather than replying to other threads. I got a DM about it from another user, so I know it was posted successfully. But, when I checked in a few minutes later it appeared to have been deleted. Does anyone know if there's a good way to figure out what I did wrong?

Thanks!
Tad
Broken Man 1999

Re: How to figure out why a post was deleted?

Post by Broken Man 1999 »

Yes, just send a message to one of the moderators.

I'm sure they can tell you the reason your post was deleted.

Broken Man 1999
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven then I shall not go." - Mark Twain
jebmke

Post by jebmke »

You might also go through this and see if perhaps the post was not within policy. This is a moderated forum.

rules
Don't trust me, look it up. https://www.irs.gov/forms-instructions-and-publications
Topic Author
oregoncopflier

Post by oregoncopflier »

Broken Man 1999 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:54 pm Yes, just send a message to one of the moderators.

I'm sure they can tell you the reason your post was deleted.

Broken Man 1999
Thank you!
AnnetteLouisan

Post by AnnetteLouisan »

Sometimes they take it down temporarily and re-post it with a different (clearer) title. Or they move it to a different section.
galawdawg

Post by galawdawg »

Google shows you may have posted a thread referring Bogleheads to a forum for VHNW investors. If so, you may have run afoul of this policy:
No Solicitation

Please do not solicit business or website traffic on this forum. Forum officers will determine what constitutes solicitation on a case by case basis, but we offer the following guidelines about commonly encountered issues:

Members may enter personal websites or blogs in the "Website" section of their profiles.
Members may link to relevant pages on their personal websites or blogs in replies on a topic started by another member.
Members may link to relevant pages they have authored on affiliated Bogleheads sites.
Members may not post affiliate or referral links, except affiliate links in support of the forum, or ask for referrals.
Company representatives must identify themselves and may only post on current topics to correct factual errors or directly answer unresolved technical questions about their products or services.
Authors, software developers, or others looking for feedback should contact bhadmin@bogleheads.org for approval before posting.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Thanks to everyone for the help.

The OP's question has been resolved by PM.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.