Searching for Lost Contributors

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
tetractys

Re: Searching for Lost Contributors

Post by tetractys »

Where’s chaz?
Valuethinker

Post by Valuethinker »

Fans of Philip K Dick will understand me when I say that I miss Valuethinker's posts greatly...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1-xKcf9Q4s

Bob Arctor, anyone?

;-)
Silk McCue

Post by Silk McCue »

tetractys wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:21 pm Where’s chaz?
chazz101s hasn’t posted since earlier this year but signed in most recently on Sunday.

Cheers
GoldenFinch

Post by GoldenFinch »

Valuethinker wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:13 am Fans of Philip K Dick will understand me when I say that I miss Valuethinker's posts greatly...

Bob Arctor, anyone?

;-)
When I read this I thought, “What? Valuethinker is gone?!!”

And then I saw it was posted by …….Valuethinker…..hahahaha…..
Valuethinker

Post by Valuethinker »

GoldenFinch wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:36 am
Valuethinker wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:13 am Fans of Philip K Dick will understand me when I say that I miss Valuethinker's posts greatly...

Bob Arctor, anyone?

;-)

The novel, and the film, A Scanner Darkly, are typically Philip K Dick. Movies about identity and uncertainty of identity.

An undercover agent named Bob Arctor is investigating a drug dealer who may be ... Bob Arctor. The film is shot in rotoscope (real actors, and then animation is pasted over them). Robert Downey Jr is beyond genius (one suspects he found it quite easy to connect to the character, given his history). The film is not wholly satisfying - like a lot of Dick's work, he sets it up brilliantly but then seems to run out of steam.*

(There is a John Woo film "Face Off" (I think made twice-- once in the Hong Kong film industry and once in Hollywood) is a less surreal treatment of that concept.

* A suspicion. Dick was churning out a novel a year, to try to pay medical bills for his son. Also quite involved in the 1960s Berkeley drug scene (before moving to LA, having a religious experience, etc). So he may simply have been pushing too hard under the influence of amphetamines. He is, now, the most movie treated SF author and probably the most popular SF author, sadly he died too young to see any of that success (I believe he saw an early cut of the movie that became Blade Runner).

Besides direct Dick adaptations like Blade Runner, his influence is evident in films like The Matrix trilogy.
GoldenFinch

Post by GoldenFinch »

Valuethinker wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:39 am
GoldenFinch wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:36 am

Bob Arctor, anyone?

;-)

The novel, and the film, A Scanner Darkly, are typically Philip K Dick. Movies about identity and uncertainty of identity.

An undercover agent named Bob Arctor is investigating a drug dealer who may be ... Bob Arctor. The film is shot in rotoscope (real actors, and then animation is pasted over them). Robert Downey Jr is beyond genius (one suspects he found it quite easy to connect to the character, given his history). The film is not wholly satisfying - like a lot of Dick's work, he sets it up brilliantly but then seems to run out of steam.*

(There is a John Woo film "Face Off" (I think made twice-- once in the Hong Kong film industry and once in Hollywood) is a less surreal treatment of that concept.

* A suspicion. Dick was churning out a novel a year, to try to pay medical bills for his son. Also quite involved in the 1960s Berkeley drug scene (before moving to LA, having a religious experience, etc). So he may simply have been pushing too hard under the influence of amphetamines. He is, now, the most movie treated SF author and probably the most popular SF author, sadly he died too young to see any of that success (I believe he saw an early cut of the movie that became Blade Runner).

Besides direct Dick adaptations like Blade Runner, his influence is evident in films like The Matrix trilogy.
Thank you for this review/recommendation and I’m glad you are not gone! :beer
tetractys

Post by tetractys »

Silk McCue wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:15 am
tetractys wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:21 pm Where’s chaz?
chazz101s hasn’t posted since earlier this year but signed in most recently on Sunday.

Cheers
chaz is someone different—that’s his user name. Thanks for responding though. Regards
placeholder

Post by placeholder »

tetractys wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:02 pm chaz is someone different—that’s his user name. Thanks for responding though. Regards
Chaz was last active Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:09 pm.
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

Where is Gordon and Munckin Man?

Best.
Tony
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

Where is abuss368? Is he on the Gulfstream with Dave and Jim? ✈️

He is lost and trying to find his way.

Best.
Tony
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
Sandtrap
Location: Hawaii No Ka Oi - white sandy beaches, N. Arizona 1 mile high.

Post by Sandtrap »

abuss368 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:27 pm Where is abuss368? Is he on the Gulfstream with Dave and Jim? ✈️

Best.
Tony
25,500 post count!
A testament to your deep and broad unselfish contribution to this forum at all levels that should earn you levels of respect and recognition.

So. . . here it is.
:sharebeer :sharebeer :sharebeer

Aloha Tony.
j :D
Wiki Bogleheads Wiki: Everything You Need to Know
Valuethinker

Post by Valuethinker »

GoldenFinch wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:11 pm Thank you for this review/recommendation and I’m glad you are not gone! :beer
Thank you for the compliment :sharebeer

All of Philip K Dick's work is "difficult" and the screen treatments vary in quality:

- Blade Runner (The Director's Cut) - I view this as one of the best movies I have ever seen, let alone as an adaptation (BR 2049 is a noble effort, but not a candle on the original). Of the 3 versions the first is marred by a clunky voiceover (shades of the original Dune). The Final Cut is more for historical curiousity. TDC is the most complete and satisfying to me.

- A Scanner Darkly - I think this is a noble failure. Uneven. But thought provoking.

- The Man in the High Castle - Nazis & Japanese have divided post WW2 America coasts with the interior states as buffer states, but a resistance movement lives on, inspired by a novel "The Man in the High Castle" which posits a world where Franklin Roosevelt lived to ally with Churchill and Stalin to defeat Nazi Germany. I have not seen the Amazon tv series, but it received some favourable reviews (but was cancelled midway through the 2nd season?). The book is very good, albeit typical of Dick in that it doesn't go where you would expect. It's also very 1960s-- it gets the Nazi evil but I don't think it was as widely known then what the Japanese Empire had gotten up to in Asia.

(Richard Harris' Fatherland, about a police detective investigating murders in a 1960s Berlin, capital of the 1000 year Reich, has a similar atmosphere).

There is an amateur-made documentary about the life of PKD which is sometimes painful to watch (it is so amateurish - a crudely animated face takes PKD's place when playing tape recordings of interviews for Rolling Stone with him). But it is interesting on the background of his life & thinking. Dick's house was broken into, and a safe dynamited and a complete novel manuscript stolen (would be worth an absolute fortune now, vs a few thousand or even nothing, then). He believed it was the CIA - but he had well succumbed to paranoia by that time. A more likely suspect was one of the drug users & dealers he associated with at that time in Berkeley (mid-late 1960s).

A key theme w PKD is identity and the uncertainty regarding what is real-- who we really are. So in BR the film, but also the book Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, the central question is who is a Replicant (artificial human w a limited lifespan)? And how can you tell? (Instant answer: the Voight-Kamp Test, but of course it's not that simple).

I would argue the Matrix has some very PKD-ish elements, but others can probably trace its cultural roots more closely.
nedsaid

Post by nedsaid »

Sandtrap wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:59 pm
abuss368 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:27 pm Where is abuss368? Is he on the Gulfstream with Dave and Jim? ✈️

Best.
Tony
25,500 post count!
A testament to your deep and broad unselfish contribution to this forum at all levels that should earn you levels of respect and recognition.

So. . . here it is.
:sharebeer :sharebeer :sharebeer

Aloha Tony.
Tony stopped posting for a little while when he got to 25,000 posts. People wondered where he went. I think he has his own fan club on the forum.
A fool and his money are good for business.
flyingaway

Post by flyingaway »

Sometimes I am wondering why people are hanging on here after they retired.

I just retired a few months ago, I have been thinking to not hang on here anymore, as I think I don't need to learn any financial tricks from this forum anymore. The reason that I am still here is mainly that I need to find something to kill my time. So most of my posts are not very serious ones. I am more interested in life styles than financial education.
Silk McCue

Post by Silk McCue »

flyingaway wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:30 am Sometimes I am wondering why people are hanging on here after they retired.

I just retired a few months ago, I have been thinking to not hang on here anymore, as I think I don't need to learn any financial tricks from this forum anymore. The reason that I am still here is mainly that I need to find something to kill my time. So most of my posts are not very serious ones. I am more interested in life styles than financial education.
“Hanging on” sounds like folks have nothing better to do with their lives. If it weren’t for so many hanger ons how would people learn?

It is possible to post here and enjoy all that retirement life offers.

Cheers
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

flyingaway wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:30 am Sometimes I am wondering why people are hanging on here after they retired.

I can't imagine not participating once DH retires. And I'm already retired.

There is so much here about investments, the economy, and then there are other topics such as consumer items (help finding, help with costs...) or travel.

I'm also sure I absorb a lot simply by browsing through some threads on topics I might not have otherwise thought about.
And yes, that would include a few general "life style" issues as well.

So I'm glad they don't require that we show "current work credentials" in order to participate. :wink:

But as is written here so often: "You do you!"

And enjoy your retirement! :happy

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

My experience is the opposite.

I started browsing the Forum years ago, and joined about a year before I retired. I didn’t post much in that first year. But now that I am retired, I have time to read a lot of threads and weigh in on a few.
Last edited by Stinky on Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired life insurance company financial executive who sincerely believes that ”It’s a GREAT day to be alive!”
Sandtrap

Post by Sandtrap »

It seems like some or many. . or few. . make the transition to a sort of "paying it forward" thing to learn and eventually be helpful within their skillsets, education, etc. IE: portfolio reviews, law experience, pension structuring, business investments, or even "toilet leak repairs".

Retirement, as in no longer working for a pension, or FI, etc, closes some doors but also opens many doors to self fulfillment, etc.

HomeStretch

Post by HomeStretch »

Relevant forum topics come up even in retirement.

It’s also worthwhile imo to “pay it back” by helping newbies or posters with questions in areas one has experience/expertise. That’s the main reason I joined the forum after years of lurking as a guest.
TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto »

Stinky wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:03 am it's been about a month since galawdawg posted.

I really enjoyed his advice.

EDIT - I note this his Georgia Bulldogs football team is currently ranked #1. Maybe he’s busy watching Dawg football rather than posting on the Forum.
Let’s hope you’re right.
I get the FI part but not the RE part of FIRE.
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

TomatoTomahto wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:38 pm
Stinky wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:03 am it's been about a month since galawdawg posted.

EDIT - I note this his Georgia Bulldogs football team is currently ranked #1. Maybe he’s busy watching Dawg football rather than posting on the Forum.
Let’s hope you’re right.
Galawdawg’s last post was on 9/13/21, so his absence is coming up on three months.

His Georgia Bulldogs football team plays the Alabama Crimson Tide tomorrow. Much as it hurts me to say this, I think that UGA has the upper hand in this contest.

Maybe he’ll come back after football season.
Retired life insurance company financial executive who sincerely believes that ”It’s a GREAT day to be alive!”
epilnk

Post by epilnk »

There are so many different reasons old timers leave. I started on the old M* forum, and was very active here until maybe 10 years ago. But it was frustrating to watch all of my favorite posters leave, one after another after another. I still check in now and again but I stopped being a regular.

I've always hoped to find a similar alternative forum for people who don't quite fit here. But I've asked a few times and no one had any suggestions. Still interested, if anyone knows of anything.
galawdawg

Post by galawdawg »

Stinky wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:58 pm

Let’s hope you’re right.
Galawdawg’s last post was on 9/13/21, so his absence is coming up on three months.

His Georgia Bulldogs football team plays the Alabama Crimson Tide tomorrow. Much as it hurts me to say this, I think that UGA has the upper hand in this contest.

It's a beautiful day for football in the south! Go Dawgs!
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

galawdawg wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:16 am
Stinky wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:58 pm

Let’s hope you’re right.

It's a beautiful day for football in the south! Go Dawgs!
Welcome back!

I’ll respond with a muted “Roll Tide!” (Very muted)
iamblessed

Post by iamblessed »

abuss368 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:26 pm Where is Gordon and Munckin Man?

Best.
Tony
A lot of smart guys on here but the Munchin Man was my favorite. I loved reading his stories. I guess you could say he was pure Boglehead entertainment. If I got to have dinner with five Bogleheads of my choice he would have to be one of them.
GoldenFinch

Post by GoldenFinch »

Valuethinker wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:30 am
GoldenFinch wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:11 pm Thank you for this review/recommendation and I’m glad you are not gone! :beer
Thank you for the compliment :sharebeer

All of Philip K Dick's work is "difficult" and the screen treatments vary in quality:

- Blade Runner (The Director's Cut) - I view this as one of the best movies I have ever seen, let alone as an adaptation (BR 2049 is a noble effort, but not a candle on the original). Of the 3 versions the first is marred by a clunky voiceover (shades of the original Dune). The Final Cut is more for historical curiousity. TDC is the most complete and satisfying to me.

- A Scanner Darkly - I think this is a noble failure. Uneven. But thought provoking.

- The Man in the High Castle - Nazis & Japanese have divided post WW2 America coasts with the interior states as buffer states, but a resistance movement lives on, inspired by a novel "The Man in the High Castle" which posits a world where Franklin Roosevelt lived to ally with Churchill and Stalin to defeat Nazi Germany. I have not seen the Amazon tv series, but it received some favourable reviews (but was cancelled midway through the 2nd season?). The book is very good, albeit typical of Dick in that it doesn't go where you would expect. It's also very 1960s-- it gets the Nazi evil but I don't think it was as widely known then what the Japanese Empire had gotten up to in Asia.

(Richard Harris' Fatherland, about a police detective investigating murders in a 1960s Berlin, capital of the 1000 year Reich, has a similar atmosphere).

There is an amateur-made documentary about the life of PKD which is sometimes painful to watch (it is so amateurish - a crudely animated face takes PKD's place when playing tape recordings of interviews for Rolling Stone with him). But it is interesting on the background of his life & thinking. Dick's house was broken into, and a safe dynamited and a complete novel manuscript stolen (would be worth an absolute fortune now, vs a few thousand or even nothing, then). He believed it was the CIA - but he had well succumbed to paranoia by that time. A more likely suspect was one of the drug users & dealers he associated with at that time in Berkeley (mid-late 1960s).

A key theme w PKD is identity and the uncertainty regarding what is real-- who we really are. So in BR the film, but also the book Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, the central question is who is a Replicant (artificial human w a limited lifespan)? And how can you tell? (Instant answer: the Voight-Kamp Test, but of course it's not that simple).

I would argue the Matrix has some very PKD-ish elements, but others can probably trace its cultural roots more closely.
Very nice! Thank you again! :sharebeer
GoldenFinch

Post by GoldenFinch »

I’ve noticed that some people disappear for a long time, but then show up when the market does something very dramatic, or they just show up again for what seems like no particular reason. You can always get busy with other things, migrate away for awhile, and then drop in and learn/teach something new here. Just don’t fly away permanently! :happy It really is one of the better sites on the internet.

GoldenFinch
dcabler

Post by dcabler »

epilnk wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:44 pm There are so many different reasons old timers leave. I started on the old M* forum, and was very active here until maybe 10 years ago. But it was frustrating to watch all of my favorite posters leave, one after another after another. I still check in now and again but I stopped being a regular.

I've always hoped to find a similar alternative forum for people who don't quite fit here. But I've asked a few times and no one had any suggestions. Still interested, if anyone knows of anything.
Rational Reminder - some of the folks who departed this forum are active there.

Cheers.
rich126

Post by rich126 »

epilnk wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:44 pm There are so many different reasons old timers leave. I started on the old M* forum, and was very active here until maybe 10 years ago. But it was frustrating to watch all of my favorite posters leave, one after another after another. I still check in now and again but I stopped being a regular.

There are a few free discussion boards at the motley fool that are solid - Retirement Investing and the Berkshire board. The Berk board often strays from just talking about BRK stock. There are also a few others that discuss legal issues (within reason), estate planning and a couple of fast growth stock boards. Some of the people there have been posting for 10-20 years. Worth checking out depending on your interests.
----------------------------- | If you think something is important and it doesn't involve the health of someone, think again. Life goes too fast, enjoy it and be nice.
JoMoney

Post by JoMoney »

cfs

"Good luck, y gracias por leer"
"To achieve satisfactory investment results is easier than most people realize; to achieve superior results is harder than it looks." - Benjamin Graham
nedsaid

Post by nedsaid »

dcabler wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:22 pm

Rational Reminder - some of the folks who departed this forum are active there.

Cheers.
I may sign up and lurk over there, I do miss Larry Swedroe's contributions but I do check his Twitter feed from time to time.
GoldenFinch

Post by GoldenFinch »

JoMoney wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:59 pm cfs

"Good luck, y gracias por leer"
I remember that someone was of critical his sweet quote thanking people for reading and then he left. It’s really too bad he is gone. He would always welcome new posters and was genuinely nice.
ResearchMed

Good news: Madsinger is still fine! Re: Searching for Lost Contributors

Post by ResearchMed »

ResearchMed wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:56 am Very good news to report!

Madsinger is still just fine! :happy

It turns out that when he got busy with other things last year, that has continued significantly.

"...You may certainly tell people on BH that I'm doing fine. As I mentioned before, [I became very busy with other things and didn't have] the time to do the "reports" each month..."

I was among those who really appreciated those monthly reports, but they must have been more than a bit of trouble for him. I don't think he ever subscribed to that "Newsletter", so he had to wait for other BH members who did subscribe to send him the monthly updates for those particular funds. And then there were the data from all those other funds that he incorporated as well.

He seems to be enjoying non-financial activities/hobbies, and many of us could probably do well to do the same, eh? :wink:
Indeed, one reason he and I had communicated a bit was because, well, he is "Madsinger", and DH and I had really started enjoying our Italian Opera lessons...

Glad I was able to report this good news for the holidays!

I'm cross-posting this in another thread [about " Madsinger Monthly Report status?"].

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.
whodidntante

Post by whodidntante »

The forum needs more market timer, but we may not deserve it.
Marseille07

Post by Marseille07 »

I believe vineviz is back in town!
dcabler

Post by dcabler »

nedsaid wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:45 pm
luckyducky99 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:49 pm FWIW vineviz has been active on the rational reminder community. If you're missing him, pop over there :wink: :beer
Vineviz did log in recently but hasn't posted for a while. I do hope he comes back.
He's made a couple of posts in the last few weeks and quite a few in the last couple of days - hope it's the start of an active return to the forum. Though I've created an account on the rational reminder forum since he's remained very active there...
nedsaid

Post by nedsaid »

dcabler wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:42 am
nedsaid wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:45 pm
luckyducky99 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:49 pm FWIW vineviz has been active on the rational reminder community. If you're missing him, pop over there :wink: :beer
Vineviz did log in recently but hasn't posted for a while. I do hope he comes back.
He's made a couple of posts in the last few weeks and quite a few in the last couple of days - hope it's the start of an active return to the forum. Though I've created an account on the rational reminder forum since he's remained very active there...
Yes, I did see that he is back with a vengeance, making up for lost time I guess. Anyhow, I am very happy to see him back and contributing. I am always interested in what he has to say.
willthrill81

Post by willthrill81 »

I miss FIREchief. He hasn't posted since August of 2021. Any ideas on why?
The Sensible Steward
Luckywon

Post by Luckywon »

willthrill81 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:50 am I miss FIREchief. He hasn't posted since August of 2021. Any ideas on why?
I miss him too. There are a couple other forums I know of where he was active but no longer. 🤔
Scott S

Post by Scott S »

Marseille07 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:46 amScott S was a good poster as well.
Aww, thank you! :sharebeer

Like some other posters, I come and go, so I just caught this. Paradoxically, it's probably better for my investments if I don't come here very often -- I read other perspectives and am tempted to tinker!
"Old value investors never die, they just get their fix from rebalancing." -- vineviz

Post by 000 »

Haven't seen columbia since Dec 2020.
Marseille07

Post by Marseille07 »

Where's our friend vanbogle59?
Dude2

Post by Dude2 »

Among other things, the suspicion is that the whole Internet chat/discussion forum thing has run its course for many. Granted this is one of the jewels on the Internet in terms of learning/growing/gaining knowledge. However, the pedantry is sometimes off the charts, and what sort of a person lives for getting into arguments with "virtual" participants?

ETA: Long live Miss Cleo!
Then ’tis like the breath of an unfee’d lawyer.
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

Dude2 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:45 am Among other things, the suspicion is that the whole Internet chat/discussion forum thing has run its course for many. Granted this is one of the jewels on the Internet in terms of learning/growing/gaining knowledge. However, the pedantry is sometimes off the charts, and what sort of a person lives for getting into arguments with "virtual" participants?

Sandtrap

Post by Sandtrap »

Dude2 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:45 am Among other things, the suspicion is that the whole Internet chat/discussion forum thing has run its course for many. Granted this is one of the jewels on the Internet in terms of learning/growing/gaining knowledge. However, the pedantry is sometimes off the charts, and what sort of a person lives for getting into arguments with "virtual" participants?

Good points.
Well said.

Google:
What is a pedantic person?

It typically describes an irritating person who is eager to correct small errors others make, or who wants everyone to know just how much of an expert they are, especially in some narrow or boring subject matter.
Interesting.
Thanks.

*As long as there's focus on helping an OP with actionable and substantive and constructive input, per forum guidelines, a lot of this can be avoided, or ignored.
*Some of the lost contributors, or infrequent contributors, were excellent at this.
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

I enjoyed Maynard F. Speer’s posts.
Last active:Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:16 am
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=77182
placeholder

Post by placeholder »

Many people here go from asking for help to providing it and as my old buddy earl said after he parted ways "I didn't realize how much time I was spending on bogleheads until I stopped doing it."
HueyLD

Post by HueyLD »

Where is sscritic? Last active 8/28/2015 @7:42 p.m.

I believe that he is alive and kicking. However, I miss his posts.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

This thread has run its course and is locked (derailed, topic exhausted). See: Locked Topics
Moderators or site admins may lock a topic (set it so no more replies may be added) when a violation of posting policy has occurred. Occasionally, even if there are no overt violations of posting policy, a topic (or thread) will reach a point where the information content of the discussion has been essentially exhausted and further replies are much more likely to cause distress to the community than add anything of value.
Update: See below
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

After receiving a PM, the off-topic interchange has been removed.

The thread has been unlocked to continue the discussion. Please stay on-topic.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.