Posts I Started

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
tomd37

Posts I Started

Post by tomd37 »

Is there a way that I can search only for those posts that I originated? Need specific guidance and how to get to them.
Don't want to include those posts I responded to.
Tom D.
cflannagan

Re: Posts I Started

Post by cflannagan »

Try this link:
search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=t ... mit=Search

I did a bit of trial and error using my own username, and got what I think you are looking for, in advanced search. Put in your username for "search by author", then select "Topic Titles Only" further down the search page.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

^^^ Yes. For the finishing touch -

Return first: 0 characters of posts (shows all the characters in a post)

Why? In case of a long post, you'll see the whole thing.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Topic Author
tomd37

Post by tomd37 »

Thank you for the replies. It is exactly what I was looking for and was able to find the specific post I was looking for. Good other history there also in my posts that I had forgotten about!
Tom D.
tomsense76

Post by tomsense76 »

Also if you go to your profile there is a section on the right called "User Statistics" under that there is a link that says "Search user’s posts"
"Anyone who claims to understand quantum theory is either lying or crazy" -- Richard Feynman
cflannagan

Post by cflannagan »

tomsense76 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:43 pm Also if you go to your profile there is a section on the right called "User Statistics" under that there is a link that says "Search user’s posts"
That would also list your comments, in additional to the topics you originated. OP only wanted to see the latter (originating posts). One would need to go to advanced search to filter the results by author, then by topic titles only.
tomsense76

Post by tomsense76 »

cflannagan wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:49 pm
tomsense76 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:43 pm Also if you go to your profile there is a section on the right called "User Statistics" under that there is a link that says "Search user’s posts"
That would also list your comments, in additional to the topics you originated. OP only wanted to see the latter (originating posts). One would need to go to advanced search to filter the results by author, then by topic titles only.
Ah that's fair. One could click the "Go to advanced search" from that page and tweak. Though maybe that is more complicated than just searching in the first place.
"Anyone who claims to understand quantum theory is either lying or crazy" -- Richard Feynman