Vanguard Admiral ETFs with Internaxx??

For residents of the United Arab Emirates.
Topic Author
chrismues

Vanguard Admiral ETFs with Internaxx??

Post by chrismues »

Quick question,

I am opening an account with Internaxx, and one of the ETFs I want to invest in is the Vanguard S&P 500 ETF. This has a Admiral Series version at TER 0.04%. Can I buy Admiral ETFs straight away through Internaxx at the relevant stock exchange, or will I first have to invest into a 'normal' ETF from Vanguard, and then call them and convert once I am over the threshold?

Thanks
TedSwippet

Re: Vanguard Admiral ETFs with Internaxx??

Post by TedSwippet »

chrismues wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:47 amI am opening an account with Internaxx, and one of the ETFs I want to invest in is the Vanguard S&P 500 ETF. This has a Admiral Series version at TER 0.04%.
Do you mean VTIAX? If so, then even if you could hold it -- and accessing it might be difficult -- it is something you would want to avoid like the plague. It is a US domiciled mutual fund, so carries all the horrible and nonsensical US tax baggage that a US domiciled ETF carries for non-resident aliens. You should stick firmly to Ireland or other non-US domiciled ETFs.
chrismues wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:47 amCan I buy Admiral ETFs straight away through Internaxx at the relevant stock exchange, or will I first have to invest into a 'normal' ETF from Vanguard, and then call them and convert once I am over the threshold?
I think you might have your wires crossed here. The only ETFs you will want to hold are from Vanguard's Ireland domiciled range, and there is no 'Admiral' or other differentiation here. 'Admiral' only applies to US domiciled Vanguard mutual funds, and these are things that as a non-US investor you would find both difficult to access and (if you could access them) a huge US tax nightmare.
Topic Author
chrismues

Re: Vanguard Admiral ETFs with Internaxx??

Post by chrismues »

ahhh you are right, forgot for a second :oops: