what is the best platform to invest in eu + how to buy sp500 in euro and not usd and based in Ireland and is Accumulatig

For investors outside the US. Personal investments, personal finance, investing news and theory.
Sister forums: Canada, Spain (en español)
---------------
Topic Author
Barak

what is the best platform to invest in eu + how to buy sp500 in euro and not usd and based in Ireland and is Accumulatig

Post by Barak »

what is the best platform to invest in eu ? (free and have fractional share) maybe one that do the tax auto for me if there is any app that do it auto..

how to buy sp500 in euro and not usd ? (i dont want to swap euro for usd evrey time)

etf thats based in Ireland and is Accumulatig..

thanks
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: what is the best platform to invest in eu + how to buy sp500 in euro and not usd and based in Ireland and is Accumul

Post by LadyGeek »

Welcome! What is your home country?

To help answer your question, we need a few details about your financial situation. May I suggest you post your portfolio information in this thread using the My portfolio: seeking advice format? It will make you think about the "big picture" while giving us the information we need to point you in the right direction.

If you have any questions, ask them here.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
michoco911

Re: what is the best platform to invest in eu + how to buy sp500 in euro and not usd and based in Ireland and is Accumul

Post by michoco911 »

Barak wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:33 am
how to buy sp500 in euro and not usd ? (i dont want to swap euro for usd evrey time)

etf thats based in Ireland and is Accumulatig..

thanks
Try VUAA on Deutsche Borse or Borsa Italiana.
This represents S&P500 accumulating in Euro and is domiciled in Ireland
60% VWRD 40% AGGG until further notice
hithere

Post by hithere »

SXR8/CSPX is another good option.

Keep in mind that the general recommendation for non-Americans is holding an all-world market-cap-weighted portfolio via something like VWCE, or a combination of DM and EM ETFs. The US stock market has outperformed the non-US one in the past few years, but it's not a given that it will continue doing so. In fact, it will likely reverse at some point, although nobody knows exactly when that will happen. So it's best to just hold a global portfolio and invest regularly instead of trying to predict the markets by overweighting recent winners.

As for the platform, many people here seem to be using Interactive Brokers, myself included. It has some fees, but it's a proven and reliable broker.