Please recommend accountant - Australian moving to Montenegro (ETF, LICs)

For investors outside the US. Personal investments, personal finance, investing news and theory.
Sister forums: Canada, Spain (en español)
---------------
Topic Author
LICinvestor

Please recommend accountant - Australian moving to Montenegro (ETF, LICs)

Post by LICinvestor »

Hi guys, 

Would you please recommend an accountant with the knowledge of international tax? I live in Australia and all my assets are in LICs so far with no international exposure. I'm planning to move to Montenegro (Europe) in future and i need someone who would be able to advise me on how different Australian and international ETFs will be taxed. This will likely affect the choice of ETFs i decide to invest in. 

I'm also a Montenegrin citizen. In order to diversify I'm planning to by a world stock index. At this stage, my very limited research points out to buying an Ireland domiciled world ETF as the best option.

Thanks 😀
Jaymover

Re: Please recommend accountant - Australian moving to Montenegro (ETF, LICs)

Post by Jaymover »

LICinvestor wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:16 am Hi guys, 

Would you please recommend an accountant with the knowledge of international tax? I live in Australia and all my assets are in LICs so far with no international exposure. I'm planning to move to Montenegro (Europe) in future and i need someone who would be able to advise me on how different Australian and international ETFs will be taxed. This will likely affect the choice of ETFs i decide to invest in. 

I'm also a Montenegrin citizen. In order to diversify I'm planning to by a world stock index. At this stage, my very limited research points out to buying an Ireland domiciled world ETF as the best option.

Thanks 😀
Nice problem to have. Montenegro is beautiful. I spent some time in Kotor and Budva back in 2002.

No Bogleheads Montenegro at this point. Good luck finding the right person. I imagine thousands of people have faced the same dilemma and you don't want to make a mistake. You might need to pay an expert but good to get some ideas off this site (people living international retirement lives) so you know what questions to ask during the expensive time with the expert.