Recommendations for Luxembourg [Assurance Vie]

For investors outside the US. Personal investments, personal finance, investing news and theory.
Sister forums: Canada, Spain (en español)
---------------
Topic Author
rjm_cali

Recommendations for Luxembourg [Assurance Vie]

Post by rjm_cali »

We're probably going to ring fence some long term investments in an Assurance Vie. Not for any tax purpose but purely for inheritance/estate planning reasons. We'll be tax resident and living in France but from what I have seen so far the Lux AVs seem to offer better fees and fund choices. I am open to be persuaded other wise but that's my research thus far. And yes I note the higher minimums.

Please note although currently UK-NUSC/UK-LTCG for the purposes of this assume we will be just UK citizens by the time we do this but resident for tax purposes in France.

Really looking for any thoughts and experience about an international AV.

Thanks
assyadh

Re: Recommendations for Luxembourg [Assurance Vie]

Post by assyadh »

You have pretty good AV in France (with all things considered) such as Linxea Spirit, Linxea Vie, Altaprofits ones etc..

The main benefit for a LUX AV is that they are not subject to the 'loi Sapin' which could freeze euro currency money market funds in the AV.
Topic Author
rjm_cali

Post by rjm_cali »

assyadh wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:44 am You have pretty good AV in France (with all things considered) such as Linxea Spirit, Linxea Vie, Altaprofits ones etc..
I've taken a further (albeit not systematic) look at some of the offering you mention. Coming from the US I think I am going to have to get used to the idea of higher fees and less choice than I'm used to. In an ideal world I'd have a brokerage style AV account and the ability to choose any Irish UCITS I'd care for. TBF only part of our portfolio is going into an AV so it's not the end of the world. Let the kids pay the fees :-)

I did have a further look at the Lux AV offerings - we need to mix my wife's mastery of french and my interest in finances to get the most out of them...
assyadh

Post by assyadh »

The fees are certainly higher than in the US. All in you would look at ~0.9% for an msci world etf in an AV