Norway: Financial discussion forums

For investors outside the US. Personal investments, personal finance, investing news and theory.
Sister forums: Canada, Spain (en español)
---------------
Topic Author
SeaScape

Norway: Financial discussion forums

Post by SeaScape »

Is there anyone else from Norway on this forum? If so, I was just wondering if you are aware of any reputable forums in Norway and in Norwegian that specifically discuss investment matters from a Norwegian perspective?
valleyrock

Re: Norway: Financial discussion forums

Post by valleyrock »

My great great grandfather emigrated from Bergen to the US. He was educated, which more or less prompts my suggestion to contact finance professors at some of the universities there and ask them. The younger professors might be the best bet, but who knows. Maybe if there are not such forums in Norway, one of them would start one. Or there might be one specific to Scandinavia, for example. Good luck.
IndexMike

Post by IndexMike »

Fellow Norwegian here!

I am looking for the same myself, but haven't been able to find one.

I'm sure we could start a discussion on here from a Norwegian perspective.

I've been trying to find the best Boglehead portfolio for investing in Norway for the past 6 months, and this is what I've landed on for now;
  • 60-70% KLP AksjeGlobal Indeks V
  • 15-20% KLP AksjeFremvoksende Markeder II
  • 15-20% KLP AksjeGlobal Small Cap Indeks II
I'm also investing a small part in KLP AksjeNorden Indeks to get some more exposure to the Nordic countries.

A fund I'm currently considering is KLP AksjeGlobal Small Cap Flerfaktor for it's tilt towards SCV.

For the bond part of the portfolio, the fund I've landed on for now is KLP Obligasjon 3 år. I don't know very much about bonds, but I've read that bonds with over 5 years have diminishing returns, and this fund seems to hit the sweet spot in regards to volatility and gains.

Thoughts about this portfolio?
Cheez-It Guy

Post by Cheez-It Guy »

Enjoy that Sovereign Wealth Fund!
deepvalleys

Post by deepvalleys »

Det fantes for noen år siden et forum som het pengevett som var bra med mange ulike problemstillinger. Lurer på hva som skjedde med det. Ellers vet jeg ikke om noen.

Jeg bruker også KLP sine indeksfond - enkelt og billig. Det som er et problem for oss i Norge er at ASK-kontoen ikke tillater obligasjonsfond, så man blir tvunget til å ha 100% aksjer. Se denne tråden hvor jeg tok opp det.
IndexMike

Post by IndexMike »

deepvalleys wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:17 am Det som er et problem for oss i Norge er at ASK-kontoen ikke tillater obligasjonsfond, så man blir tvunget til å ha 100% aksjer. Se denne tråden hvor jeg tok opp det.
Hvordan har du utført dette med obligasjoner da?
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

As a reminder, this is an English language board. We have many members who are native speakers of a language that is not English. Norwegian is one of many. English is a second language. To communicate with everyone world-wide, please post in English.

If you have difficulty posting in English, please post in English first (Google translate can help). Then, post in your native language.

==========================
deepvalleys wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:17 am Det fantes for noen år siden et forum som het pengevett som var bra med mange ulike problemstillinger. Lurer på hva som skjedde med det. Ellers vet jeg ikke om noen.

Jeg bruker også KLP sine indeksfond - enkelt og billig. Det som er et problem for oss i Norge er at ASK-kontoen ikke tillater obligasjonsfond, så man blir tvunget til å ha 100% aksjer. Se denne tråden hvor jeg tok opp det.
Google translate:
There was a forum a few years ago called money laundering that was good with many different issues. Wondering what happened to it. Otherwise I do not know of anyone.

I also use KLP's index funds - easily and cheaply. What is a problem for us in Norway is that the ASK account does not allow bond funds, so you are forced to have 100% shares. See this thread where I picked it up.
==================================
IndexMike wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:14 am
deepvalleys wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:17 am Det som er et problem for oss i Norge er at ASK-kontoen ikke tillater obligasjonsfond, så man blir tvunget til å ha 100% aksjer. Se denne tråden hvor jeg tok opp det.
Hvordan har du utført dette med obligasjoner da?
Google translate:
How did you do this with bonds then?
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
deepvalleys

Post by deepvalleys »

Ok. I used Norwegian only because this thread was aimed at Norwegian investors.

As I brought up here, the Nowegian ASK account doesn't allow bond funds. I hold no bonds at the moment - if I wanted to I'd have to hold them in a different (non tax-deferred) account.

I learned a lot from this forum, and while regulations are different in Norway we can still apply the same principles. We have access to good index funds, like the KLP index funds, which I use.
LadyGeek wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:42 am As a reminder, this is an English language board. We have many members who are native speakers of a language that is not English. Norwegian is one of many. English is a second language. To communicate with everyone world-wide, please post in English.
LFS1234

Post by LFS1234 »

"Det fantes for noen år siden et forum som het pengevett...."

Google translate:
"There was a forum a few years ago called money laundering..."
The correct translation for "pengevett" is almost certainly "money sense", not "money laundering".
deepvalleys

Post by deepvalleys »

Yes exactly.
I used to frequent a forum called "Pengevett". It was definitely not about money laundering!
Topic Author
SeaScape

Post by SeaScape »

deepvalleys wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:50 am
I learned a lot from this forum, and while regulations are different in Norway we can still apply the same principles. We have access to good index funds, like the KLP index funds, which I use.
Thanks. Based on the term "pengevett" I found a Google reference to a site called https://www.pengenett.com/ Not sure how credible it is though. If there were enough Norwegians on here, perhaps we could start our own?

For KLP funds -- don't you have to be eligible for a pension from KLP to purchase their funds? (KLP is the pension fund for many public employees)
IndexMike

Post by IndexMike »

If there were enough Norwegians on here, perhaps we could start our own?
How about a subreddit?
For KLP funds -- don't you have to be eligible for a pension from KLP to purchase their funds? (KLP is the pension fund for many public employees)
Nope. I don't have pension from KLP, and I primarily use KLP funds.
tomsense76

Post by tomsense76 »

LFS1234 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:14 am
"Det fantes for noen år siden et forum som het pengevett...."

Google translate:
"There was a forum a few years ago called money laundering..."
The correct translation for "pengevett" is almost certainly "money sense", not "money laundering".
deepvalleys wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:18 am Yes exactly.
I used to frequent a forum called "Pengevett". It was definitely not about money laundering!
FWIW suggested this alternative translation to Google. Agree that sounded weird.

This suggestion can also be made to Google by clicking the edit button next to the translated result to improve it.
"Anyone who claims to understand quantum theory is either lying or crazy" -- Richard Feynman
Polar_Ice

Post by Polar_Ice »

Where do you search the available mutual funds available in Norway and research them?

Anyone have a list of index funds in Norway?
Topic Author
SeaScape

Post by SeaScape »

I find them on the VPS portal that I access from my bank. It is labelled "fondstorget" But doesn't provide very good tools for comparing. Apart from this "Dine Penger" magazine lists their pick of funds every month. But these tend to be active. For passive funds I stick to the DNB or KLP Global index funds with lowest cost. I don't do active funds.
IndexMike

Post by IndexMike »

Polar_Ice wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:19 pm Where do you search the available mutual funds available in Norway and research them?

Anyone have a list of index funds in Norway?
Finansportalen has a list of funds: https://www.finansportalen.no/plassere- ... aksjefond/

You can also look them up on Morningstar.
Polar_Ice

Post by Polar_Ice »

Thanks,

What kind of account do you use to save for retirement? It looks like KLP is the preferred place for low cost index funds to open an account?

Is there an individual account option I can open that my employer can contribute to also?
Topic Author
SeaScape

Post by SeaScape »

You can direct your OTP "obligatorisk tjenestepensjon" (mandatory employment pension) to any vendor that you like. That is the law now. But I'm not sure if KLP permits OTP that is not from one of their member employees. You would need to call them to ask. The discussion here, at least for my part, has been about non-pension investments.