My 1st portfolio seeking advice

For investors outside the US. Personal investments, personal finance, investing news and theory.
Sister forums: Canada, Spain (en español)
---------------
Topic Author
cristianvr

My 1st portfolio seeking advice

Post by cristianvr »

Hi,

Country of Residence: Romania
International Lifestyle: Probably I'll stay in Romania
Currency: EUR
Emergency funds: yes
Debt: no
Desired Asset allocation:
76% EUNL
8% IS3N
8% IUSN
8% BVB BET index replication (11 stocks from 17)
I used the DCA from 6 months already (1.5k monthly)

Thank you,
jg12345

Re: My 1st portfolio seeking advice

Post by jg12345 »

Hi there,
Welcome!

please check out the bogle wiki, lots of good stuff there.

You would increase chances of getting replies if you say what you are thinking for your asset allocation without using ETF tickers, but spelling out full names (unless you expect the reader to go look for it)

equity allocation looks ok. Only note is that at 40-45 having 92% equity is quite aggressive but you know your risk tolerance better. I would still go at least 80 equity-20 bonds.

I am not sure what BVB BET is so I cannot comment on that.
tre3sori

Post by tre3sori »

What's your question?
cristianvr wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:05 pm 76% EUNL
8% IS3N
8% IUSN
translates to

76% EUNL iShares Core MSCI World UCITS ETF
8% IS3N iShares Core MSCI EM IMI UCITS ETF
8% IUSN iShares MSCI World Small Cap UCITS ETF

BVB The Bucharest Stock Exchange
BET Bucharest Exchange Trading
BET is the first index developed by BVB and represents the reference index for the local capital market. BET reflects the performance of the most traded companies on BVB’s regulated market, excluding financial investment companies (SIFs). It is a free float market capitalization weighted index, with the maximum weight of its components of 20%.
The main selection criterion is liquidity. Starting 2015, further criteria related to issuers’ transparency and quality of reporting and their communication with investors are also used for screening.
So I guess you replicate the BVB BET index with 11 individual stocks, which are probably everyday names in your country.
There is an ETF by Expat on BET that could make your life a bit easier: Expat Romania BET UCITS ETF, ISIN BGROBET05176

Nice portfolio with a local touch. Stay the course!
The information provided is intended to be entertaining. It is not to be construed as professional advice. Use it at your own risk.
jg12345

Post by jg12345 »

tre3sori wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:47 am What's your question?
cristianvr wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:05 pm 76% EUNL
8% IS3N
8% IUSN
translates to

76% EUNL iShares Core MSCI World UCITS ETF
8% IS3N iShares Core MSCI EM IMI UCITS ETF
8% IUSN iShares MSCI World Small Cap UCITS ETF

BVB The Bucharest Stock Exchange
BET Bucharest Exchange Trading
BET is the first index developed by BVB and represents the reference index for the local capital market. BET reflects the performance of the most traded companies on BVB’s regulated market, excluding financial investment companies (SIFs). It is a free float market capitalization weighted index, with the maximum weight of its components of 20%.
The main selection criterion is liquidity. Starting 2015, further criteria related to issuers’ transparency and quality of reporting and their communication with investors are also used for screening.
So I guess you replicate the BVB BET index with 11 individual stocks, which are probably everyday names in your country.
There is an ETF by Expat on BET that could make your life a bit easier: Expat Romania BET UCITS ETF, ISIN BGROBET05176

Nice portfolio with a local touch. Stay the course!
Thanks for clarifying the BVB BET, tre3sori!

I still suggest considering an asset allocation of 80-20 and more probably 70-30, but you are the only one who knows your risk propensity and financial goals. if you have indeed considered those allocations, and concluded that in your case 100-0 is the right allocation.

If you want to simplify more, you could either switch the BVB BET and small caps into EUNL/IS3N or switch all 4 into a FTSE all world or a MSCI ACWI etf. There is no strong consensus on keeping or not small caps, so you'd be ok either way.

Other than that, this looks good
Topic Author
cristianvr

Post by cristianvr »

Hi,

Thank you for your comments. Next posts will be more detailed. My wish after posting was to receive some tips related to my first stocks portfolio. What I received. Thanks.