VUAA & CSPX ETF Question (& clarification on IBKR)

For investors outside the US. Personal investments, personal finance, investing news and theory.
Sister forums: Canada, Spain (en español)
---------------
Topic Author
Joekh06

VUAA & CSPX ETF Question (& clarification on IBKR)

Post by Joekh06 »

Hello!
Trying to get advice as a non-US NRA (living in the UAE) - I am trying to get guidance on 2 Ireland-domiciled accumulating ETF options:

1. Vanguard's VUAA
2. Blackrock's iShares CSPX

My main questions are:

1. As far as expense ration is concerned they are equal.
2. Does volume traded make a difference? As that's where there is some difference between both.
3. Is there one that is better than the other seeing as they both seem to be very much equal?

If I look up CSPX (according to https://www.londonstockexchange.com/sto ... ge?lang=en), CSPX seems to be the ticker for the LSE traded ETF. However, if I look it up on Interactive Broker, I actually need to look up CSSPX to find the LSE ETF.

However, according to the iShares website (https://www.ishares.com/ch/individual/e ... f-acc-fund)
1. CSPX = London Stock Exchange (in USD)
2. CSSPX = Italian Stock Exchange (in Euros)

There is no CSSPX in LSE according to the website - so where is the discrepancy coming from on IBKR? Or am I missing something?

Thanks!
Joe
GregG3

Re: VUAA & CSPX ETF Question (& clarification on IBKR)

Post by GregG3 »

Go for VUAA tried and tested.
Topic Author
Joekh06

Post by Joekh06 »

Hi GregG3,
Not sure I follow on the tried and tested bit - VUAA has been around since May 2019, while CSPX has been around since May 2010.
Can you elaborate slightly :)
GregG3

Post by GregG3 »

VUAA is around since 2019 but its distributing counterpart VUSD has much longer history and they both closely track S&P500.