Vanguard FTSE All-World High Dividend Yield Acc

For investors outside the US. Personal investments, personal finance, investing news and theory.
Sister forums: Canada, Spain (en español)
---------------
Topic Author
NickG

Vanguard FTSE All-World High Dividend Yield Acc

Post by NickG »

Hello.

I'm using Interactive Brokers and I'm trying to find a way to buy Vanguard FTSE All-World High Dividend Yield UCITS ETF Accumulating (VGWE). The fund is listed in EUR on Deutsche Boerse but it doesn't appear to be available for trading on the platform.

EUR - Deutsche Boerse
ISIN: IE00BK5BR626
Exchange ticker : VGWE

https://www.vanguard.nl/portal/instl/nl ... /?overview
https://www.boerse-frankfurt.de/etf/van ... tf-usd-acc

The distributing version of the same fund (VHYL, ISIN: IE00B8GKDB10) is available in IB.

Are you able to buy the accumulating version of the fund if you're using Interactive Brokers or another broker?
And a second unrelated question - would you use this fund for value tilting instead of iShares Edge MSCI World Value Factor UCITS ETF (IWVL)?
Valuethinker

Re: Vanguard FTSE All-World High Dividend Yield Acc

Post by Valuethinker »

NickG wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:28 am Hello.

I'm using Interactive Brokers and I'm trying to find a way to buy Vanguard FTSE All-World High Dividend Yield UCITS ETF Accumulating (VGWE). The fund is listed in EUR on Deutsche Boerse but it doesn't appear to be available for trading on the platform.

EUR - Deutsche Boerse

https://www.vanguard.nl/portal/instl/nl ... /?overview
https://www.boerse-frankfurt.de/etf/van ... tf-usd-acc

The distributing version of the same fund (VHYL, ISIN: IE00B8GKDB10) is available in IB.

Are you able to buy the accumulating version of the fund if you're using Interactive Brokers or another broker?
And a second unrelated question - would you use this fund for value tilting instead of iShares Edge MSCI World Value Factor UCITS ETF (IWVL)?
Studies of past historical data suggest High Yield is a poor measure of Value vs. other measures such as Price/Book, P/Sales, P/ Cash Flow.

However one would also have to look at the comparison of holdings. In general, companies that are paying dividends are more likely to have strong financials than companies that are not (consider however that Royal Dutch Shell slashed its dividend by 2/3rds in 2020). So that might help, to an extent, avoiding some of the "Value Traps" - cheap companies that simply likely to go broke. On the other hand, stocks often have a high yield because the stock market is discounting a dividend cut.
Maple

Post by Maple »

NickG wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:28 am Hello.

EUR - Deutsche Boerse

It's the weekend, so I can't test this directly. But, your question is well-suited for direct submission to IB as a customer support message. Did you try that yet?
Topic Author
NickG

Post by NickG »

Maple wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:50 pm It's the weekend, so I can't test this directly. But, your question is well-suited for direct submission to IB as a customer support message. Did you try that yet?
I emailed my introducing broker and they just confirmed my observation. I'll try contacting IB next week.
Laurizas

Post by Laurizas »

Could not find it on IB either.
Topic Author
NickG

Post by NickG »

I checked this morning and the fund is available now.