tax estimator software: thank you to creator and to forum members who recommend

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
little_star

tax estimator software: thank you to creator and to forum members who recommend

Post by little_star »

I just finished my 2021 taxes and wanted to give a shout-out to https://www.mortgagecalculator.org/calc ... ulator.php which I used to estimate my taxes in advance and to double check my algebra now. This is the first year I ran into NIIT (too eager to exit a long-held position) and this application includes the relevant NIIT percentage. I also want to thank forum members who consistently recommend this specific web site for tax estimates, with the acknowledgement that its web address is somewhat misleading. I would have not known (or believed it was relevant) without your recommendations. Thank you! This is a great resource!
JazzTime

Re: tax estimator software: thank you to creator and to forum members who recommend

Post by JazzTime »

You can also do an easy tax estimation by opening last year's Turbotax, going to View Forms, type "what" in the search bar, then open the "What-If" form. You can copy the data from col 1 to col 2 by checking a box, then you can change the numbers in col. 2 to do your estimation. You can also check a box to apply this year's tax calculation. Easy peasy.
The difficulty with jazz is there are too many notes. (Borrowed from Emperor's critique in Amadeus)