Form 709 quick question

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
johnkgan

Form 709 quick question

Post by johnkgan »

Hi there,

I have a basic question: I am filling form 709. Schedule A seems to provide only 4 rows to list all the gifts along with the dates gifted, but I have gifted more than 4 times to the same person in 2021. Should I add the amounts gifted on different dates to somehow fit into 4 rows (in which case the dates of the gifts won't be accurate) or should I attach a separate sheet with the details of the gifts made along with their dates? Thank you so much for your answers!

Regards.
HueyLD

Re: Form 709 quick question

Post by HueyLD »

Take a look at the instructions for form 709 and it says:

“ If you need more space, attach a separate sheet using the same format as Schedule A.”

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i709.pdf
Topic Author
johnkgan

Post by johnkgan »

Thank you HeuyLD! You are so right, I missed seeing that instruction earlier.
Topic Author
johnkgan

Post by johnkgan »

Hi HeuyLD, Please confirm if I should just create an excel spread sheet with same columns as Schedule A or is there any Schedule A continuation sheet form available to fill ? Same question for filling Schedule B column C work sheet. Thank you.
HueyLD

Post by HueyLD »

johnkgan wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:21 pm Hi HeuyLD, Please confirm if I should just create an excel spread sheet with same columns as Schedule A or is there any Schedule A continuation sheet form available to fill ? Same question for filling Schedule B column C work sheet. Thank you.
If you use professional tax software, a continuation sheet can be generated via the software.

If you do it by hand, you can use an Excel spreadsheet to create a continuation sheet. Make sure the one you create has the same format as what’s in Fom 709. Here is an example of a continuation sheet:

http://trustsandestates.bbablogs.org/wp ... LE-709.pdf
Topic Author
johnkgan

Post by johnkgan »

Thank you very much HueyLD! That's super helpful info