Homeowners Labor on Insurance Claim

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
rivercrosser

Homeowners Labor on Insurance Claim

Post by rivercrosser »

Trying to wrap up my claim from a lightning strike a while back. It hit a tree and came in on my propane line. I've already gotten my money for the HVAC, refrigerator, well repair etc. Looks like the tree is dead so I'm turning it in on the same claim. The coverage limit is $750.00 on the tree. I had a landscape guy here today. Gave me an estimate of $1,200.00 to take it down and clean up, haul away or $500.00 to get on the ground. I plan on just letting him just get it on the ground because of a nearby power line and then do the cleanup myself. My brother-in-law's and I have everything we need to clean it up. They cut down trees around the farm and make firewood all the time. Insurance lady said to turn in our hours and any material, and they would pay whatever labor rate they have for my area. Anyone here ever turn in your own labor on a claim? What kind of rate would they pay in the midwest? I also had a couple hours rewiring the HVAC that I did myself. I guess I should turn that in also.