babysitting

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
Oh123

babysitting

Post by Oh123 »

DELETE
Last edited by Oh123 on Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dukeblue219

Re: FSA reimbursement for babysitting

Post by dukeblue219 »

Is this childcare for the purposes of the parent working or attending school? Otherwise a DCFSA isn't going to apply. Our DCFSA allows us to print a reimbursement form and have the provider sign the bottom attesting that the expenses listed are accurate.
Topic Author
Oh123

Post by Oh123 »

Yes, it is during the work hours. I have not seen any such reimbursement form at my employer's site yet. Probably, I should ask HR.
Big Heart

Post by Big Heart »

I did similar for awhile last year when childcare was closed. I created an invoice based on my verbal agreement with the caregiver and had her look it over and approve it. Then I submitted the invoice I had created, and was reimbursed without issue.

For your other question - we recently did have an issue on my community with a person who offered care through care.com. This person was allegedly abusive to the extent that the family felt it necessary to contact the police. When the parent reported the experience to a local parenting group, many parents came out of the woodwork saying that'd they'd expressed concerns to care.com over the years. The lesson I took from that is not to entirely rely on care.com screening - I would check references and I would be attentive to your own intuition, which I'm sure you already are.