Amex Extra 4% Cash Back Offer

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
safari

Amex Extra 4% Cash Back Offer

Post by safari »

I've been a lurker on this board for a while now and got a lot of valuable information from others. I decided to create an account today to share the information about the Amex offer, which I've taken advantage of and which I haven't seen mentioned here.

When you refer someone to apply for any Amex card, and that person gets approved, you will get an extra 4% cashback on all purchases for the next 3 months (up to a total of $25K spent). I have a Cash Magnet card, which comes with 1.5% cashback, so with this offer I am getting a total of 5.5% cashback. I referred my wife, who got approved for the same Cash Magnet card, and she will also get $200 after spending $2,000 in the first 6 months. Since then, I've been putting everything on my Amex card, and already raked in closed to $1,000 in cash back. I even paid my property taxes with Amex, even though I'd normally never do that because the county charges 2.2% fee for paying taxes with a credit card; however, considering the 5.5% cash back, I am basically reducing my tax liability by 3.3%. Pretty sweet!

I believe this offer is available for other Amex cards that earn reward points instead of cash back. You will just be getting an extra 4 reward points on every purchase and the same terms will apply.

To get the referral link, you will need to login into your Amex account and look for the offer below.