WSJ - I Spent 44 Years Studying Retirement. Then I Retired. - David Ekerdt

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
DavidW

WSJ - I Spent 44 Years Studying Retirement. Then I Retired. - David Ekerdt

Post by DavidW »

I found this interesting article on WSJ about a researcher who studies retirement/aging and now, he himself has retired (a year and half). He is reflecting from the experience and perspective.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/44-years-s ... 1634913113

Probably most of the items have been mentioned by others on this board here but it is interesting to hear it from a person who did this for a living....

If you have time, check out the comments following the article. There seems to have nuggets of good info as well.
Last edited by DavidW on Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sc9182

Re: WSJ - I Spent 44 Years Studying Retirement. Then I Retired. - David Ekerdt

Post by sc9182 »

Duplicate post ?
wootwoot

Post by wootwoot »

Do you have a link that isn't behind a paywall?
Flyer24

Post by Flyer24 »

This thread has run its course and is locked (not personal nor actionable). General comment threads are off topic in the forums with "Personal" in the title. See: A reminder that non-investing general comment threads are OT
- It must be personal. In other words, you must be asking about your own situation. You can also ask on behalf of someone specific, such as a family member.

- It must be actionable. You must be able to do something specific with the replies that will make a difference in your situation.
If you have a specific question, please ask directly and provide sufficient information for members to supply appropriate advice.