H&R Block 2021 software offer

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: H&R Block 2021 software offer

Post by LadyGeek »

Amazon did indeed end Thursday's sale at $22.49 early Friday morning. The current price is now $22.50 for Deluxe + State .

(Bogleheads.org referral code added.)
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
donaldfair71

Post by donaldfair71 »

jminer1 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:10 am
donaldfair71 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:37 am
MA405 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:06 am Amazon Prime card offers 20% cash back for that item.
Whoa, mine is showing the 5% still.

If they show me 20% cash back by using my card, that’ll do it, I’ll just buy today.

The 20% back for using your Amazon Prime credit card is limited to the physical code by mail version.

Here's a link to the physical code version (Deluxe + State):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09FQ ... =UTF8&th=1

Same price, $22.49, but also 20% back with Amazon Prime credit card, plus if you choose super saver shipping, you get a $1 digital credit too.
Thanks, bought last night and snagged the credit!
dodecahedron

Post by dodecahedron »

LadyGeek wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:33 am Amazon did indeed end Thursday's sale at $22.49 early Friday morning. The current price is now $22.50 for Deluxe + State .

(Bogleheads.org referral code added.)
Amused by this 1 cent increase in the PC & Mac download versions of the software. Penny saved is penny earned, as they say--glad I ordered mine yesterday! :D

Note that the Code by Mail version (which was even cheaper than 22.49 yesterday due to additional discounts for those who were willing to defer gratification and wait for vicissitudes of postal delivery) has fully reverted to Amazon's "standard" price of $44.99. :confused

Economists have been scratching their heads over optimal pricing dynamics for many decades.
dodecahedron

Post by dodecahedron »

Interesting observation:

The 2013 versions of both Block & Turbotax software sold by Amazon came with a bonus of 10% if you took part or all of your refund in the form of Amazon giftcards. That seemed like a great deal at the time and lots of us (including moi) took advantage of that offer.

However, nowadays the Block Deluxe plus State offer for refunds taken in form of Amazon gift cards is only 3% bonus, which is hardly worth it, since many of us have credit cards that can get 5% or 5.25% off Amazon purchases, rebates we would forgo if we used giftcards purchased with the 3% refund bonus.

The TurboTax counterpart does not even seem to bother with any kind of Amazon gift card bonus these days.
Topic Author
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

I just installed my copy and found an interesting sales technique while completing the basic Personal Information section.

The screen is titled "Let's get the legal stuff out of the way". At a glance, it looks like the legal disclaimer which allows H&R Block to manage your return information. Fill it out and move on? Nope. Stop and look closer. The notice starts with legal consent.

(checkbox) I consent to the disclosure of my information to H&R Block Personalized Services, LLC.

Then, an imposing legal introduction.
Important information
By agreeing, you authorize H&R Block* to disclose to H&R Block Personalized Services, LLC all your 2021 tax return info...
Read further.
You understand that if you do not consent you may not see valuable advertisements, products, or services.
I thought that was hilarious.

I had moved to H&R Block because the ads inside TurboTax were overly intrusive. I hope H&R Block doesn't follow suit.

"No, thanks".

FYI - The next software update will be January 3, 2022. The state tax returns will also be issued on that date. Go to "State" and enter your email address to be notified.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
dodecahedron

Post by dodecahedron »

LadyGeek wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:27 am I just installed my copy and found an interesting sales technique while completing the basic Personal Information section.

The screen is titled "Let's get the legal stuff out of the way". At a glance, it looks like the legal disclaimer which allows H&R Block to manage your return information. Fill it out and move on? Nope. Stop and look closer. The notice starts with legal consent.

(checkbox) I consent to the disclosure of my information to H&R Block Personalized Services, LLC.

Important information
By agreeing, you authorize H&R Block* to disclose to H&R Block Personalized Services, LLC all your 2021 tax return info...
Read further.
You understand that if you do not consent you may not see valuable advertisements, products, or services.

I had moved to H&R Block because the ads inside TurboTax were overly intrusive. I hope H&R Block doesn't follow suit.

"No, thanks".
Thanks for this heads up! I don't need more promotional spam in my mailbox!
Tubes

Post by Tubes »

LadyGeek wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:27 am I just installed my copy and found an interesting sales technique while completing the basic Personal Information section.

Important information
Read further.

"No, thanks".

FYI - The next software update will be January 3, 2022. The state tax returns will also be issued on that date. Go to "State" and enter your email address to be notified.
Thanks for the head's up.

I'm installing right now. So just to be clear:
- The actual installer will ask you to proceed after you agree to the real legal mumbo jumbo that all programs have and describes your rights regarding defects, copying, etc.
- Once the program is running, the first screen you get is "Help us Personalize Your Experience" . The next screen is as LadyGeek describes, so press the handy "No Thanks" button.
criticalmass

Post by criticalmass »

Important information
Read further.

"No, thanks".
Thanks for the heads up. I am curious if you "authorize H&R Block to disclose," will H&R Block share your tax return information as you enter and save it on your machine?
Or do they wait until you e-file a return to share your tax return data? At least there is an opt-out, but it really should be opt-in if it is there at all. This seems like a data mining bonanza for H&R Block and everybody they sell your data to.
jebmke

Post by jebmke »

criticalmass wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:59 pm This seems like a data mining bonanza for H&R Block and everybody they sell your data to.
This is the business model of most of the tech industry.
Don't trust me, look it up. https://www.irs.gov/forms-instructions-and-publications
montanagirl

Post by montanagirl »

HRB has all sorts of financial gimcracks and geegaws it tries to sell its clients.

I did tax prep for them a few years and the worst upsell was an IRA deducted from your refund and put in an online bank account. Which nobody in their client base was interested in doing and I sure wouldn't recommend.

That sales campaign lasted exactly one season.
nalor511

Post by nalor511 »

montanagirl wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:29 pm HRB has all sorts of financial gimcracks and geegaws it tries to sell its clients.

I did tax prep for them a few years and the worst upsell was an IRA deducted from your refund and put in an online bank account. Which nobody in their client base was interested in doing and I sure wouldn't recommend.

Too bad that one didn't catch hold, not enough regular people contribute to IRAs
Newaygo

Post by Newaygo »

Years ago H&R Block had the "Community" where users would post questions and others would answer. The questions could be technical or tax reporting. H&R Block had moderators. If there was a bug in the software, you could post it on the site. It was very helpful. It was similar to Turbo Tax's Community/Support. Alas, H&R Block got rid of it. I asked on H&R Block's Facebook page what happened to it. The moderator had never heard of it.

I now use Turbo Tax Community/Support which is very good. If you haven't used it, you should take a look. You can get all your tax questions answered. The moderators have expert tax knowledge.
Longdog

Post by Longdog »

<snip>

I noticed the same thing. Somewhere in all that legalese it said that they are legally prohibited from conditioning your usage of all features of the program on your acceptance of that personalization (a.k.a., marketing) nonsense.

I thought it was funny that they asked for your email, so that you could be notified when it’s January 3. If you send me your email address I, too, can remind you when it’s January 3. I think they are just looking for another seemingly innocuous way to get your email address (outside of the e-filing process) so that they can send you marketing emails.
Steve
nalor511

Post by nalor511 »

Longdog wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:19 pm

<snip>

I noticed the same thing. Somewhere in all that legalese it said that they are legally prohibited from conditioning your usage of all features of the program on your acceptance of that personalization (a.k.a., marketing) nonsense.

I thought it was funny that they asked for your email, so that you could be notified when it’s January 3. If you send me your email address I, too, can remind you when it’s January 3. I think they are just looking for another seemingly innocuous way to get your email address (outside of the e-filing process) so that they can send you marketing emails.
They do this part every year, email when state is ready. They also email you when your taxes are accepted by the IRS. Take off your tinfoil hat :D
moneyflowin

Post by moneyflowin »

All tax software steal your info. This is the most valuable financial info any company could ask for, and you're voluntarily providing it. How much easier could it be for them? Even your bank doesn't have this much information about you.

That's why I use my firewall to block outgoing connections for tax software, and then paper file. The only time I unblock the connection is to do software updates.

It's another reason why you should not use online tax filing as well
meebers

Post by meebers »

Just for grins, tried an order with AZ tonight and to my surprise, I think it is the cheapest yet. I live in a State that does not require a state return.

H&R 2021 Deluxe $17.50
Courtesy Credit -$5.00
Tax $0.00

Order Total $12.50 :sharebeer
sandan

Post by sandan »

meebers wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:10 pm Just for grins, tried an order with AZ tonight and to my surprise, I think it is the cheapest yet. I live in a State that does not require a state return.

H&R 2021 Deluxe $17.50
Courtesy Credit -$5.00
Tax $0.00

Order Total $12.50 :sharebeer
Nice. My surprise was an offer for $5 credit for purchasing a $50 amazon card.
meebers

Post by meebers »

Forgot to ask, what is this AZ "3% refund bonus" thingie :confused
nalor511

Post by nalor511 »

meebers wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:17 pm Forgot to ask, what is this AZ "3% refund bonus" thingie :confused
If you are due a tax refund, and you elect to receive it as an Amazon credit, they will add 3% to it. You are better off taking your refund in cash and buying an Amazon gift card via one of the discounted avenues
gtaylor

Post by gtaylor »

[...]
Yes, they've had this dark pattern for the past year or two. There are also a few places in the interview proper where there are upsells to the premium software attached to the normal big green button, with the real continue/next button being just a text link.

Altogether it's barely evil compared to a lot of things. I'd rank the tax industrial complex's congressional lobbying as a far worse problem.

Mostly I just wish the state efiles were free. I've got 5, and it's ridiculous that it costs half as much to file certified mail on paper. Not the worst regulatory failure in our world, but still annoying.
montanagirl

Post by montanagirl »

nalor511 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:31 pm
montanagirl wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:29 pm HRB has all sorts of financial gimcracks and geegaws it tries to sell its clients.

Too bad that one didn't catch hold, not enough regular people contribute to IRAs
I know, right? That's exactly what most these people need to do, especially single earners with decent income, but not with Block's internet bank du jour.

But we couldn't give financial advice so I couldn't tell them about Vanguard or target funds and it's like talking to the wall anyway. The lack of interest, the level of ignorance is enormous but we were not supposed to educate them at the tax desk.

In five years I had two clients who were interested in retirement vehicles, one from India and one from the Philippines.

Besides, now everyone knows someone who "lost everything" in the Great Recession, something something stock market, so that's out. Cash out that 401k between jobs etc.

I mean I could go on about this...
dodecahedron

Post by dodecahedron »

montanagirl wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:21 am
nalor511 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:31 pm

I know, right? That's exactly what most these people need to do, especially single earners with decent income, but not with Block's internet bank du jour.

But we couldn't give financial advice so I couldn't tell them about Vanguard or target funds and it's like talking to the wall anyway. The lack of interest, the level of ignorance is enormous but we were not supposed to educate them at the tax desk.

In five years I had two clients who were interested in retirement vehicles, one from India and one from the Philippines.

Besides, now everyone knows someone who "lost everything" in the Great Recession, something something stock market, so that's out. Cash out that 401k between jobs etc.

I mean I could go on about this...
The IRA product that HR Block was pushing on their retail brick & mortar customers some years back was a notoriously BAD investment, with high fees that exceeded the amount of interest earned by the account. So bad, in fact, that the NY Attorney General filed a nationwide lawsuit on behalf of the hapless customers who DID invest, resulting in a settlement in which Block agreed to refund up to $19.4 million in fees!

The HR Block download software product, which a number of Bogleheads (including me) use, is excellent. The ancillary products historically sold to their in person brick & mortar customers, not so much, e.g., Refund Anticipation Loans.
wannabeteacher

Post by wannabeteacher »

I bought deluxe from Newegg for Mac for 17.49.and received product key and download links for Mac and below it for exe. The links are in black and white and not blue even when the hand symbol comes up. I am afraid to click in the email.

Is it OK or should I do it some other way and how
Thanks
Topic Author
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Login to your Newegg account, then view your Order History. The right side has a drop-down list --> View Digital Orders (select Software if it doesn't show up).

I don't have any recent orders to confirm this approach, but that should work.
dukeblue219

Post by dukeblue219 »

nalor511 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:49 pm
meebers wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:17 pm Forgot to ask, what is this AZ "3% refund bonus" thingie :confused
If you are due a tax refund, and you elect to receive it as an Amazon credit, they will add 3% to it. You are better off taking your refund in cash and buying an Amazon gift card via one of the discounted avenues
For that matter, you're better off just taking the cash and buying your items with the Amazon Prime 5% Chase Visa.
Tubes

Post by Tubes »

LadyGeek wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:51 am Login to your Newegg account, then view your Order History. The right side has a drop-down list --> View Digital Orders (select Software if it doesn't show up).

I don't have any recent orders to confirm this approach, but that should work.
I have a recent order, just tried it, and you are exactly correct.
wannabeteacher

Post by wannabeteacher »

Thanks. I downloaded through Newegg and finished registration and License. Didn't encounter customize experience and No Thanks
grabiner
Advisory Board

Post by grabiner »

nalor511 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:14 pm You can only see the full forms (easily, maybe there's *some* way, but I couldn't see it) *after* you've filed. If you're running scenarios, you want to see what happens on certain forms, not just the final "tax".
And that is a more serious issue than just running scenarios. Checking the forms while working on my taxes has allowed me to find several bugs in the tax software, and catch data entry errors when some total was wrong.
Wiki David Grabiner
nalor511

Post by nalor511 »

grabiner wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:06 am
nalor511 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:14 pm You can only see the full forms (easily, maybe there's *some* way, but I couldn't see it) *after* you've filed. If you're running scenarios, you want to see what happens on certain forms, not just the final "tax".
And that is a more serious issue than just running scenarios. Checking the forms while working on my taxes has allowed me to find several bugs in the tax software, and catch data entry errors when some total was wrong.
Me too, HRB 2015, I remember thee well
masteraleph

Post by masteraleph »

Cybermonday special! Amazon has H&R Block 2021 at 50% off right now for download versions- Deluxe for $17.50, Deluxe w/State for $22.50, Premium for $30, Premium & Business for $40. These are basically the lowest prices that the 2020 versions went for on Amazon at any point, so no real reason to wait if you tend to buy from Amazon.
ray.james

Post by ray.james »

masteraleph wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:03 am Cybermonday special! Amazon has H&R Block 2021 at 50% off right now for download versions- Deluxe for $17.50, Deluxe w/State for $22.50, Premium for $30, Premium & Business for $40. These are basically the lowest prices that the 2020 versions went for on Amazon at any point, so no real reason to wait if you tend to buy from Amazon.
excellent! thanks for sharing. I ordered mine.
When in doubt, http://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=79939
tuningfork

Post by tuningfork »

Cyber Monday deal at Newegg: HR Block 2021 Deluxe + State bundled with Microsoft Office 365 Family 15 months for $69.98. Regular price for 12 months of Office 365 is $99. You can consider this a huge discount for Office 365 with HR Block thrown in for free. If you already subscribe to Office 365 this will extend your current subscription.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDea ... klink=true
spammagnet

Post by spammagnet »

Important information
Read further.

"No, thanks".

Most users won't know that but I suspect you could withdraw consent after the fact to make the noise stop.
mikep

Post by mikep »

Is anyone able to activate the amazon by mail code yet? I tried and get an error: "There was an unexpected error processing this activation code".
StoopieHippo

Post by StoopieHippo »

mikep wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:04 am Is anyone able to activate the amazon by mail code yet? I tried and get an error: "There was an unexpected error processing this activation code".
I downloaded and was able to activate immediately.
mikep

Post by mikep »

My code by mail had an "unexpected error".
Called HR Block, they sent me another code, that didn't work since it was too "new".
They tried sending a download code, the website didn't load after registering information.
Tried with another download code, escalated to tier 2 support and then I had to get off the phone after 40 minutes.
Today the download code worked.
Strange.
MA405

Post by MA405 »

I purchased code by mail version from Amazon and was able to use it on the s/w download page at the activation link in the packet.
First submission of the form resulted in the above mentioned error message. For the 2nd submission I hand typed my email address in the "confirm email" field (originally copied/pasted it). Don't know if that actually had anything to do with anything, but the 2nd submission attempt went through and took me to the download.
After installing the s/w had to activate it again within software with the same activation code, just like the CD or download version. Didn't have any issues there.
Mudpuppy

Post by Mudpuppy »

I'll have to keep an eye out for the next round of deals on the mailed code. Although I doubt I'll have two years in a row of them accidentally mailing me more codes than I ordered, I still prefer to have the physical paper with the activation code on it in hand.
RetiredAL

Post by RetiredAL »

I bought and downloaded from NewEggg on Turkey Day, same as I did last year.

I had zero validation issues using the emailed code.
Tubes

Post by Tubes »

I did the package deal from Newegg of HRB Tax and Microsoft Family 365.

No problems activating both either. The Msoft deal just extended my current Msoft Personal 365 well into 2023. It was a fantastic Turkey Day deal.
Surfcaster

Post by Surfcaster »

I don't need state. I have never paid more than $9.95 for Deluxe. Just bought a copy at $9.95 from their web site. At $9.95 it is not worth it for me to look further for a couple of dollars cheaper. You can get Federal deluxe plus state for $19.95 there now.
dodecahedron

Post by dodecahedron »

Surfcaster wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:37 pm I don't need state. I have never paid more than $9.95 for Deluxe. Just bought a copy at $9.95 from their web site. At $9.95 it is not worth it for me to look further for a couple of dollars cheaper.
When you say "Just bought a copy at $9.95 from their web site," whose website are you talking about? Block? I have never seen Block's website offer Deluxe for $9.95. Block website is currently offering Basic (Fed only) for $19.95, $10 off their regular list of 29.95. Block Deluxe Fed Only is offered at $34.95, again $10 off regular list.
You can get Federal deluxe plus state for $19.95 there now.
Block's website is currently charging $44.95 for Fed Deluxe plus State ($10 off their regular list of 54.95)

Edited to add: after further searching, I found this sketchy-looking site offering the prices you mentioned. It is clearly not the official HR Block site.

I am pretty careful about where I buy my tax software. Who knows what malware might be added in when purchasing downloaded software from unknown vendors. You are typing sensitive financial information into your tax software. Not worth it to save a few bucks. I will be sticking with reputable vendors.
Lyrrad

Post by Lyrrad »

dodecahedron wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:52 pm
Edited to add: after further searching, I found this sketchy-looking site offering the prices you mentioned. It is clearly not the official HR Block site.
I'm pretty sure that, despite the name, the gethrblock.com link is legitimate since it seems to be used for activation of the 2020 software purchased from legitimate sellers.

If you look at the product images at NewEgg, Best Buy or Amazon for the 2020 version of the software, you'll see an image that uses the gethrblock.com domain.

It does look like they changed the website for 2021 activations of keycards to activate.hrblock.com, based on this Amazon listing.

Edited to add:
The 2021 Windows version that I just purchased and downloaded from that domain uses a certificate for HRB Digital LLC, the same name as the 2020 and 2019 versions that I obtained from NewEgg and another retailer. The signature appears to be used slightly differently than 2020, but both are issued by Digicert.
Surfcaster

Post by Surfcaster »

dodecahedron wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:52 pm
Surfcaster wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:37 pm I don't need state. I have never paid more than $9.95 for Deluxe. Just bought a copy at $9.95 from their web site. At $9.95 it is not worth it for me to look further for a couple of dollars cheaper.
When you say "Just bought a copy at $9.95 from their web site," whose website are you talking about? Block? I have never seen Block's website offer Deluxe for $9.95. Block website is currently offering Basic (Fed only) for $19.95, $10 off their regular list of 29.95. Block Deluxe Fed Only is offered at $34.95, again $10 off regular list.
You can get Federal deluxe plus state for $19.95 there now.
Block's website is currently charging $44.95 for Fed Deluxe plus State ($10 off their regular list of 54.95)

I am pretty careful about where I buy my tax software. Who knows what malware might be added in when purchasing downloaded software from unknown vendors. You are typing sensitive financial information into your tax software. Not worth it to save a few bucks. I will be sticking with reputable vendors.
Of course a couple of hours after I bought at $9.95 I found out there was a $4.95 deal going on for Federal Deluxe.

The gethrblock.com is an official site. It is not a sketchy site. I have bought this way ever since the iso method ended. Always go the purchase page then open a new tab. A "last chance" offer comes up lowering the price by an additional $5. Note that this year, for some reason, opening a new tab to get the last chance offer only worked with edge with me. Previous years it always worked fine using Chrome.

It is all in the hunt. Wish I would have waited a few more hours.
DNeal

Post by DNeal »

After reading multiple pages of this thread it seems the vast majority use H&R Block. I have been a Turbo Tax user for decades.
Has anyone made the switch from TT to H&R and what did you like about H&R over TT other than the price?
tj

Post by tj »

DNeal wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:05 am After reading multiple pages of this thread it seems the vast majority use H&R Block. I have been a Turbo Tax user for decades.
Has anyone made the switch from TT to H&R and what did you like about H&R over TT other than the price?
There isn't anything to like about HRB over TT other than the price. i switched to HRB some years ago because it's cheaper.
TVBogle

Post by TVBogle »

Surfcaster wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:17 am Note that this year, for some reason, opening a new tab to get the last chance offer only worked with edge with me. Previous years it always worked fine using Chrome.
I used Firefox and was able to get the Deluxe + State $14.95 deal by following the instructions here: https://slickdeals.net/f/15494641-h-r-b ... tructions?

To clear the cookies at https://gethrblock.com in Firefox:
Open Application Menu (top right corner) > More tools > Web Developer Tools > Storage > Expand items in left panel: Cache Storage, Cookies, Index Db, Local Storage, Session Storage > Select and Delete (right-mouse click) data under https://gethrblock.com > Refresh webpage
There might be a simpler way but the above steps worked for me.
Sammyshanker

Post by Sammyshanker »

I was able to purchase H&R Block Premium (download version) for $29.99 this morning from Newegg.com using this from Slickdeals. It includes one state and five Federal efiles. I am a long time TurboTax user. I already installed the software, and I really like the layout and the price.

https://slickdeals.net/f/15490144-h-r-b ... rchV2Algo1
nalor511

Post by nalor511 »

TVBogle wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:59 am
Surfcaster wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:17 am Note that this year, for some reason, opening a new tab to get the last chance offer only worked with edge with me. Previous years it always worked fine using Chrome.
I used Firefox and was able to get the Deluxe + State $14.95 deal by following the instructions here: https://slickdeals.net/f/15494641-h-r-b ... tructions?

To clear the cookies at https://gethrblock.com in Firefox:
Open Application Menu (top right corner) > More tools > Web Developer Tools > Storage > Expand items in left panel: Cache Storage, Cookies, Index Db, Local Storage, Session Storage > Select and Delete (right-mouse click) data under https://gethrblock.com > Refresh webpage
There might be a simpler way but the above steps worked for me.
I bought Deluxe+State for $15 as well ($16.xx after tax). Good deal. Still hoping to get TT for free from Fido for once, but $16 is a good price to see if both produce the same numbers, and if not, where I went wrong with my input :thumbsup :thumbsup
Topic Author
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

DNeal wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:05 am After reading multiple pages of this thread it seems the vast majority use H&R Block. I have been a Turbo Tax user for decades.
I switched from TurboTax to TaxAct several years ago. Basically, I got sick of all the in-product advertising. At the time, TaxAct was a much cheaper and straight-forward product, so I switched to TaxAct.

A few years later, TaxAct raised their price. I decided to take a chance with H&R Block. The company has been around for quite some time and is known for taxes. I was pleasantly surprised to see a clean interface that basically, looked like a tax return. Everything was where I expected it to be. I had no problems going between the Forms and Interview modes. I've been with H&R Block ever since.