Verizon up to $1,000 per phone trade-in promotion experience

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
hoofaman

Verizon up to $1,000 per phone trade-in promotion experience

Post by hoofaman »

Does anyone know how long Verizon will continue to offer the current trade-in promotions they are offering now, and if this promotion can be used on multiple phones?

For example, I own an Iphone 11 Pro Max and Verizon will offer me $1,000 if I upgrade to an Iphone 13 Pro Max which after accounting for the trade-in credit will only cost me $99. My current phone works fine, but the faceID camera stopped working last year so I have been having to use PinCodes which is annoying, thus the motiviation to upgrade and for $99 it seems worth while to resolve this problem and upgrade the device at the same time.

I was wondering if this promotion has an end date? Do I need to act right now?

Also can I use this same discount on multiple phones on my account?

From reading the details, it appears that the trade-in promotion is split into 24 monthly credits applied to our bill, which is fine. This seems to be the only drawback as if you leave Verizon you would lose these credits, however I have no desire to leave Verizon.

What isn’t clear to me are the risks of Verizon reducing the appraisal after the transaction has completed. I’m sending them the device and then they decide what to offer me for it after they have it and the transaction is complete. The phone itself works fine, but the FaceID does not work, so I am not sure how much they will reduce the value of the phone because of this.

Anyone with recent experience using this promo would be appricatiated
vfinx

Re: Verizon up to $1,000 per phone trade-in promotion experience

Post by vfinx »

I can't speak to this promotion or Verizon specifically, but we also had an an old iphone with a broken face id sensor. When we tried to trade it in with Apple, they reduced the value significantly (which we still accepted). I was hoping they would be too lazy to even open up the box we mailed in, but I guess they do take the time to hook it up to their diagnostic tool. There was no visible sign of damage so they must have had to check it.

Some promotions do explicitly state that broken phones are ok. That tends to be with non-iphones though, but you may want to check the terms.
obgraham

Post by obgraham »

sorry - double post
Last edited by obgraham on Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
obgraham

Post by obgraham »

In my experience, Verizon uses these promos mainly to lock you in for an additional 24 months of service. The two times I have done this, they honor their agreement and don't change things after the deal is made.
On the other hand they bombard you with calls, messages, and emails to re-sign, starting the day after you sign up.
So if you can live with the 2 year commitment, I see no major downside.
hoffse

Post by hoffse »

I did this recently with an iPhone 8 trade in. The promo said I would get up to $750 (pending appraisal) and it did in fact appraise for $750. I received periodic emails from them updating me.

It took a couple billing cycles for the credit to appear on my statement, but it has now appeared and all is good. The salesperson was careful to let me know I would not see the credit until the second or third billing cycle.
ilisira

Post by ilisira »

I has done these promotions multiple times over the years, and last year they still had one over new year’s (I bought my phone at the end of November). Having said that, the promotions usually change during year. They were appraising 2020 iphone SE’s for $1,000 up until Thursday, and now it is $800 (same with iPhone X). I’d say if you like the offer, go for it. I have a newer phone, but bought new phones for the rest of the family over the weekend. Definitely works for more than one line in the account.
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

In my experience if the phone is not in good working order (and yours is not) they will reduce the trade in value. By how much, who knows. And yes the credit is doled out over 24 months. Depending on the plan you have, they may force you to move to a different (read: more expensive) plan with a new device, since often when you upgrade you are told you are on a "legacy" plan that no longer exists. Part of the shell game. I recently went in to change my service to unlimited data, and they told me if I did I would not longer get my corporate discount (18% off per month) because it can't be used for unlimited plans.

Verizon is just slightly above Comcast on my list of evil corporations. YMMV.
rhoms33

Post by rhoms33 »

Can be used on multiple phones, I ordered two 13 Pro's and got $1k each off both 11 Pro's I'm trading.

Taxes + upgrade fee's only for $2k of new phones? Couldn't pass that up.

If you're device is damaged you select that during the process, and they will give you an estimate that corresponds to the depreciated value.
GaryA505

Post by GaryA505 »

I did some of these these promos until I realized that I was really paying the full price, or more, over the 24-month contract. It's just a sales trick, but it works.
Get most of it right and don't make any big mistakes. All else being equal, simpler is better. Simple is as simple does.
Dottie57

Post by Dottie57 »

I have verizon prepaid, so no new iPhone for me.
startwithtruth

Post by startwithtruth »

Does anyone have experience with using the trade-in promotion while remaining in a grandfathered (post-paid) Verizon plan? If I'd be required to switch to one of the current post paid plans, not sure I'd be interested.
BruDude

Post by BruDude »

startwithtruth wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:19 pm Does anyone have experience with using the trade-in promotion while remaining in a grandfathered (post-paid) Verizon plan? If I'd be required to switch to one of the current post paid plans, not sure I'd be interested.
Pretty sure you have to switch plans because the new phones are 5G and the grandfathered plans are all 4G as far as I'm aware...
Luke Duke

Post by Luke Duke »

startwithtruth wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:19 pm Does anyone have experience with using the trade-in promotion while remaining in a grandfathered (post-paid) Verizon plan? If I'd be required to switch to one of the current post paid plans, not sure I'd be interested.
I'm sure that the promo requires you to enroll in one of their current unlimited plans.
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Just checked under my account and yes, the rebate on the new iPhones requires an upgrade to Unl service, or $50/mo. (for three lines).
texasfight

Post by texasfight »

I am about to swap out our 2 iphone 11 pros for 13 pros, and our SE gen 2 for a new iphone 13 mini.

Pretty incredible deal. You need to jump on these when you get the chance (especially if you are a current verizon customer), cause you just add phone equity that you get to trade in for more down the road. In 2 years I may be getting to trade in my 13 pro for a 15 pro, etc.

You don't want to pass up a free upgrade cause down the road you end up with a phone with no trade in value.
bgvg

Post by bgvg »

Verizon may still offer a discount on a new phone if you’re willing to commit to a two-year contract. You will specifically have to ask for this option as it’s not advertised.

This could be helpful if you want to keep your existing plan without having to pay more for the new and required unlimited plans.

You can sell your old phone somewhere and get a discount on the new one through Verizon. In my case, I usually give my old phone to my parents or relatives.

Last time I asked about this was a few years ago in the Apple store so maybe it’s no longer option, but it was a couple of years after Apple started its iPhone Upgrade Program and Verizon switched to no-contract plans. I think the discount was about $400.
drekce

Post by drekce »

I did this on Friday for three phones on my plan. My daughter has a four year old iPhone X with a cracked screen and I got $800 trade in value for it. Two others were iPhone 11s. Total $2400 in credit for three iPhone 13s ($2400 pre tax). Killer deal.

One note though is that they are actually spreading the trade in credit over 30 months, so this is a 2.5 year lock. I have no intentions of changing providers, so no big deal for me.
Paradise

Post by Paradise »

You are at their mercy on valuation because you won’t get the confirmation until after the return window has expired. I haven’t had any problems yet… I’ve been honest about the condition and got the expected amount.

I think your worst case scenario is you ask for your phone back, pay off the new phone, sell it for a slight discount and terminate your contract. Maybe $100 wasted?
50% VTI | 20% VXUS | 20% BND | 10% QQQ
rage_phish

Post by rage_phish »

GaryA505 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:08 pm I did some of these these promos until I realized that I was really paying the full price, or more, over the 24-month contract. It's just a sales trick, but it works.
How so?
vfinx

Post by vfinx »

Looking at the Verizon terms, it seems to state explicitly that damaged phones are okay as long as it is not battery damage.

"Trade in an old or damaged phone free of battery damage (i.e. swelling, leaking or too hot to touch)."

Sounds like a great deal for those that have damaged phones.
snackdog

Post by snackdog »

I looked into it but couldn’t made the numbers work. I am on a Verizon unlimited prepaid plan for $50/mo. To trade my phone in for $1000 I would need to change to a contract of $80/mo for at least two years.
BH Consumer FAQ: | Car? Used Toyota, Lexus or Miata. | House? 20% down and 3x salary. | Vacation house? No. | Umbrella? $1 million. | Goods? Costco.
pbjzyxuzpf

Post by pbjzyxuzpf »

I did the same but going from Verizon to ATT to bundle my internet

$700 credit towards phone (this is over 36 months bill credit)
$200 credit (bill credit over 20 months)
$100 visa giftcard

The gotcha is in the extended deferment which I'm fine with. I think they've done the math that there's a % that switch in two years, some that don't use a giftcard, etc.

For me, the credits were a plus as I'm cutting my $80/month Verizon plan down to $56 for comparable plans (unlimited + hotspot)
ohboy

Post by ohboy »

Is there a list of Verizon eligible plans?

I have the "Start" Unlimited plan but am not sure if this would qualify me for the trade-in.
Topic Author
hoofaman

Post by hoofaman »

drekce wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:59 pm I did this on Friday for three phones on my plan. My daughter has a four year old iPhone X with a cracked screen and I got $800 trade in value for it. Two others were iPhone 11s. Total $2400 in credit for three iPhone 13s ($2400 pre tax). Killer deal.

One note though is that they are actually spreading the trade in credit over 30 months, so this is a 2.5 year lock. I have no intentions of changing providers, so no big deal for me.
Thanks, good to hear.

My concern with this program was the lack of upfront appraisal and I was worried that after I send in my phone they would tell me that because FaceId wasn't working the phone is worth $0 and I have no option to request the device to be returned to me.
Topic Author
hoofaman

Post by hoofaman »

snackdog wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:07 am I looked into it but couldn’t made the numbers work. I am on a Verizon unlimited prepaid plan for $50/mo. To trade my phone in for $1000 I would need to change to a contract of $80/mo for at least two years.
Interesting, I’m not sure why that is. In our case we have 3 phones on an unlimited plan, total cost per month is $150 which seems like the same rate you are currently paying.

Are you sure your not looking at the new cost per month of a new financed device without factoring in the discount? On the page there is a tab that says “full retail price” and then after you select your trade in device it gives you the net upfront cost to pay for the upgrade, there should be no changes to your bill (as far as I know)
startwithtruth

Post by startwithtruth »

BruDude wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:36 pm
Pretty sure you have to switch plans because the new phones are 5G and the grandfathered plans are all 4G as far as I'm aware...
It looks like my grandfathered plan "MORE Everything® Unlimited Talk, Text & 15GB" supports 5G; under plan features, it says:
Premium data: 5G Nationwide / 4G LTE

Am I misunderstanding?
ilisira

Post by ilisira »

startwithtruth wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:39 am
It looks like my grandfathered plan "MORE Everything® Unlimited Talk, Text & 15GB" supports 5G; under plan features, it says:

Am I misunderstanding?
Unfortunately they are specifically limiting this promotion to three of their newest unlimited plans: “play more”, “do more”, and “get more” unlimited. They are eligible for $1,000 trade in. The start unlimited is limited to $300, and just kids is not eligible at all.
startwithtruth

Post by startwithtruth »

ilisira wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:44 am

Am I misunderstanding?
Unfortunately they are specifically limiting this promotion to three of their newest unlimited plans: “play more”, “do more”, and “get more” unlimited. They are eligible for $1,000 trade in. The start unlimited is limited to $300, and just kids is not eligible at all.
I'm sure you're right about needing to switch plans to get in on the trade in promo; I was just clarifying that (at least some) grandfathered plans support 5G.
drekce

Post by drekce »

startwithtruth wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:29 am

Am I misunderstanding?
I'm sure you're right about needing to switch plans to get in on the trade in promo; I was just clarifying that (at least some) grandfathered plans support 5G.
There is one small nuance to this. The grandfathered unlimited plans support only regular 5G. The new plans support UWB as well. In reality that doesn't mean much unless you spend time in very specific locations in certain cities, but it is a difference.
bloom2708

Post by bloom2708 »

It may be a "good deal" but buying the phone outright and switching to a $15 or $20 Mint Mobile plan would save a lot of money over the long haul..Even the $30 unlimited plan (35GB) would save money over the long haul.

With 2 referrals my Mint bill was $40 for the year for the 10GB plan. Not too shabby. I just bought my iPhone 12 direct from Apple unlocked.

$829 + $40 (with 2 $100 referrals) for the whole year.
startwithtruth

Post by startwithtruth »

drekce wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:27 am
startwithtruth wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:29 am

Am I misunderstanding?
There is one small nuance to this. The grandfathered unlimited plans support only regular 5G. The new plans support UWB as well. In reality that doesn't mean much unless you spend time in very specific locations in certain cities, but it is a difference.
Thanks for clarifying, drekce, I had no idea. Someday we'll upgrade to phones that support 5G and will need to decide whether to stick with this plan.
new2bogle

Post by new2bogle »

bloom2708 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:39 am It may be a "good deal" but buying the phone outright and switching to a $15 or $20 Mint Mobile plan would save a lot of money over the long haul..Even the $30 unlimited plan (35GB) would save money over the long haul.

With 2 referrals my Mint bill was $40 for the year for the 10GB plan. Not too shabby. I just bought my iPhone 12 direct from Apple unlocked.

I think it would have to be 3+ years for mint mobile to come out ahead, well in my case. I need 4 lines so mint mobile ($25x2 + $15x2 - two adults + two kids) comes out to $960/year.

Verizon 4 line plan is $45/line = $180 (I get a corporate discount which essentially takes care of the taxes/fees). That comes out to 2160/year, but I get 4 new phones. So over two years that I must stay with Verizon, I pay an extra $2400 but don't have to pay $3,200 for 4 new iphones (assuming each is $800). Beginning year 3 I can switch to mint until the iphone 20 comes out or whatever.

Am I missing something here? If I am and Mint is cheaper, I'll have to switch to Mint.
Chuckles960

Post by Chuckles960 »

I use Google Fi not just because it is cheaper, but because it charges the same rate for data ($10/GB) in almost any country, making phone use during international travel almost seamless. Calls and SMS do cost extra but not prohibitively so for occasional use.

Plus, data-only SIMs can be requested at no additional charge and used on family members' phones---those phones will not have normal phone calls and SMS, but can run Skype, WhatsApp, etc., which works fine for our purposes.

Verizon, AT&T etc had (last I looked) obnoxious charges for using the phone anywhere other than N. America, and until recently they overcharged you even in Mexico and Canada. Plus this business of free-or-discounted phones to lock you into high monthly rates is basically a scam. Of course "unlimited" data sounds nice, but it may be instructive to check your bills and see how little mobile (non-wifi) data you actually use.
texasfight

Post by texasfight »

Also FYI the verizon visa card is a must have IMO for the autopay discount applied to each line.

Saves me $40 a month. Not to mention 4% on gas and grocery and the $100 bonus
ilisira

Post by ilisira »

Chuckles960 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:17 pm I use Google Fi not just because it is cheaper, but because it charges the same rate for data ($10/GB) in almost any country, making phone use during international travel almost seamless. Calls and SMS do cost extra but not prohibitively so for occasional use.

Plus, data-only SIMs can be requested at no additional charge and used on family members' phones---those phones will not have normal phone calls and SMS, but can run Skype, WhatsApp, etc., which works fine for our purposes.

Verizon, AT&T etc had (last I looked) obnoxious charges for using the phone anywhere other than N. America, and until recently they overcharged you even in Mexico and Canada. Plus this business of free-or-discounted phones to lock you into high monthly rates is basically a scam. Of course "unlimited" data sounds nice, but it may be instructive to check your bills and see how little mobile (non-wifi) data you actually use.
I had used Google Fi for international travel in the past (due to service coverage, I can’t switch from Verizon when not traveling), and in my last couple of trips, I had used international eSIM providers, and they are great. Would recommend to check them out, if the main reason for Fi usage is about roaming
Topic Author
hoofaman

Post by hoofaman »

texasfight wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:39 pm Also FYI the verizon visa card is a must have IMO for the autopay discount applied to each line.

Thanks for the heads up on this, We have 3 lines, soon to be 4, so the card could be compelling even if only used for the monthly subscription discount of $10 per line

Right now we get $5 discount per line for autopay for ACH, does this Verizon card discount of $10 per line stack with this for a total of $15 off per line if you use it for autopay?
Topic Author
hoofaman

Post by hoofaman »

In the checkout screen, the trade-in kit text says the I will have 15 days to ship back my current phone, the problem is that the Iphone 13 Pro Max is pre-order, so it might arrive before then, or it might not.

Does anyone know if the 15 day count down on trade-in starts when you actually get your phone? Or does it start when you click order?
TropikThunder

Post by TropikThunder »

hoofaman wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:14 am
snackdog wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:07 am I looked into it but couldn’t made the numbers work. I am on a Verizon unlimited prepaid plan for $50/mo. To trade my phone in for $1000 I would need to change to a contract of $80/mo for at least two years.
Interesting, I’m not sure why that is. In our case we have 3 phones on an unlimited plan, total cost per month is $150 which seems like the same rate you are currently paying.

Are you sure your not looking at the new cost per month of a new financed device without factoring in the discount? On the page there is a tab that says “full retail price” and then after you select your trade in device it gives you the net upfront cost to pay for the upgrade, there should be no changes to your bill (as far as I know)
Single line plans are more expensive; the cost per line drops as you add lines eg, $80 for 1, $120 for 2, etc.
TropikThunder

Post by TropikThunder »

rage_phish wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:02 pm
GaryA505 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:08 pm I did some of these these promos until I realized that I was really paying the full price, or more, over the 24-month contract. It's just a sales trick, but it works.
How so?
Yeah it doesn’t add to “more than full price” for me. I got a new 12 Pro Max a couple months ago (feels old already!!) when I traded in my 8 Plus. After upfront sales tax of $120, I will pay $15/mo for 24 months ($360) for a $1,200 phone.
Iphone5

Post by Iphone5 »

Traded a damaged iPhone XS and DW iPhone X a few months back. We each received full credit $700 plus $300 MasterCard gift card for my wife switching over from ATT to my Verizon family plan.

I am paying $6 extra a month for a then new iPhone 12. $6 x 24 months = $144 +77 in taxes. I am already part of a Verizon family plan with other family members.

DW Old ATT plan: $33 x 24 months = $792
Verizon family plan including new iPhone 12 Pro Max: $60 x 24 months = $1440 - $300 (gift card) = $1140

So she is essentially paying $398 for a new then iPhone 12 Pro Max retailed at around $1,100.

Not a bad deal.
bloom2708

Post by bloom2708 »

new2bogle wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:54 pm
bloom2708 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:39 am It may be a "good deal" but buying the phone outright and switching to a $15 or $20 Mint Mobile plan would save a lot of money over the long haul..Even the $30 unlimited plan (35GB) would save money over the long haul.

I think it would have to be 3+ years for mint mobile to come out ahead, well in my case. I need 4 lines so mint mobile ($25x2 + $15x2 - two adults + two kids) comes out to $960/year.

Verizon 4 line plan is $45/line = $180 (I get a corporate discount which essentially takes care of the taxes/fees). That comes out to 2160/year, but I get 4 new phones. So over two years that I must stay with Verizon, I pay an extra $2400 but don't have to pay $3,200 for 4 new iphones (assuming each is $800). Beginning year 3 I can switch to mint until the iphone 20 comes out or whatever.

Am I missing something here? If I am and Mint is cheaper, I'll have to switch to Mint.
Two things.

Did you factor in the value of your phones you are trading in?

For year one on Mint you will get three referrals. Line 1 signs up. Refers line 2. Line 2 refers line 3. Etc. Referral amounts fluctuate.

Maybe the difference is inside a margin that doesn’t make sense to switch. They do make it hard. No doubt.

I also like on Mint I can “launch” a kid that is ready to fly the nest. Each line is individual. But you can family group while in the nest.
Topic Author
hoofaman

Post by hoofaman »

bloom2708 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:38 am
new2bogle wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:54 pm

Two things.

Did you factor in the value of your phones you are trading in?

For year one on Mint you will get three referrals. Line 1 signs up. Refers line 2. Line 2 refers line 3. Etc. Referral amounts fluctuate.

Maybe the difference is inside a margin that doesn’t make sense to switch. They do make it hard. No doubt.

I also like on Mint I can “launch” a kid that is ready to fly the nest. Each line is individual. But you can family group while in the nest.
Unfortunatly Mobile Phone Service Providers are not a commodity yet.

Mint uses T-Mobiles network, so one can’t compare Mint’s pricing to a different service provider like Verizon. While Mint/T-Mobile might work great for some people, others may not have acceptable levels of coverage. My personal experience with T-Mobile was that it didn’t have any signal all in my neighborhood (which is annoying but not a huge issue because I use WiFi calling), and coverage in places I frequented was hit and miss. Also the cost difference between T-Mobile/resellers of T-Mobile like Mint were not really that much different from others ($10-$15 a month?) to justify downgrading the level of service so significantly. T-Mobile/Mint might be great for some people depending on where they live and go, but it didn’t work for me.
Dnar

Post by Dnar »

hoofaman wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:05 pm In the checkout screen, the trade-in kit text says the I will have 15 days to ship back my current phone, the problem is that the Iphone 13 Pro Max is pre-order, so it might arrive before then, or it might not.

Does anyone know if the 15 day count down on trade-in starts when you actually get your phone? Or does it start when you click order?
My email says this, note the "after you have received your new device":
Please complete the following steps within 15 days after you have received your new device.
bloom2708

Post by bloom2708 »

hoofaman wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:25 am Unfortunatly Mobile Phone Service Providers are not a commodity yet.

Mint uses T-Mobiles network, so one can’t compare Mint’s pricing to a different service provider like Verizon. While Mint/T-Mobile might work great for some people, others may not have acceptable levels of coverage. My personal experience with T-Mobile was that it didn’t have any signal all in my neighborhood (which is annoying but not a huge issue because I use WiFi calling), and coverage in places I frequented was hit and miss. Also the cost difference between T-Mobile/resellers of T-Mobile like Mint were not really that much different from others ($10-$15 a month?) to justify downgrading the level of service so significantly. T-Mobile/Mint might be great for some people depending on where they live and go, but it didn’t work for me.
I think you should check again with T-Mobile coverage.

1-2 years ago our entire tri-state area had scant coverage.

Now, we have 5G over the entire area. Rural and urban. I was with Cricket for 3 years (AT&T) and Mint/T-mobile has just trounced AT&T for 5G and overall coverage strength. If this is the case in podunkville, I would say that bodes quite well for other areas.

I had dismissed any T-Mobile or MVNO for years, but I decided to check again.

Things do change and quite quickly.

Your mileage may vary. I know many people who will stick with Verizon and their $250/$300 bills for life and they do not care if they can save money. I'm fine with that actually. Save a whole bunch. Spend the rest on whatever you like. :moneybag
texasfight

Post by texasfight »

hoofaman wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:15 pm
texasfight wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:39 pm Also FYI the verizon visa card is a must have IMO for the autopay discount applied to each line.

Thanks for the heads up on this, We have 3 lines, soon to be 4, so the card could be compelling even if only used for the monthly subscription discount of $10 per line

Right now we get $5 discount per line for autopay for ACH, does this Verizon card discount of $10 per line stack with this for a total of $15 off per line if you use it for autopay?
No.

Card earns you 2% cash back on said verizon bill at least.
serbeer

Post by serbeer »

texasfight wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:27 am
hoofaman wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:15 pm

No.

Card earns you 2% cash back on said verizon bill at least.
But so does Citi Doublecash -- 2% on everything
Wannaretireearly

Post by Wannaretireearly »

Signed up thru work plan for an iPhone 13 pro max 💪.
Only caveat is I have to switch from att to Verizon!!
“At some point you are trading time you will never get back for money you will never spend.“ | “How do you want to spend the best remaining year of your life?“
masrepus

Post by masrepus »

randdusing wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:50 am
hoofaman wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:05 pm In the checkout screen, the trade-in kit text says the I will have 15 days to ship back my current phone, the problem is that the Iphone 13 Pro Max is pre-order, so it might arrive before then, or it might not.

Please complete the following steps within 15 days after you have received your new device.
Yes, same with mine. I traded in three damaged phones on this deal and the new phones were back ordered. The replacement shipping boxes were sent immediately. A few weeks later I received the new phones, transferred stuff, forgot to send in phones, got an email from Verizon a few weeks later to send in damaged phones. Good part about this deal is they take damaged, as long as not battery damage. My phones had cracks, and one didnt even boot fully. Got full credit. A different return to Apple was reduced heavily. That phone did have a crack on back which I thought I had put into the estimate gui, but I guess not.
Dnar

Post by Dnar »

masrepus wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:00 pm
randdusing wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:50 am

Yes, same with mine. I traded in three damaged phones on this deal and the new phones were back ordered. The replacement shipping boxes were sent immediately. A few weeks later I received the new phones, transferred stuff, forgot to send in phones, got an email from Verizon a few weeks later to send in damaged phones. Good part about this deal is they take damaged, as long as not battery damage. My phones had cracks, and one didnt even boot fully. Got full credit. A different return to Apple was reduced heavily. That phone did have a crack on back which I thought I had put into the estimate gui, but I guess not.
I just noticed that the return instructions/envelope that came with the new phones say "You have 30 days from the date of purchase to trade in your old phone", so a bit of mixed instructions from their side.
jharkin

Post by jharkin »

BruDude wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:36 pm
We are in a 2GB fixed data plan. No promotion unless I switch us to the unlimited which would add $100 a month to our billl :oops:

Bummer as we have an 11Pro and a 12Pro and I'd gladly take a free upgrade.... but not worth it to pay all that money for data we never use (90% of the time we are in locations with wifi).