power of attorney for 401(k)/403(b) acct.?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
Chuckles960

power of attorney for 401(k)/403(b) acct.?

Post by Chuckles960 »

Fidelity has all kinds of information about financial PoAs for regular and IRA accounts, but warns that the downloadable forms are not for 403(b) accounts. There is nothing about 403(b) accounts on the web.

I know I can call and wait on hold for 30min (Fidelity Netbenefits has no secure messaging), but I thought I might get more expert information here about whether PoAs are possible for 403(b) accounts; if not, why not; and if there is some special terminology or procedure I should be aware of. Googling didn't yield much.

Many thanks!
ResearchMed

Re: power of attorney for 401(k)/403(b) acct.?

Post by ResearchMed »

Search on "How to Grant Full Authority 403b" and then you'll need to log in.

I found this using Google, btw, but Fidelity has a chat search window, which is what I ended up using.

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.
dbr

Post by dbr »

it's probably just like the easy to find form at Fidelity for transferring assets between Fidelity and other brokers but is not to be used to transfer between Fidelity accounts, a different form that I found harder to find. I think I was able to track it down by Googling for how to transfer between Fidelity accounts. Seems the POA form is similarly plagued.
Topic Author
Chuckles960

Post by Chuckles960 »

I had to call and talk to Fidelity Netbenefits. They are sending me a form by US Mail. To their credit, they did offer to fax it, so apparently they have invested in the latest technology.