Locating a life insurance policy [via the executor of an estate]

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
Determined

Re: Locating a life insurance policy [via the executor of an estate]

Post by Determined »

My lawyer is going to find representation in Las Vegas for my son’s interests.
galawdawg

Post by galawdawg »

Determined wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:20 am My lawyer is going to find representation in Las Vegas for my son’s interests.
That sounds like an excellent approach. Hope everything works out as best it can under the circumstances.
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

Determined wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:20 am My lawyer is going to find representation in Las Vegas for my son’s interests.
That’s great. Let us know how it turns out for you and your children.
Retired life insurance company financial executive who sincerely believes that ”It’s a GREAT day to be alive!”
Topic Author
Determined

Post by Determined »

I spoke with an attorney who specializes in Nevada probate and estate law. Basically if the estate is under $100,000 it does not probate, the will is disregarded, and the minor child inherits. That’s entirely possible, but we also have no idea what bills he has plus reimbursements to the executor. If needed, I can hire the attorney to monitor the probate process.

I spoke to the executor so he and I are on the same page. Everything important is going into storage in Vegas until he gets the okay from probate. He had no idea he was executor until he got the call.