Citi trust Services??

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
s64s

Citi trust Services??

Post by s64s »

Hi, I am one of 4 beneficiaries of a trust with Citi Trust Services named as successor trustee. My mother was the original trustee and recently passed away. Question: Is there an outside chance that anyone reading this knows for a fact that Citi does or does not offer trustee services to trusts held outside of Citibank? Nobody that I or Morgan Stanley has been able to contact there for the past 10 days does that's for sure. Its looking like we will need to get an order to appoint a new successor trustee so these funds can be distributed. This is kind of a last ditch effort to contact them before writing them off. This trust was formed 20 years ago and maybe they did offer that service then but not now? The attorney that originated the trust has retired 4 yrs ago and closed his office so no help there. Thanks for any input, hope this was posted in the right place!