Turbotax: How to enter PA NRK-1?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
turnturnturn

Turbotax: How to enter PA NRK-1?

Post by turnturnturn »

I'm a CA resident who had income from a Pennsylvania estate in 2020. I received a K-1 (Form 1041), which I entered in the Federal -> Wages & Income -> Business Items -> Schedules K-1 topic. I also received a PA Schedule NRK-1. I assume that means I need to file a nonresident PA tax return, is that right? Do I enter the NRK-1 information in the Federal Taxes section or in the State Taxes section of Turbotax?

I have another K-1 as well, this one a Form 1065 from a publicly traded partnership. I entered this K-1 in the Federal "Schedules K-1" topic. I noticed that for this other K-1, in the State Taxes section for Pennsylvania, if I "Update" the "Income and Adjustments" section, I eventually get to a screen that says: "Schedule K-1 Income. Your return contains one or more Schedules K-1. You'll need to enter certain information from your Pennsylvania Schedules RK-1 (or NRK-1) in addition to the information you entered on your federal return from your federal K-1s." But I only get the chance to enter that PA-specific information for this K-1 Form 1065, not for the K-1 Form 1041 from the estate.
martincmartin

Re: Turbotax: How to enter PA NRK-1?

Post by martincmartin »

If you add a PA return in TurboTax, then when you go through the PA section in TurboTax, when it comes to the K-1 section it will ask for the PA-specific numbers. Just copy them from your PA NRK-1.