help with Google sheets

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
cruisefan

help with Google sheets

Post by cruisefan »

Morning everyone. I was hoping to get a little help with Google sheets.
First, I'm using the formulas on this thread, viewtopic.php?t=141547
The share prices come out fine eventually for the G fund, C fund and VTSAX. The problem is when I open the sheet the prices may be one or two days old, then immediately update to the correct price. Even now at 11:00 am Tuesday when I open the sheet VTSAX is showing 106.82 , which is Thursdays closing. It will immediately update to 106.94, which is yesterdays price. This won't stick however. I close/open, close/open and it keeps repeating. I'm afraid it will mess up the tracking formula I use, which is question 2.

Second question. I am also using this formula. viewtopic.php?t=307678
This works great. It took me a few hours of googling to figure out how to make the new date always show on top at row 4, with all rows moving down each time. What I cant figure out is how to show 3 cells in a row. For example I would like the values in A59, B59, and C59 (total balance, TSP balance, Vanguard balance) on my portfolio sheet to copy over to the history sheet (which I renamed daily if that matters), The single cell script as written by the OP in that thread works perfectly.

Any insight would be much appreciated
Thank You