Quicken for Mac Users - Best Alternative

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
Markwhy

Quicken for Mac Users - Best Alternative

Post by Markwhy »

After using Quicken for Mac for 15+ years, I gave up and started looking for an alternative. It took 4+ years of trying all the alternatives but couldn't find anything superior to QM2007. I refused to cave into the expensive subscription model for the newer QM versions that weren't as good as QM2007. I tried every Mac compatible alternative mentioned on Bogleheads and elsewhere.

FINALLY, I found something that matches or beats QM2007 in every way and has a one time cost of only $50 with no other fees of any kind. Also, it has excellent responsive support from the developer. There is a free 30-day trial too.

That App is called SEE Finance 2. It's available on the MacOS App Store, for those of you who don't want to risk downloading malware apps via the internet. Or you can buy it directly from https://scimonocesoftware.com. Same price either way.

As of 1/23/21, it's currently on sale for $40.

Things I like about it:

1) Low purchase price, no recurring costs of any kind.
2) Excellent support, including welcoming suggestions for new features.
3) One of the most well written examples of Mac app software I've ever used
4) It imported my 20 years of Quicken data quickly and with minimal errors. I completed my transition in less than 30 minutes, not including time spent later fine-tuning to take advantage of features that Quicken didn't have.
5) Does both investment tracking (imports transactions and downloads security prices) and income/expense tracking (banks, credit cards) - just like Quicken
6) It stores my data file on my computer, not on someone else's cloud server, using MacOS built-in encryption. You can store it on a cloud server, if you choose to.
7) Supports Direct Connect or QFX or QIF imports, no extra fees for any of that.
8) Lots of graphs and custom report features
9) Lots of flexibility on custom tags that you can use to create custom reports
10) Excellent and super-fast search capabilities when you are looking for prior transactions
11) It doesn't do Bill Pay, but I don't care since all my banks offer that for free anyway.

After 2+ years of using See Finance 2, there is only one minor thing I don't like about SeeFinance 2 and that is that when you export your reports to a spreadsheet formatted file, it includes a lot of columns that you may not want and you have to manually delete them every time. It's not a big deal and I've suggested to the developer that he add an option to select what columns you do or don't want in your export.

Why am I writing this? Because I spent years getting helpful suggestions from Bogleheads for Quicken Mac alternatives for Mac users like me who were looking for competent alternatives. I got many helpful suggestions, none of which really worked out for me. I hope this post will help users out there find a better and/or less costly App to help them manage their investments and personal finances.
Watts

Re: Quicken for Mac Users - Best Alternative

Post by Watts »

Thanks. I currently use Banktivity 7, but will likely be looking for alternatives given Banktivity‘a switch to a subscription model. Will keep see finance in mind.
douginct

Post by douginct »

Can one print checks with See Finance? I used to use Quicken on a pc. Switched to Mac a few years ago and eventually gave up on Quicken. I have a stack of checks for Quicken that I’d love to use.
Topic Author
Markwhy

Post by Markwhy »

No, See Finance does not print checks or perform Bill Pay. It is primarily for tracking investment accounts, banking accounts and income/expenses (with budgeting).

Here's the page that summarizes its features:

https://scimonocesoftware.com/products/ ... tures.html
Topic Author
Markwhy

Post by Markwhy »

Watts wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:39 pm Thanks. I currently use Banktivity 7, but will likely be looking for alternatives given Banktivity‘a switch to a subscription model. Will keep see finance in mind.
I did try Banktivity a couple years ago before learning about SeeFinance2. I almost went with Banktivity, but couldn't get comfortable or proficient with it before the trial period ended. I had a much better experience with SeeFinance2 and I'm very happy with it.
dallasjava

Post by dallasjava »

Markwhy wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:41 pm
Watts wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:39 pm Thanks. I currently use Banktivity 7, but will likely be looking for alternatives given Banktivity‘a switch to a subscription model. Will keep see finance in mind.
I did try Banktivity a couple years ago before learning about SeeFinance2. I almost went with Banktivity, but couldn't get comfortable or proficient with it before the trial period ended. I had a much better experience with SeeFinance2 and I'm very happy with it.
There is some talk about See on the banktivity subreddit. I do not like the new subscription model of Banktivity; however, the syncing between computers is important for me so my wife can get see our finances with Banktivity.
Topic Author
Markwhy

Post by Markwhy »

I'm not an expert on that particular aspect and you could contact the SeeFinance2 developer to ask for his advice. However, here's one suggestion I can think of.

If you keep your SeeFinance data file stored on a server, such as iCloud, in a shared folder and you install SeeFinance on both of your computers, then you either of you should be able to open the file and see everything. So there is nothing to "sync" between two computers since you would both be seeing or modifying a shared data file. In one sense, a shared data file may be a better solution that trying to keep two computers in sync. On the other hand, if your internet access is down then you won't have access to your file (unless you keep a mirror copy on your computer at all times).

SeeFinance does also have an iOS App that works with the data file (when stored on iCloud or another server). I tried that App too, but I don't find it to be very useful. I think it's mainly for entering daily transactions from an iPhone or iPad. It's nowhere near the feature set of the MacOS app.
obgraham

Post by obgraham »

douginct wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:38 pm Can one print checks with See Finance? I have a stack of checks for Quicken that I’d love to use.
What for? I had a box of 500 or so. But their usefulness evaporated. Shredded!
2Scoops

Post by 2Scoops »

I've been with Banktivity/ibank for well over a decade. Will be reviewing other options in the coming months. Appreciate the writeup on See!
UpperNwGuy

Post by UpperNwGuy »

Anyone here use Moneydance? It was supposedly designed for Mac users.
douginct

Post by douginct »

Markwhy wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:38 pm No, See Finance does not print checks or perform Bill Pay. It is primarily for tracking investment accounts, banking accounts and income/expenses (with budgeting).

Anyone know of a Mac program I could use to print Quicken compatible checks?
dallasjava

Post by dallasjava »

douginct wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:58 am
Markwhy wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:38 pm No, See Finance does not print checks or perform Bill Pay. It is primarily for tracking investment accounts, banking accounts and income/expenses (with budgeting).

Banktivity has check printing on the gold subscription option.
HAF-VA

Post by HAF-VA »

UpperNwGuy wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:51 am Anyone here use Moneydance? It was supposedly designed for Mac users.
I use MoneyDance. It is a great program. The looks are not flashy (its a Java program that is cross platform) but who needs flashy. I need it fast and I need something robust. I also didn't like Quicken keeping all my login credentials on their servers so they could provide web access.
lstone19

Post by lstone19 »

UpperNwGuy wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:51 am Anyone here use Moneydance? It was supposedly designed for Mac users.
I use Moneydance as well. It does what I need it to do. But I don't do any linking to banks as I use the transactions I've input to reconcile to banks (including credit cards) - linking and importing defeats that as then you're just taking the bank at their word.

My only complaints are:
1) the import from Quicken years ago left a lot of garbage that is mostly hidden out of view (I created an account called "Quicken Import Baggage" and then made all the "garbage" accounts the import process created sub-accounts of that "Quicken Import Baggage" account which is set hidden)
2) the iOS app which works with your main data file (via Dropbox) does not display investment accounts
3) the Dropbox files mentioned in 2 appear to keep growing until I ran out of Dropbox space. Had to turn off Dropbox syncing, delete the files (they're hidden files to MacOS so you have to know how to view hidden files), and the turn syncing back on to recreate them without the garbage that had accumulated
UpperNwGuy

Post by UpperNwGuy »

lstone19 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:14 am I use Moneydance as well. It does what I need it to do. But I don't do any linking to banks as I use the transactions I've input to reconcile to banks (including credit cards) - linking and importing defeats that as then you're just taking the bank at their word.
Yep, that's how I use it, too.
beyou

Post by beyou »

I used to use Quicken long ago but switched to Mac as well.

I also found that I wanted safe remote access to my data.

My solution was to go all web based.
Got in the habit even before moving to Mac.
Hated installing updates of Quicken and Turbotax.

https://countabout.com/

This works great as a register for recon of bank transactions and tracking income and expenses. Custom reports can be made. There are low cost options depending what features you choose to use.

Not great for investment analysis but then again I didn’t use Quicken for that either.

I like being able to access from phone, ipad, laptop from anywhere.
“It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future.” ― Yogi Berra
guppyguy

Post by guppyguy »

Markwhy wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:38 am After using Quicken for Mac for 15+ years, I gave up and started looking for an alternative. It took 4+ years of trying all the alternatives but couldn't find anything superior to QM2007. I refused to cave into the expensive subscription model for the newer QM versions that weren't as good as QM2007. I tried every Mac compatible alternative mentioned on Bogleheads and elsewhere.

FINALLY, I found something that matches or beats QM2007 in every way and has a one time cost of only $50 with no other fees of any kind. Also, it has excellent responsive support from the developer. There is a free 30-day trial too.

That App is called SEE Finance 2. It's available on the MacOS App Store, for those of you who don't want to risk downloading malware apps via the internet. Or you can buy it directly from https://scimonocesoftware.com. Same price either way.

As of 1/23/21, it's currently on sale for $40.

Things I like about it:

1) Low purchase price, no recurring costs of any kind.
2) Excellent support, including welcoming suggestions for new features.
3) One of the most well written examples of Mac app software I've ever used
4) It imported my 20 years of Quicken data quickly and with minimal errors. I completed my transition in less than 30 minutes, not including time spent later fine-tuning to take advantage of features that Quicken didn't have.
5) Does both investment tracking (imports transactions and downloads security prices) and income/expense tracking (banks, credit cards) - just like Quicken
6) It stores my data file on my computer, not on someone else's cloud server, using MacOS built-in encryption. You can store it on a cloud server, if you choose to.
7) Supports Direct Connect or QFX or QIF imports, no extra fees for any of that.
8) Lots of graphs and custom report features
9) Lots of flexibility on custom tags that you can use to create custom reports
10) Excellent and super-fast search capabilities when you are looking for prior transactions
11) It doesn't do Bill Pay, but I don't care since all my banks offer that for free anyway.

After 2+ years of using See Finance 2, there is only one minor thing I don't like about SeeFinance 2 and that is that when you export your reports to a spreadsheet formatted file, it includes a lot of columns that you may not want and you have to manually delete them every time. It's not a big deal and I've suggested to the developer that he add an option to select what columns you do or don't want in your export.

Why am I writing this? Because I spent years getting helpful suggestions from Bogleheads for Quicken Mac alternatives for Mac users like me who were looking for competent alternatives. I got many helpful suggestions, none of which really worked out for me. I hope this post will help users out there find a better and/or less costly App to help them manage their investments and personal finances.
Does it do any sort of asset allocation function? For example, can I select which accounts I want in a report and see what percentages are allocated to stocks/bonds (and as a bonus what to do to get it back)?

I left YNAB and am trying Quicken for Mac but not crazy about it yet….

Thanks
Topic Author
Markwhy

Post by Markwhy »

It doesn’t really do asset allocation and rebalancing, but it keeps track of all your investment positions in each account and updates asset prices daily. There are very flexible report capabilities that you can use to export your account positions to spreadsheet compatible files. You would have to do your own rebalance calculations in the spreadsheet.

If you go to the product website, you can see the entire user manual which tells you everything about what it can do including the report generating and exporting.

BTW, the purchase price is reasonable, the developer has immediately released updates with each new MacOS release and there have been no upgrade fees or annual license fees during the years I’ve been using it. Pretty hard to beat this financial software for Mac users.
G-Force

Post by G-Force »

Personally I’ve found the the latest Quicken for Mac to be very good. It was neglected for years but is now being actively developed. I don’t mind the subscription since there are ongoing development costs with not only the software but also the back ends to thousands of financial institutions. Quicken subscriptions can commonly be found heavily discounted at Newegg, staples, or Office Depot periodically throughout the year. I usually get a 1-year sub around Black Friday for cheap. It’s well worth it to track all my accounts and download transactions automatically.
Topic Author
Markwhy

Post by Markwhy »

Good to know for future reference as a backup option to SeeFinance or other programs that people may be happy with today.

But does the current Quicken for Mac still use a file format that does not allow you to export your entire data file in a way, such as QIF, that can be imported to a different program? If not, seems like you are forced to stay with Quicken forever or else abandon all your historical data.

That difference was another reason I decided to go with SeeFinance instead when I had to choose a few years ago.
Gryphon

Post by Gryphon »

Markwhy wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:01 amBut does the current Quicken for Mac still use a file format that does not allow you to export your entire data file in a way, such as QIF, that can be imported to a different program?
Quicken for Mac currently exports to QXF, QMTF, and CSV. Usually one of the first two can be imported by other programs. (SeeFinance imports QMTF, just as one example.) Bank accounts usually go through OK, but investment accounts have problems getting exported.
douginct

Post by douginct »

Can one print checks with current version of Quicken for Mac? I used to use Quicken on a windows pc. Switched to Mac a few years ago and eventually gave up on Quicken. I have a stack of checks for Quicken that I’d love to use if possible. Thanks.
retire2022

Post by retire2022 »

Markwhy wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:19 pm It doesn’t really do asset allocation and rebalancing, but it keeps track of all your investment positions in each account and updates asset prices daily. There are very flexible report capabilities that you can use to export your account positions to spreadsheet compatible files. You would have to do your own rebalance calculations in the spreadsheet.
Hi

I use Morningstar free account Portfolio Manager, which allows one to export your positions and data to spreadsheet, you can use google sheets or Excel after you download data. The export button is middle center right, next to print button.

With your own data in open source spreadsheet, you are not machine or IOS dependent and should be future proof migration.

The advantage of using M* is one don't have to be logged in your custodian's account. Setting up is relatively easy as it took me less than six hours to upload all my data transcribed from Vanguard account history.

https://www.morningstar.com/portfolio-manager/my-view

I use their free Instant X-ray tool to set up account balance and it takes less 10 minutes to do so.

https://www.morningstar.com/instant-x-ray

Here is a video on this subject from Rob Berger https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqo3sbSbFjg&t=355s
Last edited by retire2022 on Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gryphon

Post by Gryphon »

douginct wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:15 pm Can one print checks with current version of Quicken for Mac? I used to use Quicken on a windows pc. Switched to Mac a few years ago and eventually gave up on Quicken. I have a stack of checks for Quicken that I’d love to use if possible. Thanks.
Yes, you can. I don't use it myself, but it looks pretty simple - put PRINT in the check number column & then select "Print Checks" from the file menu. After they're printed a dialog box lets you update the check numbers if needed.
Topic Author
Markwhy

Post by Markwhy »

Retire2022 ...

I also use the M* online tools as part of my suite of SeeFinance2, Excel and Morningstar. I actually import information from SeeFinance and Morningstar into an Excel spreadsheet where I can do re-balancing calculations and other things that aren't done by the other two programs. I found that the combination of those three covers all the bases!
guppyguy

Post by guppyguy »

So the biggest problem I can see with SEE is that I would have to either manually enter all of my Schwab account transactions or try to export a CSV file out of Schwab into SEE, which can be dicey sometimes?

Is my estimate correct, there is no OFX/QFX downloads from Schwab anymore? Kinda makes Quicken the only game in town.
Topic Author
Markwhy

Post by Markwhy »

I import all of my transactions into SEE using either QFX or QIF. This works with all of my banks and my brokerages. There is no manual entering of transactions, unless you want to.

However, I have very little with Schwab so I don’t know for sure about that. If Schwab now only supports Quicken, I would personally move my assets to Fidelity or Vanguard rather than be forced to use Quicken and be held hostage by not being able to ever export my data out of Quicken. I would send Schwab and Quicken an email saying “nice try”.
Last edited by Markwhy on Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
retire2022

Post by retire2022 »

Markwhy wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:06 pm Retire2022 ...

I also use the M* online tools as part of my suite of SeeFinance2, Excel and Morningstar. I actually import information from SeeFinance and Morningstar into an Excel spreadsheet where I can do re-balancing calculations and other things that aren't done by the other two programs. I found that the combination of those three covers all the bases!
very good, glad you are aware.
guppyguy

Post by guppyguy »

Markwhy wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:44 pm I import all of my transactions into SEE using either QFX or QIF. This works with all of my banks and my brokerages. There is no manual entering of transactions, unless you want to.

However, I have very little with Schwab so I don’t know for sure about that. If Schwab now only supports Quicken, I would personally move my assets to Fidelity or Vanguard rather than be forced to use Quicken and be held hostage by not being able to ever export my data out of Quicken. I would send Schwab and Quicken an email saying “nice try”.
Yup I confirmed with Schwab, only the new Quicken connection and/or CSV exports. We have all of our employer accounts with Schwab plus then some so its what it is. SEE customer support confirmed this as well.

Kinda disappointing
ColoRetiredGirl

Post by ColoRetiredGirl »

guppyguy wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:00 pm So the biggest problem I can see with SEE is that I would have to either manually enter all of my Schwab account transactions or try to export a CSV file out of Schwab into SEE, which can be dicey sometimes?

Is my estimate correct, there is no OFX/QFX downloads from Schwab anymore? Kinda makes Quicken the only game in town.
I sure wished I had seen your remarks before buying the program yesterday. I may have to see if I can cancel the purchase. :?
tvubpwcisla

Post by tvubpwcisla »

Quickbooks or Mint?
ColoRetiredGirl

Post by ColoRetiredGirl »

For those Charles Schwab customers that said SEE Finance will not work. Can you tell me if you saw Charles Schwab listed on the site and if there is an OFX protocol channel? I called CS to ask about the Direct Connect and this issue. They said to ask you the above questions. I really would like to use this program. CS also mentioned using Mint, Acorn, and Personal Capital which I prefer not to use as a primarily aggregator. TIA
guppyguy

Post by guppyguy »

This is what I got back from SEE customer support:
SEE Finance connects to institutions using OFX Direct Connect downloads. Schwab and Alliant CU don’t provide that service to their customers. The only option would be to import a file downloaded from their websites for import into the program. Unfortunately, Schwab doesn’t make any financial file types available for download on their website and only have CSV files available which can be a hassle to import. That’s pretty much unheard of for any institution as most make QFX, OFX and QIF files available for download. QFX/OFX files are preferred when importing from an institution.

We are looking into adding another downloading option that does through a third party data aggregation service, but we’ve always held off adding one of those since they are in-direct methods and result in another party getting all of the customer's financial data on their servers (usually with data mining being in the fine print).
I also chatted online with a Schwab representative and they confirmed that the only file type available for exporting is CSV.

So it appears that Quicken is the only game in town for Schwab account/transaction aggregation without resorting to 3rd party "scraping" services.

I would gladly give SEE a go but this is a serious show stopper. I can understand why Schwab might kill off Direct Connect but to disable all other types of file export formats except CSV is a foul, in my opinion.

- Gup
CurlyDave

Post by CurlyDave »

douginct wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:58 am

Another vote for Banktivity. Started with it when Quicken made my Mac a second-class citizen.

While I was disappointed when they went to a subscription payment model, I thought about it for a while and came to realize that the time (and the tax money) it saved me at tax time was greater than the subscription cost. So, I sucked it up and paid. No problems so far
Answering a question is easy -- asking the right question is the hard part.
CurlyDave

Post by CurlyDave »

guppyguy wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:16 pm This is what I got back from SEE customer support:
SEE Finance connects to institutions using OFX Direct Connect downloads. Schwab and Alliant CU don’t provide that service to their customers. The only option would be to import a file downloaded from their websites for import into the program. Unfortunately, Schwab doesn’t make any financial file types available for download on their website and only have CSV files available which can be a hassle to import. That’s pretty much unheard of for any institution as most make QFX, OFX and QIF files available for download. QFX/OFX files are preferred when importing from an institution.

We are looking into adding another downloading option that does through a third party data aggregation service, but we’ve always held off adding one of those since they are in-direct methods and result in another party getting all of the customer's financial data on their servers (usually with data mining being in the fine print).
I also chatted online with a Schwab representative and they confirmed that the only file type available for exporting is CSV.

So it appears that Quicken is the only game in town for Schwab account/transaction aggregation without resorting to 3rd party "scraping" services.

I would gladly give SEE a go but this is a serious show stopper. I can understand why Schwab might kill off Direct Connect but to disable all other types of file export formats except CSV is a foul, in my opinion.

- Gup
Banktivity claims to be able to import CSV files. I have not tried it, but it might be OK.
Answering a question is easy -- asking the right question is the hard part.
chemocean

Post by chemocean »

HAF-VA wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:48 am
I also didn't like Quicken keeping all my login credentials on their servers so they could provide web access.
I don't have Quicken saving my login credentials. I log into a few online accounts (working checkbook, credit cards) on the posting date , download the .qpx file and then import the .qpx file into Quicken. I manually update share prices quarterly on my five-fund portfolio. That procedure keeps me from paying much attention to the market.
trailmk

Post by trailmk »

You might consider Moneyspire. I used to use Quicken but I don't use enough of Q's features to justify a yearly subscription.

I've been satisfied with Moneyspire. You can download the program to try out for 14 days.

https://www.moneyspire.com/knowledge-ba ... artlang=en

Do you offer a fully functional trial version?
Yes, we offer a fully functional 14-day trial version that allows you to evaluate Moneyspire and see if it meets your needs. The trial version does not limit the number of accounts, transactions, reminders or any other part of the software. You can download the free unlimited trial here:

http://www.moneyspire.com/download

This webpage lists all the features of Moneyspire Personal:

https://www.moneyspire.com/personal/

Hope this helps.

MKT
randyharris

Post by randyharris »

20+ year Quicken user on Windows and Mac, maybe 5+ year iBank/Banktivity user on the Mac, but I switched to Personal Capital 3 years ago and really enjoy it. Works very well for me.
guppyguy

Post by guppyguy »

So I decided on Quicken for Mac but now have buyer/switcher remorse.....

Does anybody else have issues with transaction credits not showing up on reports?
Gryphon

Post by Gryphon »

guppyguy wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:55 pm Does anybody else have issues with transaction credits not showing up on reports?
There are a handful of deprecated reports that use old report generating code that should be avoided as they have issues; these have gray icons. The reports with colored icons are using the new report generation code; the ones that I've used have been fine with one exception: The Tax report doesn't show anything related to withdrawals from my Traditional IRA - not the taxes withheld or the taxable income. I've been willing to work around that since I only make one withdrawal a year, but it could be a bigger annoyance for folks who make quarterly or monthly withdrawals, or are withdrawing from multiple IRAs.
Crustus

Post by Crustus »

Got a copy (App Store) of SEE Finance 2.

Well, it imports the "qmtf" file but quicken (current subscription model) only exports the bank files?? No investment files??

Tried to import a qxf file (again the most current version from quickens subscription model). I had to change the case of the "qxf" to "QXF" to even get it to admit to it's existence. Tells me that this 62MB file contains nothing.

No joy in Mudville. :confused

Tomorrow's problem.
And . . .
rkhusky

Post by rkhusky »

I’ve used GnuCash for the last 6 years and it’s working fine.
tetractys

Post by tetractys »

Thanks I’m using Moneydance.
WhyNotUs

Post by WhyNotUs »

After a period of regular decline, I am finding Quicken to be a little better. The connectivity to my banks has gotten more stable and the features have stabilized. I have so many years data in Quicken that I have been slow to change and now am hoping it will be good enough to get my through my last years of work.
I own the next hot stock- VTSAX
twh

Post by twh »

Boy, I don't get it...Quicken for Mac 2007 was garbage. Only now is the Mac version approaching the usability of the Windows version. Back in 2007, I could run the Windows Quicken version faster in my VmWare Fusion Virtual Machine than I could run native Quicken for Mac and the Windows version had many more usability features.
InMyDreams

Post by InMyDreams »

twh wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:31 am Boy, I don't get it...Quicken for Mac 2007 was garbage. Only now is the Mac version approaching the usability of the Windows version. Back in 2007, I could run the Windows Quicken version faster in my VmWare Fusion Virtual Machine than I could run native Quicken for Mac and the Windows version had many more usability features.
Wow...sounds like what I did. What have you done recently? I need to migrate!
twh

Post by twh »

InMyDreams wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:54 am
twh wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:31 am Boy, I don't get it...Quicken for Mac 2007 was garbage. Only now is the Mac version approaching the usability of the Windows version. Back in 2007, I could run the Windows Quicken version faster in my VmWare Fusion Virtual Machine than I could run native Quicken for Mac and the Windows version had many more usability features.
Wow...sounds like what I did. What have you done recently? I need to migrate!
Quicken for Mac is adequate now. Not as good as the Windows version, but good enough. And, they are improving it.
Lastrun

Post by Lastrun »

twh wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:24 am Quicken for Mac is adequate now. Not as good as the Windows version, but good enough. And, they are improving it.
They have rolled out a fair number of updates and the last 60 days and the investing portion is actually catching up nicely with the Windows version. Not as good, but I don't have buyer's remorse anymore for switching from the Windows version.

Still no cash register sound. Kinda miss that.
guppyguy

Post by guppyguy »

Anybody make the switch to Simplifi and still happy with it?

I switched from YNAB to Quicken4Mac and its okay but clunky. Looking at Simplifi now I wonder if that would have been a better option.