Has your PPP loan been processed yet? Ours hasn’t been, and I'm getting concerned

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
Stinky

Has your PPP loan been processed yet? Ours hasn’t been, and I'm getting concerned

Post by Stinky »

Our church applied for a PPP loan through the website of our bank (Regions) on Monday, April 6. We submitted all of the required documents at that time, and received an “application number” back from Regions.

Since that time, it’s been radio silence from Regions. We’ve reached out to Regions a few times, and they’ve confirmed that our application was received, but can’t tell us anything else.

I’m getting concerned, because I have heard Mnuchin say that PPP funds are flying out the door. Meanwhile, we’re patiently waiting.

Do other BHs have experiences, either good or bad, in getting processed/approved for PPP loans?
It's a GREAT day to be alive! - Travis Tritt
hillman

Re: Has your PPP loan been processed yet? Ours hasn’t been, and I'm getting concerned

Post by hillman »

We applied and our application has been approved by the bank then the SBA. Now we are waiting for funding. I am cautiously optimistic we will be funded today (I'm trying to gently nudge our banker to just let us come down and sign everything, but they are slammed right now).
Who knows how this will all shake out. It has been a nightmare for all involved.
Elysium

Re: Has your PPP loan been processed yet? Ours hasn’t been, and I'm getting concerned

Post by Elysium »

I'll take what they say with a grain of salt, since they have a vested interest in projecting positive spin on things working out smooth, giving the impression capital is flowing into small businesses, raising confidence in public, stopping questions about efficiency of funds distribution. That said, they could also be true since the number of applications were very high, and many may have received it already, funds may be reaching bottom. There is also discussion on additional funds if the initial amount runs out.
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

Just heard a moment ago that the bank had accepted the application made on 4/9 and the documents are complete, so the bank was submitting it to the next phase.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.
JonnyDVM

Post by JonnyDVM »

Submitted to BOA 4/11. Haven’t heard a peep about it yet. Not even a “we are processing your loan application”. I can only assume they’re overrun with applicants. Without a doubt there are many businesses right now sweating out making their next payroll so I hope the banks can get things rolling soon.

Edit - My mind doesn’t work anymore. Applied April 4th with BOA. Uploaded docs April 8th.
Last edited by JonnyDVM on Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
I’d trade it all for a little more | -C Montgomery Burns
mx711yam

Post by mx711yam »

My chase banker called me a few days ago and said that chase hasnt even submitted anything to sba yet for any clients, they were waiting to package them together. Hope he was wrong.
LTD

Post by LTD »

I signed up on a "interested in PPP" form with Wells Fargo on April 4th. It took them a week to send me an email saying I am in their queue. About 4 days later they sent me a list of documents they will require and said to get them ready. Nothing since then. I figure that I am out of luck on getting anything, so I started laying people off...
"Rich is the man for the things that he can, with dignity, live without"
knpstr

Post by knpstr »

I was approved April 6th and now "waiting on the documents from the SBA" to sign. Was told that the documents should be here April 16th to sign. Apparently after signing the funds arrive within the same day (or maybe next day depending on the hour everything is submitted).
Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking. -Marcus Aurelius
dsmil

Post by dsmil »

My company was funded on Monday. We applied on day one (4/3).
cusetownusa

Post by cusetownusa »

I submitted through Keybank on Sunday April 5th. On April 9th keybank notified us that they approved our application and submitted everything to SBA.

Now we are in waiting mode with the SBA. Starting to get nervous that the funds will dry up before they approve us.
nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Post by nisiprius »

No answer but you might "enjoy" this Planet Money podcast:Planet Money Episode 990: The Big Small Business Rescue
Transcript

Apparently the "waiting for SBA" problem is common:
FOUNTAIN: The third problem is what really slowed things down, and it was a technical one. Because once banks got the applications from small businesses, they were supposed to clear that with the SBA, the Small Business Administration. But banks' computer systems - they were having trouble talking to the government systems. And Paul Davis says banks felt stuck.

DAVIS: On one hand, they are facing financial risk if they move ahead and loan the money out without a government guarantee in hand. On the other side, they run the risk of having their reputations harmed the longer they hold out giving borrowers the money. So it's a tough tug of war right now between, you know, trying to manage financial risk but also the expectations of borrowers who really need the assistance sooner rather than later.
Last edited by nisiprius on Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.
surveyor

Post by surveyor »

Our stage is "paralending obtaining SBA Authorization" whatever that means. The banker doesn't know. Application went in 4/6.
Stormbringer

Post by Stormbringer »

I got my SBA loan #'s (two businesses) on Monday morning, so it took about 6 business days from the time I submitted the paperwork. I haven't received the money yet, though. The bank said it needed a few more days for that.
“The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function.” - Albert Allen Bartlett
TwinCities

Post by TwinCities »

We submitted on April 8th and were funded on April 13; used a mid-size regional bank in the Midwest with which we had preexisting account relationships but no borrowing history. My sense is that the choice of bank matters a lot for this program, with the big banks being too big to move quickly/get systems established and the small banks/credit unions being slow because of personnel limitations and the absence of any prior SBA lending approval.
denrot

Post by denrot »

I applied via Wells on Apr 7, received notification of approval and signed note on Apr 9 (last Thursday). No funding yet.
kgressler

Post by kgressler »

Started the process on the 3rd with a small local bank that i have no prior business with. Was approved on Friday. Signed my commitment letter and emailed back. Had to send the originals in the mail. Banker told me last night that they already pulled my SBA loan number and I have guaranteed funds but it will be 5-7 days for funding. He said they just need time to process the rest of the paperwork.
Topic Author
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

nisiprius wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:42 am No answer but you might "enjoy" this Planet Money podcast:Planet Money Episode 990: The Big Small Business Rescue
Transcript
Thanks for the link. It’s a little dated (podcast released last week), but directly on point.

My biggest concern, which is probably mirrored by folks who have responded up thread, is that the SBA will run out of funding while my application sits in a pile at my bank, and that further funding of the program doesn’t happen.

I understand what must be back office chaos at my bank, but that doesn’t help me out.

It’s kind of a helpless feeling .....
It's a GREAT day to be alive! - Travis Tritt
Nowizard

Post by Nowizard »

Nine days is not a long time for a loan to be processed in normal times. Government works slowly, of course, and this bill was put together in record time. More patience required in my opinion.

Tim
We'll See

Post by We'll See »

I applied through Chase on 4/3. Then I received an email a few days later asking for additional info and it made me do the application all over again. I've heard nothing since then.

I'm hearing that the smaller banks are doing a much better and more efficient job getting the approvals and moving the funds.
CascadiaSoonish

Post by CascadiaSoonish »

Applied through our regional bank on 4/4. Received final paperwork on Monday 4/13 that included the requested amount and the SBA loan number. However, our payroll provider (ADP) changed the payroll report calculations significantly after our 4/4 application, so I'm trying to amend our application to get the additional funds (it's a 20% bump so it's worth the hassle) but the bank isn't really set up for a back-and-forth with customers on this as they're trying to get these through in volume. If it gets to the end of the day and I haven't heard back I'll have the choice of letting the Docusign paperwork expire or just signing the smaller-value loan paperwork. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.
knpstr

Post by knpstr »

Update: we got our papers today. Able to DocuSign and within 15 minutes the funds were in the account.
So took about 9 days from the bank saying we were "approved" to electronically signing the documents, then money was in the account basically instantly.
Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking. -Marcus Aurelius
WhyNotUs

Post by WhyNotUs »

FWIW, If it was me, I would sign for the smaller amount and then do the amendment later. This money is going fast, there may or may not be more.
CascadiaSoonish wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:39 am Applied through our regional bank on 4/4. Received final paperwork on Monday 4/13 that included the requested amount and the SBA loan number. However, our payroll provider (ADP) changed the payroll report calculations significantly after our 4/4 application, so I'm trying to amend our application to get the additional funds (it's a 20% bump so it's worth the hassle) but the bank isn't really set up for a back-and-forth with customers on this as they're trying to get these through in volume. If it gets to the end of the day and I haven't heard back I'll have the choice of letting the Docusign paperwork expire or just signing the smaller-value loan paperwork. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.
I own the next hot stock- VTSAX
CascadiaSoonish

WhyNotUs wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:53 pm FWIW, If it was me, I would sign for the smaller amount and then do the amendment later. This money is going fast, there may or may not be more.
CascadiaSoonish wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:39 am Applied through our regional bank on 4/4. Received final paperwork on Monday 4/13 that included the requested amount and the SBA loan number. However, our payroll provider (ADP) changed the payroll report calculations significantly after our 4/4 application, so I'm trying to amend our application to get the additional funds (it's a 20% bump so it's worth the hassle) but the bank isn't really set up for a back-and-forth with customers on this as they're trying to get these through in volume. If it gets to the end of the day and I haven't heard back I'll have the choice of letting the Docusign paperwork expire or just signing the smaller-value loan paperwork. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.
Our bank hasn't mentioned anything about an amendment process, but yeah, in the meantime I'm going to pull the trigger within a couple hours if I don't receive revisions back from the bank.
MP123

Post by MP123 »

CascadiaSoonish wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:17 pm
WhyNotUs wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:53 pm FWIW, If it was me, I would sign for the smaller amount and then do the amendment later. This money is going fast, there may or may not be more.
Our bank hasn't mentioned anything about an amendment process, but yeah, in the meantime I'm going to pull the trigger within a couple hours if I don't receive revisions back from the bank.
Depending on your situation it may be easier to get the somewhat smaller loan amount forgiven vs the larger amount. And since no one really knows exactly what the forgiveness process will look like that might be a good thing. I'd jump on the smaller loan right now for sure.
JohnDindex

Post by JohnDindex »

Applied day one. Great communication from our local community bank who we have an existing lending relationship with. Docusign and funding today.

I have a personal checking account at a major bank but for business I have always found that community banks offer a level service that can’t be matched.
tagius

Post by tagius »

Filled out initial interested form with Wells Fargo on 4/5.
Recieved multiple "your in the queue" follow up emails.
Received invitation to fill out forms to apply today 4/15.
GastroMD

Post by GastroMD »

i am concerned. money running out
Jimsad

Post by Jimsad »

Was put on a waiting list by a big bank since 10 days .
Did not receive even an application.
My accountant directed me to a trust and I contacted them on 4/14 and they sent me the application which I completed and they submitted to SBA same day
I just heard from them my loan got approved today - 4/15
Jimsad

Post by Jimsad »

Some of the news channels are saying the 350 billion may run out today
theplayer11

Post by theplayer11 »

banks handled this differently. My local bank sent apps without verifying or even asking for supporting docs to get SBA approval #. I've been told that once you have SBA approval #, funds are allocated to you.
This sounds great, but from the latest FAQ from the Treasury Dept., banks were supposed to verify info, then send to SBA. The FAQ does state that if banks did this improperly, apps up until April 14th would not need to be withdrawn.
I'm glad my bank did it wrong..lol. But now they are sitting on a ton of apps they need to underwrite.
h82goslw

Post by h82goslw »

Jimsad wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:30 pm Was put on a waiting list by a big bank since 10 days .
Did not receive even an application.
My accountant directed me to a trust and I contacted them on 4/14 and they sent me the application which I completed and they submitted to SBA same day
I just heard from them my loan got approved today - 4/15
Care to name that trust?
GoldenFinch

Post by GoldenFinch »

Bank called us this afternoon and said our paperwork is in underwriting. Hopefully that’s a good sign, but who knows.
Jimsad

Post by Jimsad »

Fmbankandtrust
The person I am dealing with said he has hit his cap .
But you can try contacting their bank
Good luck!
GoldenFinch

Post by GoldenFinch »

Jimsad wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:51 pm Fmbankandtrust
The person I am dealing with said he has hit his cap .
But you can try contacting their bank
Good luck!
What cap was hit? Is each bank only allowed to process a certain number of loans?
Harry Livermore

Post by Harry Livermore »

I initially applied on 4/7, and uploaded all docs later that day. I have been checking in to Intralinks to make sure there are no new docs there. I had an email from BOA this morning saying they needed "additional information" and I should log in, where I would see a pop-up window with questions. I logged in and saw nothing.
After a not-too-bad 34 minute hold on the phone, a rep helped me figure out that even though I can see both personal and business accounts when I log in via the personal user name, I had to log in via my business user name to see the pop up.
Ugh.
She was nice enough and offered to take my answers to the questions over the phone. They sounded almost identical to the ones I had answered in the initial application, AND later answered again with the fill-in PDF at Intralinks. ("Is your business a non-profit?" "Do you operate online gambling?' etc.)
So, hopefully later this morning, it went to the SBA.
I have not received an SBA number yet.
I also would not be surprised if the whole thing ran out of money before I can get any.
Cheers
Shackleton

Post by Shackleton »

LTD wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:55 am I signed up on a "interested in PPP" form with Wells Fargo on April 4th. It took them a week to send me an email saying I am in their queue. About 4 days later they sent me a list of documents they will require and said to get them ready. Nothing since then. I figure that I am out of luck on getting anything, so I started laying people off...
This sounds a lot like what my friend is hearing “you are in the queue”. And she’s losing hope that it will be processed before funds run out.
“Superhuman effort isn't worth a damn unless it achieves results.” ~Ernest Shackleton
AerialWombat

Post by AerialWombat »

Shackleton wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:17 pm
LTD wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:55 am I signed up on a "interested in PPP" form with Wells Fargo on April 4th. It took them a week to send me an email saying I am in their queue. About 4 days later they sent me a list of documents they will require and said to get them ready. Nothing since then. I figure that I am out of luck on getting anything, so I started laying people off...
This sounds a lot like what my friend is hearing “you are in the queue”. And she’s losing hope that it will be processed before funds run out.
According to multiple news reports, the fund has been depleted as of late this afternoon.
For entertainment purposes only.
CascadiaSoonish

MP123 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:40 pm
CascadiaSoonish wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:17 pm
Depending on your situation it may be easier to get the somewhat smaller loan amount forgiven vs the larger amount. And since no one really knows exactly what the forgiveness process will look like that might be a good thing. I'd jump on the smaller loan right now for sure.
Docusigned the final loan docs at the lower amount a minute ago. Discussed with my spouse and we agreed that with the chaos surrounding the program, we didn't want to risk the core loan even though we are leaving a five-figure amount on the table by submitting at the lower amount.
Designairohio

Post by Designairohio »

I wen thru PayPal filled out the application around 12;30pm yesterday 4/14 received documents by4pm signed & uploaded needed documents and received my funds today around 2pm
Jimsad

Post by Jimsad »

Designairohio wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:59 pm I wen thru PayPal filled out the application around 12;30pm yesterday 4/14 received documents by4pm signed & uploaded needed documents and received my funds today around 2pm
Wow! This is the fastest processing I heard about so far !
bbqguru

Post by bbqguru »

Submitted paperwork on 4/3 (Friday). Bank updated their systems over that weekend and processed our application on 4/6 (Monday). Had funds on 4/7 (Tuesday)
Elysium

Post by Elysium »

Designairohio wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:59 pm I wen thru PayPal filled out the application around 12;30pm yesterday 4/14 received documents by4pm signed & uploaded needed documents and received my funds today around 2pm
I have my application in last step with US Bank, waiting for loan documents to be signed, it's been a few days. I am wondering if I should go through PayPal if it's faster, does anyone know if making two applications is a problem, so long as it is not funded / signed?
Jesa

Post by Jesa »

For those that have been approved and funded, how many employees do you have? I am wondering if the banks are going from large to small. I applied with BOA on day one, uploaded all documents, and have heard crickets since. Nobody over there can answer anything. I have 5 employees total.
GoldenFinch

Post by GoldenFinch »

Jesa wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:22 am For those that have been approved and funded, how many employees do you have? I am wondering if the banks are going from large to small. I applied with BOA on day one, uploaded all documents, and have heard crickets since. Nobody over there can answer anything. I have 5 employees total.
Our bank contact person told us we were number 700 and something out of ~33,000 applications and they are going in order. We have 15 employees. Ours went into underwriting yesterday afternoon. He said that none of the applications that had been processed by him on Wednesday had been approved as of Thursday. From reading here it looks like it’s all just luck of the draw.
Designairohio

Post by Designairohio »

Jesa wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:22 am For those that have been approved and funded, how many employees do you have? I am wondering if the banks are going from large to small. I applied with BOA on day one, uploaded all documents, and have heard crickets since. Nobody over there can answer anything. I have 5 employees total.
I am self employed no employees contractor PayPal paid me next day after application
Jesa

Post by Jesa »

Designairohio wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:19 am
I am self employed no employees contractor PayPal paid me next day after application
I guess it's a matter of your bank then. Some must be prepared and others not or just overwhelmed.
lessismore22

Post by lessismore22 »

I have 6 employees. Was approved by a medium-size regional bank on 4/9. Banker emailed me today and said my funds are reserved with the SBA so it's just a waiting game for their document processing department now.
bbqguru

Post by bbqguru »

We have 19 employees. Our bank, and their respective branches are going in order of time received. Our application was the first turned in with everything required so we were first to go.
LTD

Post by LTD »

AerialWombat wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:32 pm
Shackleton wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:17 pm
According to multiple news reports, the fund has been depleted as of late this afternoon.
Update: An email finally came yesterday from Wells Fargo allowing me to apply. I got my application and documents uploaded within an hour. Then I googled "PPP running out of money" it came back with PPP set to run out of funds by Wednesday afternoon.:oops: Hopefully there will be a second round of funds and I am now near the front of that line??
"Rich is the man for the things that he can, with dignity, live without"
CBZ

Post by CBZ »

Hi I uploaded my payroll and other forms last Saturday. Stuck in the same situation “your loan is being processed”. Did you ever definitively see that your loan was “approved”

On a side note — us bank made a credit inquiry this morn. Not sure if this is ppp related. I did recently open a new heloc with Them, they denied an associated CC request because according to them my credit was frozen (it wasn’t ). Not sure if the heloc cc department tried running my credit again. I hope it was for ppp though

Elysium wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:58 pm
I have my application in last step with US Bank, waiting for loan documents to be signed, it's been a few days. I am wondering if I should go through PayPal if it's faster, does anyone know if making two applications is a problem, so long as it is not funded / signed?